Sign in to follow this  
dnice

head spinning when i follow the breath

I practiced for 3-4 hours of "orgasm" practice , trying to bring all the energy upwards ..

After i tried meditating and i was a bit scared because i was noticing some type of energy moving in circles it felt like my whole head was going in circles .. And right now if I meditate my head moves up and down with the breath . Its like the movement of my head is the same as the breath ..

I have been practicing meditation for a month now . And i finally found the natural rhythm of my breath , But when im deep into the breath my head moves with the breath ....

is this normal? does this have anything to do with the orgasm energy ?

thanx

Hello

Ohh please explain what you mean by "orgasm" practises and from where you have learned. Do you practise anything else except meditation and since when.

If it is Mantak Chias stuf then I know some, have been practising it for more than ten years.

Short answer:

You should not take up energy to the head wihout enough preparation, and you should not keep it there, but take it down in the front channel, that should be opened before you learn to take the energy up. So yes from what you write I believe your feelings comes from moving up sexual energy to the head. The practise you do is if I am right not good for you, but I want more information and then ohters might also contribute to this.

F D

But when im deep into the breath my head moves with the breath ....

That's normal. It is just the elements of the body circulating naturally. It is good to be that relaxed...normally people don't notice the flow because they hold so much tension.

But it's important to keep your attention in the lower dantien (behind the navel), because energy making your head spin is bad!

lol ok ok one second , im only influenced by mantak chia , i dont know alot about this energy stuff...

i need some help , so i guess i got alot of energy up on my head, how do i bring it down ...... ?????

lol ok ok one second , im only influenced by mantak chia , i dont know alot about this energy stuff...

i need some help , so i guess i got alot of energy up on my head, how do i bring it down ...... ?????

i still cant believe this energy stuff, my fuken head is spinning, my mind is spinning , i have a headache lol , and i just found out from his book that i stored too much energy up there.... i have been storing energy there for such a long time i guess it takes time to bring it down ,,,, i have never practiced bringing it down ...

this is amazing...

can somebody plz help me ,

any tips?

Edited by dnice

Simple stuff: Get outside and get some fresh air. Exercise your body by jogging or doing push ups. These are pretty conventional physical ways to get "out of your head", which too much "head" practices can easily do, and 'cause problems, even if you think you are ready, and ESPECIALLY when you aren't.

Another little technique (taken from the Dragon and Tiger medical qigong that B.K. Frantzis teaches) is while standing, to raise yourself up onto the balls of your feet, then lightly fall back on your heels. You want to kind of send a little wave of motion through your body. Not anything painful or forceful, your feet or legs shouldn't hurt while doing this, and your head shouldn't be jarring too much. You'll feel it gently flow through your body. That's a more gentle way of getting "out of your head".

As for other practices.... well in the long run, I suggest getting B.K. Frantzis' book "Opening The Energy Gates of Your Body." That entire book is pretty much dedicated to teaching a method of dissolving energy and releasing it downwards, to prevent things like this. I'd say it's the best investment a beginner can make, especially if you are having problems.

In the immediate present, I suggest you stop doing the upward energy practices you are doing, as they are most likely causing the problem (or exacerbating a problem you already had but weren't aware of). Then, when you breathe, just breathe naturally, and keep following the breath like you are doing. Follow it as far down as your awareness can go. Initially if you can only follow it through your nostrils and to your throat before you exhale (follow it back up), that's fine. Keep feeling further and further down until you can draw breath in to the dantien, then have the breath come up and back out.

An important note here is to FOLLOW the breath. That really helps me. Rather than envisioning or feeling the breath as it happens, I let the breath go where it wants to go, and I'm a fraction of a step behind it. This helps me stay relaxed the whole way through- the body will move the muscles it needs to in order to breathe efficiently if you let them. if you are too concerned with "making yourself breathe" you are most likely going to do a terrible job and tense all kinds of places trying to do it right, when really your body knows what it's doing better than you do (even though... it is you :P)

In general, take it easy! Your body has a natural tendency to move towards equilibrium, and it will if you LET IT. Your body wants to be healthy, your mind wants to be clear! Step out of the way for a week or two, eat right, lots of fresh air (or as fresh as you can get in your area).

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

THe toerhs are right. I don`t have much time now either but look through my old posts and find those that are in threads concerning sex, tantra, karezza, retention of semen and the like. In those posts I sum up a lot of the "collective wisdom" of teh web community regarding these issues. Posts by others in the same threads do similar things. Also look through Trunks site alchemicaltaoism.com. It has much good advice about these matters.

Consider doing some standing meditation (start a thread asking for advice about it or search up old threads). It will bring your energy down and it will balance things out and over the long term help develop you energetically adn slowly open your orbit. As long as you can get the energy down by other means it might be a good idea to hold of a bit on doing the orbit yuntill you have meditated more and done some standing or some qigong etc. The orbit is often placed as a sort of number two practice after you have gotten a base in more basic practices like following the breath, standing, inner smile etc. It is not necesarry to do this first, Opening the orbit now will probably work ok, but you will have a smoother ride if you do more other stuff first. Once you want to open the orbit you could use springforestqigongs small heavenly orbit (circuit?) cd. One way you could eventually use to learn to deal safely with arroused sexual energy is to take KAP 2 where they teach you single and dual cultivation techniques.

Good Luck

I practiced for 3-4 hours of "orgasm" practice , trying to bring all the energy upwards ..

After i tried meditating and i was a bit scared because i was noticing some type of energy moving in circles it felt like my whole head was going in circles .. And right now if I meditate my head moves up and down with the breath . Its like the movement of my head is the same as the breath ..

I have been practicing meditation for a month now . And i finally found the natural rhythm of my breath , But when im deep into the breath my head moves with the breath ....

thanx

There are much gently methods - many (most) who practice what you are attempting from reading a book have problems.

You have received some very good suggestions two of my favorites were to put awareness on Dan Tian and to do physical exercises.

I suggest you cease the practice that started this. Put awareness on Dan Tian. Find a Teacher. Do squats with mild weights. Try rubbing 100 times K1 acupuncture points (the whole area surrounding) on both feet; do 2 times a day.

When things get funky, cut back, way back. Its happened to many of us. If we slow down we're fine, if we don't we can get burned.

IMHO Without a strong foundation (&live teacher to give feedback) 3-4 hours of energy type meditations is too much, way too much. Sloppy Zhang gave some good advice. Its not a race (if it is, its a marathon, think in terms of 20 year stretches :) ).

Michael

i appreciate u took ur time to help me out ...

yes i need to take it easy , And its a smart idea that i practice with a instructor ...

Sign in to follow this