NeiChuan

Suppos-ed Economic Collapse.

I don't know, in my opinion, it's still a naive notion that enclaves could survive for long under total societal breakdown. Would I want to still be alive in a Mad Max world? No, if it was a continuing existence where there was no real cooperation and sharing, but rather survival mentality. Kill any who come to get you or your stuff. I would also consider that there are many, many, many weak and unprotected and incapable embers of society who would not make it.

It depends on how bad it really is. I can foresee an extreme economic meltdown globally where all may suffer, if so, there may be a spirit of cooperation rather than lawlessness.

Reality in the last several years has really begun to wobble. It's really insane in the world right now, civilization is operating out of sheer momentum and force of habit, but the fatal cracks are already there. Every major institution in the world is in crisis and is breaking down. The measure of the enormous problems we face appear to insurmountable as the clock ticks while we polarize and can't even productively discuss options, and effective solutions are blocked--at least for now. Another big psychic shock like 9-11 might create a brief window of cooperation. But I really feel like it's already over, and nobody realizes it yet. If global warming/climate change is true, we sit on our hands as big business and money interests continue business-as-usual. If it's not true, we still are dealing with increasingly scarce resources with an exponential population growth and we will not be able to meaningfully feed our populations.

I'm 48, and I can't imagine what the next 35 or so years will bring. IO have the heavy intuition that the planet is calling for a big purging.

Sorry, Sloppy.Your grandparents would not be safe if things really hit the fan. Maybe for a few months, but not longer. If we have a softer landing, then maybe. But there's an awful lot of capable people out there who could easily take away what they have when they're found out.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I think you should all check "Collapse", even if the guy is a little out there, every thing he speaks sounds true and will happen eventually, that's a fact. Oil will run out sooner or later and our civilization is not prepared. It's terrifying and we can only hope that we have time to find a new system before all hell breaks loose.

I don't think the transition will be peaceful and quiet...

Anyway I'd like to hear your takes on the matter. I understand news stations would love to make people worried about whatever is coming, but no-one knows if it'll be held off for another 5 years.

I always knew that a Fire Age is approaching but after listening to Joel Signeur on his page (chineseshamanism.com) things got clearer. I didn't know that we were immersed in a Wood era, but I feel it is ending and that will require Water energy (spirituality) in order to allow Earth to regenerate itself. It is a cycle that cannot be changed and part of the 5 Elements, generating and controlling cycles as a result of yin and yang cyclic patterns.

The current economic model will end since metal controls the Wood element and Fire controls Metal itself. :D

All I can say is:

Welcome to the Fire age!

I don't know, in my opinion, it's still a naive notion that enclaves could survive for long under total societal breakdown. Would I want to still be alive in a Mad Max world? No, if it was a continuing existence where there was no real cooperation and sharing, but rather survival mentality. Kill any who come to get you or your stuff. I would also consider that there are many, many, many weak and unprotected and incapable embers of society who would not make it.

It depends on how bad it really is. I can foresee an extreme economic meltdown globally where all may suffer, if so, there may be a spirit of cooperation rather than lawlessness.

Reality in the last several years has really begun to wobble. It's really insane in the world right now, civilization is operating out of sheer momentum and force of habit, but the fatal cracks are already there. Every major institution in the world is in crisis and is breaking down. The measure of the enormous problems we face appear to insurmountable as the clock ticks while we polarize and can't even productively discuss options, and effective solutions are blocked--at least for now. Another big psychic shock like 9-11 might create a brief window of cooperation. But I really feel like it's already over, and nobody realizes it yet. If global warming/climate change is true, we sit on our hands as big business and money interests continue business-as-usual. If it's not true, we still are dealing with increasingly scarce resources with an exponential population growth and we will not be able to meaningfully feed our populations.

I'm 48, and I can't imagine what the next 35 or so years will bring. IO have the heavy intuition that the planet is calling for a big purging.

Sorry, Sloppy.Your grandparents would not be safe if things really hit the fan. Maybe for a few months, but not longer. If we have a softer landing, then maybe. But there's an awful lot of capable people out there who could easily take away what they have when they're found out.

So do you have any solutions?

Or is the only non-naive answer to just say "ah, we're all screwed anyway" and just sit and wait for it to happen?

