Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

Alex Kozma's new book and website

hi

Alex Kozma's new book 'Warrior Guards the Mountain - the internal martial traditions of China, Japan and South East Asia' will be published in a limited edition on 7th June.

375 pages, 227 X 153 large format, fully illustrated throughout, this book discusses the author's training with Dr. Serge Augier, as well as giving a clear and deep presentation of Dr. Augier's teachings of Ziranmen and the Daoist system as whole. With illustrations of Ziranmen forms, applications and neigong exercises, and translations of Wan Lai Sheng's famous 1929 book on martial arts, the reader is given a lucid explanation of this rare system.

The author then shares his training experiences and conversations with Grandmaster Cheong Cheng Leong of the Chuka Phoenix Eye Fist from Penang, and with Master He Jing Han of Baguaquan from Taiwan. There then follows interviews and experiences with a wide range of fighting art experts from across Asia and the west, including Master Paul Whitrod discussing the Chow Gar, Kalari and Thai weapons arts, Shihan Tanaka of traditional Japanese fighting and healing arts, Sifu Jerry Tan of Kuntao, Pendekar Steve Benitez and Laarni Benitez of Pentjak Silat, Pak Muhammad Ariffin of Chimande Silat, Guru Simon Das of Silat Sendeng, Kruu Pedro Villalobos of Muay Thai Sangha, Li Shrfu and Lindsey Wei of traditional Wudangshan boxing on White Horse Mountain, Wudang, John Evans Sensei of Yamabushi arts and Iaido/Battojutsu, Master Lu Yaoqin and Rudy Ibarra of Ziranmen, Gordon Lu discussing Song and Hebei Xingyiquan and Drdha Shivanath adept of the Way of the Bow and the inner arts of Indian Yoga.

To reserve a copy of this limited edition book please email Arjuna Das at

[email protected]

and see

www.bagua-retreats.com

for book price, postage costs , further details and sample pages.

wishing you good training

Arjuna Das and Line of Intent

Hey Santi, yes his a warrior....he speaks highly of you also!

sorry if i pissed you off on facebook over messing you around with kap (i said id do it then pulled out because of college commitments!)

will you still be in uk at the end of august or just for the kap course? he is doing a retreat end of august, if you still here, you should turn up!

peace

Ed

Has Alex, himself or anyone from any of his lineages developed any abilities as a result of their training?

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Yes they have, the ability to successfully defend themselves against attackers.

hope that helps

Ed

Yes they have, the ability to successfully defend themselves against attackers.

hope that helps

Ed

But nothing on the level of John Chang/Wang Li Ping right?

To be honest i've never asked Alex if he can do things like that John Chang.....not sure why one would want those type of powers other than to get attention.

peace

Ed

To be honest i've never asked Alex if he can do things like that John Chang.....not sure why one would want those type of powers other than to get attention.

peace

Ed

Well I consider it the hallmark of a functional system. I'm weird though, so don't mind me. :D

But nothing on the level of John Chang/Wang Li Ping right?

I've met Alex once before and had the pleasure to train with him back in 2005. He is a VERY good martial artist. A touch evasive at times, but very humble and not ego driven like a lot of teachers.

Old school internal training is his speciality, not immortality, new age, power seeking gubbins.

Has Alex, himself or anyone from any of his lineages developed any abilities as a result of their training?

Yes Alex is the real deal.

Hey Santi, yes his a warrior....he speaks highly of you also!

sorry if i pissed you off on facebook over messing you around with kap (i said id do it then pulled out because of college commitments!)

will you still be in uk at the end of august or just for the kap course? he is doing a retreat end of august, if you still here, you should turn up!

peace

Ed

Ed no worries I was never angry. God bless you and send my salams to Alex & Koze. Hope to see them all soon in July Godwilling.

Peace

Santi

Guru Simon Das of Silat Sendeng,

Hi, just wanted to clear up the confusion. Simon is no longer affilianted with Silat Sendeng, nor has he ever been a 'Guru' of the art, he was given UK rep status. I know this because I'm in communication with Guru Jamalluddin of Silat Sendeng's son.

I didn't do this out of maliciousness just didn't want people to get the wrong impression.

Anyway,

Badabye.

Edited by dudelove

Sign in to follow this