mewtwo

yoga kriyas? cleansing techniques?

I was wondering does anyone here practice all of the yoga kriyas? are they even still practeced in todays world? cause to me putting a tumeric root up my butt seems a little invasive. some of them i can understand like the jala neti.

Thanks

i practice some of them. those found in the true methods of Lahiree Mahasaya. some are found in hatha yoga and others. it is still around. there is no need to practice them all, trust me. havent heard of many that do. the best overall one for cleansing that i practice is breath pranayam. it is probably the best as it cleanses the entire nadi system in your body (nervous system etc) there are others though. some teach reverse abdominal breathing but even normal breathing can be used in certain postures to cleanse. during breath pranayam use regular abdominal breathing. kriyas are actions that are practiced. those can be anytype of breathing techniques with certain postures or asanas. if you want what is called kriyayoga to use to cleanse (not that this is the goal) then there is only one person i know of in america that practices the authentic version of Yogiraj Lahiree Mahasaya other than myself and is accessible, however i cannot teach it or disclose the exact techniques. So simple hatha techniques can do what you want with proper breathing.

I was wondering does anyone here practice all of the yoga kriyas? are they even still practeced in todays world? cause to me putting a tumeric root up my butt seems a little invasive. some of them i can understand like the jala neti.

Thanks

How about putting dead animals through your butt. isn't that invasive? Every piece of rotten food that we consume ends up there anyway. There have been cases when SHANK PRAKSHALANA or VAMANA DHAUTI saved people's lives. These are technqniques of control based on a good understanding of the human machine. So why fear them?

It's like being prejudice against oil change in your car

there is good info on the AYP site. not all of it is correct but it does have alot of info for you. some things are different according to what style you practice so sometimes the techniques described there wont necessarily fit with other similiar practices. the main thing to remember is that you should have a direct relationship with a teacher when practicing. some consider that old school but trust me, you wont have nearly as many problems arise. putting info on the web is great and all but when it comes to certain techniques its better to have a relationship with the teacher so they can correct problems in your own technique or fix things if you have practiced improperly. putting a disclaimer on a site that offers info isnt the same thing as having a person that is authorized to teach in front of you and to confide in. what you will find in america is hatha yoga mostly, as when people think of yoga they think of what they see on tv etc. nothing wrong with hatha yoga dont get me wrong but some Yogic techniques can cause a lot of problems if just practiced on your own without proper instruction. i find that asanas are great to get the body limber and helps to increase sitting times, but for cleansing you will need the breath work. good luck

Edited by yuanqi

My Kundalini Yoga teacher told me to do breath of fire every day for the rest of my life. Very effective de-tox.

Hello Mewtwo and All :D

Personally I have been practicing Jala Neti and Nauli Kriya everyday for a couple of years now. I find them both very practical as well as results oriented. I haven't had a cold or anything of that sort since starting Jala Neti practice (not to mention the benefits in my pranayam practice), and all the digestive problems I used to have have ceased since starting the practice of Nauli Kriya. I don't practice Amaroli, Intestinal wash, or colon cleanse though....not yet anyways ;)....who knows what the future holds ;)

Love!

:D