Mal

David Deida

yea i got some good stuff from Way OF THe Superior Man...

it was one of the better things that i heard about through the "seduction community/industry"...

Ill have to go and read his other books now

I find Deida's descriptions on masculine and feminine inspirational and rather limited - especially when it's to do with personality.

Superimposing his descriptions of 'true' masculine and feminine with the enneagram, you get type 2 as the feminine and type 8 as the masculine... missing all the intricacies of the other numbers.

As far as I can tell, Mal, you're a 9 - same as me... 9 is right in the middle - it's a very neutral type... We have some feminine aspects - like indirectness, being easy-going, unconfrontational, expanded awareness, likeable, sweet etc... which is in great contrast to the type 8 - who is very outward, confrontational, direct, outwardly emotional, narrowly focused, 'strong' and dominating.

I really like Deida and his ideas are really inspiring... but I find him lacking on the application front... there are many intricacies he seems to miss... The Taoists didn't just stick to yin and yang... they have the 5 phases... 8 forces... 64 flows... Boiling it down to yin and yang is useful on a certain level, but not all levels. Certainly a good introduction into inner dynamics, but falls short when you get in-depth and personal with it.

FWIW In the Itunes Podcast Infinite Smile (a favorite of mine) there's a lecture called

'David Deida - Exploring Sexual Stages with Buddhists', worth a listen to.

Michael

Mal,

Here is a fun video that you might find pertinent.

EDIT

It occurred to me that when freeform reads the above sentence he will not feel the fun of which I speak...

So, I'll add a bit that hopefully will feel less dead and zombie-like.

I especially like how at the beginning Deida says (more or less) that trying to pin down masculine and feminine is meaningless, but then encourages stereotypical behavior toward the end. I think this gives a lot of insight into how Deida communicates. You can't take what he says too seriously or literally, it's just pointing at the moon. He gives definitions of masculine and feminine that are very general (consciousness and radiance), but then illustrates them with stereotypes. But if you look a little deeper, I think you find that (borrowing freeform's example) that each of the five elements has a yin and a yang manifestation.

freeform,

We should compare notes about what you felt from that vs. what I was feeling when I wrote it. If you feel so inclined, please PM me.

Edited by Creation