Sign in to follow this  
WhiteTiger

Recommended books to read

I just typed up a huge first post to start out this subject all about how important my list of top 5 books that I recommend for someone else to read. I made this post in the hopes of getting other peoples personal recommendations of books are in my personal opinion are a must read books.

I've been running out of books to read and wanted to know what good books in an generally pretty well worded and relatively easy to understand books would you recommend that I read. (if this subject starts to pick up with a few replies I may re-add my reviews of each book)

1. Seven Taoist Masters Translated by Eva Wong

Review: The book mixes up history with legend and a little explaination of Taoist practices. The explaination of Taoist practices are mostly principles purposes of the practice although I found the book extremely simple and easy to understand. It even goes so far as to describe that as a monk there are three different ways in which one can cultivate. Highest being meditation in a monastery, lowest would be cooking in the monastary. Although the story is talking about some supposidly difficulties that each one of the seven taoist masters encounter

2. Opening the Dragon Gate by Thomas Cleary

3. Revealing the Tao Te Ching Translated and Commentary by Hu Xuezhi

I own a few versions of Tao Te Ching but only know the pracitical application of a few of the chapters myself I may prefer the wording of other Tao Te Ching Chapters then in this book but the special thing about this book is the amount of commentary that allows one to really start you on the right track to get the significence and picture of the what it is saying.

4. A Complete Guide to Chi-Gung By Daniel Reid

basically a general guide all about Chi-Gung but it is pretty damn comprehensive.

5. Between Heaven and Earth: A Guide to Chinese Medicine

A great easy to read understand book because of the great length it goes to elaborate what it is talking about.

Edited by WhiteTiger

1) Pretty much any of B.K. Frantzis' books. Great mix of philosophy and practices- let's you "connect the dots" between what it says in something like the Tao Te Ching, how you can implement that in your practice, in your life, pretty much anything.

2) Qi Dao - Tibetan Shamanic Qigong. Simple and straightforward book. Practices might be too simple for anyone who's been into qigong for a long time, but I thought that the philosophical parts talked about in that book really clicked for me. I also do a lot of dream work, and liked how he talked about dreams. The entire book is available to view on google, thanks to the author very much for that, but I did purchase my own copy because I liked it so much :)

Books I am in the process of reading but are great so far:

2) Qigong for Total Wellness, by Dr. Baolin Wu.

4) A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing, by Michael Lomax.

Again, haven't completed either of these two, but they are excellent so far and I can't wait to get through the rest of them.

4. A Complete Guide to Chi-Gung By Daniel Reid

basically a general guide all about Chi-Gung but it is pretty damn comprehensive.

Liked it as well, great info regarding body mechanics pertaining to elimination.

Smashes a lot of western training methodology, (parental damage) a lot of stuff we intuitively figure out on the path(short).

Grazie,

Roberto

These saved me many years of going thru the weeds regarding cultural and commercial nuts and bolts, it is what it is.

Honest, true, fact, zero bullshit, no opinions, brutal,... period.

1.The Real Frank Zappa Book - You know who

2. Smile You're traveling - Henry Rollins

3. Crazy From The Heat - David Lee Roth

4. When The Drummers Were Women - Layne Redmond

5. The Music of India - Reginald & Jamila Massey

"Honestly... A book you read once...let you think in rhymes,

the old extreme... sits dead and molds...now for the millionth time...." - Helmet - Wilmas rainbow BETTY

usual suspects...Pathnotes, Taoist Yoga And Sexual Energy, Energy Medicine, Hands of Light, Essential Anatomy For Healing & Martial arts

My first... Zen in the Martial Arts, The Book of Secrets, He Il Cho's book. All 1981 (16 y.o.)

Happy trails,

Bobby

There are some interesting books listed here and the library has many of them. I will check them out.

Thanks guys

David

Sign in to follow this