Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy

Anyway, thanks Marblehead. This collection was what I needed to read today and I thought I'd say so. :)

And I thank you for the very insightful comments.

Peace & Love!

Hello Marblehead,

The chapter you are referring to is 59, not actually 46. I thought perhaps you were writing a book and this is Chapter 46 of that book, you might want to clarify which chapter you're referring to and which translation so it's easier for people to understand what's being talked about.

In response to your comments, I've seen this translated as frugality and not sparing, which changes the meaning completely. Sparing means you're holding back what you spend, frugality means your think before you spend and only spend on what you need to. I think Lao Tzu is advocating the latter.

I'm not sure if I can appreciate the text that follows Chapter 59 of the ttc, it seems a bit abstract, but perhaps it's because of the translation.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Yes, it is my Chapter 46 of my compilation of Taoist Philosophy.

What I am presenting is just another way to look at the writings of Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu.

And I agree that different translators translate the original Chinese in many different ways.

What I am presenting is just another way to look at it.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this