Sign in to follow this  
adept

365 Tao

ACTUAL

The actual

Is only actual

In one place

And one time.

When one listens to a barking dog, one might imagine emotion, pain, reaction, anxiety, and self-identification, but actually there is nothing there -- just sound from a long and deep corridor, channeled out of nothingness and fading into nothingness again.

Like that dog, we may all strive, but there is truly nothing to be done. If we look deeply into our lives, there is only a thin veneer of self-generated meaning over an immense ocean of nothingness.

What we do only has meaning in the here and now. It will not remain in the next instant. Just do what you can for the present, and leave everything else to happen naturally. Work. Wash. Meditate. Eat. Study. Urinate. Sleep. Exercise. Talk. Listen. Touch. Die each night. Be born again each morning.

Hope you don't mind, I thought I'd take it upon myself to start posting each day from this wonderful book full of wisdom.

I hope there's something here for everyone, regardless of tradition or religious persuasion.

I will read whatever you post in this area. I think it is always good to have a little sound philosophy brought into our life to give us something to ponder.

Peace & Love!

ACTUAL

The actual

Is only actual

In one place

And one time.

When one listens to a barking dog, one might imagine emotion, pain, reaction, anxiety, and self-identification, but actually there is nothing there -- just sound from a long and deep corridor, channeled out of nothingness and fading into nothingness again.

Like that dog, we may all strive, but there is truly nothing to be done. If we look deeply into our lives, there is only a thin veneer of self-generated meaning over an immense ocean of nothingness.

What we do only has meaning in the here and now. It will not remain in the next instant. Just do what you can for the present, and leave everything else to happen naturally. Work. Wash. Meditate. Eat. Study. Urinate. Sleep. Exercise. Talk. Listen. Touch. Die each night. Be born again each morning.

Hope you don't mind, I thought I'd take it upon myself to start posting each day from this wonderful book full of wisdom.

I hope there's something here for everyone, regardless of tradition or religious persuasion.

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Just last night this ("What we do only has meaning in the here and now") kept surfacing in my awareness. I also thought to myself that what people call Absolute Reality is right here, this very moment. Either we choose to be it, or we can choose to think about it. When contemplation is chosen, perhaps that which remains is a mere shadow of the Absolute Moment, which in its starkness, demands only attention, and nothing else... just to be attentive to the transition from one thought, one feeling, one word, and one action to the next. We deceive ourselves that we can actually perform two or more things at any one moment.

Blessings..

We deceive ourselves that we can actually perform two or more things at any one moment.

Blessings..

That is why the term "multi-tasking" has always been a contradiction in my mind.

To me it means we are screwing up more than one thing at a time.

Peace & Love!

That is why the term "multi-tasking" has always been a contradiction in my mind.

To me it means we are screwing up more than one thing at a time.

Peace & Love!

This is simply amazing MH!! Not sure if you read my mind, or i tuned in to your thoughts - just after i re-read what i wrote, and coming to the last bit, i wondered if i ought to edit the post to include the term 'multi-tasking', that we tend to believe in its possibility because it promotes a false sense of accomplishing more that we are capable - but before i could decide whether or not to proceed, there you are, with a prompt reply! How great is that?! :D

Cheers!

Edited by CowTao

How great is that?! :D

Cheers!

Yeah, sometimes we operate on the same frequency.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this