I have some corporate contacts who want to pool money to start building a private army, so when the shit hits the fan we can establish a military dictatorship and steal all the food from the little people hiding in their holes. Like my grandparents. I never really got along with them anyway. They too shall fall to my corporate-dirty-money funded army!

I always knew that a Fire Age is approaching but after listening to Joel Signeur on his page (chineseshamanism.com) things got clearer. I didn't know that we were immersed in a Wood era, but I feel it is ending and that will require Water energy (spirituality) in order to allow Earth to regenerate itself. It is a cycle that cannot be changed and part of the 5 Elements, generating and controlling cycles as a result of yin and yang cyclic patterns.

The current economic model will end since metal controls the Wood element and Fire controls Metal itself. :D

All I can say is:

Welcome to the Fire age!

Yeah I'm starting to apply some of that stuff to what's going on in the world too :lol:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

All I can say is:

Welcome to the Fire age!

Well, there will be massive die-off likely, and we each think we'll be among the 'lucky' ones. No, I don't have any solutions as long as humanity remains increasingly insane, no cooperation or solutions are possible. Organize a world-wide "Kumbaya' session? Naw, I think this is humanity's fate, and you might as well lay up some nice pills to take when it turns to shite here, and then ascend (or descend) into the next level. , for one. don't care to stick around if it's people preying upon each other for survival. Blasto might have some solutions for self-preservations, but for humanity? Ferget it. (Sorry to be so down about this, but I feel this approaching amnd it scares me to death.)

Well, there will be massive die-off likely, and we each think we'll be among the 'lucky' ones. No, I don't have any solutions as long as humanity remains increasingly insane, no cooperation or solutions are possible. Organize a world-wide "Kumbaya' session? Naw, I think this is humanity's fate, and you might as well lay up some nice pills to take when it turns to shite here, and then ascend (or descend) into the next level. , for one. don't care to stick around if it's people preying upon each other for survival. Blasto might have some solutions for self-preservations, but for humanity? Ferget it. (Sorry to be so down about this, but I feel this approaching amnd it scares me to death.)

Well thanks for being honest about it.

I don't know what to feel about the future. On the one hand, it seems like the world is heading for oblivion. People are preying upon each other NOW, it's just veiled in bureaucracy and social norms. Maybe it will become more blatant?

Then again, in every era people thought society was going to crumble. Maybe to a certain extent it did. But isn't that the cycle? Birth, maturation, decay, death, birth, maturation, decay, death.

Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who survive the "cleansing" process. Maybe I won't be. Hopefully I'll be fine with that. Maybe I say that now but when the time comes I'll be scared shitless. I guess that's why you gotta get your life in order and be satisfied with every single day that you live. Because you might not survive one more day, so you should be at peace with yourself all the time.

So... yeah. That's all I got.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I think most of us here (each of us with their own spiritual background) will survive with less goods, with just enough food and shelter to get by. Lack of material possesions and luxuries won't drive us crazy or make us loose our mind by any means.

However, the problem is what happens if the world eventually becomes a dog eat dog scenario, where people come after you and your family, and food and shelter become the more precious things? That would be a terrible scenario and a test of our own morality and cultivation. What should we do? defend our family and friends, killing other men? Kill to get food and shelter if you don't have them? Die trying? Kill ourselves because we don't want to be part of that world?

Clearly a very sad situation and no easy answers...

Yeah. All economic problems exist because some people stole too much money, and they keep stealing. Parasites in the economy - produce nothing, get money from the air. And this process of stealing was approved by the governments.

Well, there will be massive die-off likely, and we each think we'll be among the 'lucky' ones.

I don't think that there will be a collapse unless we will face big ecological problems in the same time with economical crisis.

Like one my friend says: I don't believe people who preach the apocalypse, but someone among them one day will be right.

There probably is going to be a big crisis. Problem is that there's always been a big crisis. On one side of reality or another, there's been looming dangers, probably since the dawn of time. But the crisis is within. Everything that happens is also profoundly peaceful.

When I was a student I used to hike up in the mountains nearby my university and go to sleep in the forest.

As I woke up, and looked out over the landscape, the city was hidden beneath the mountains and valleys, and I could only see the peaks in the horizon. It was as if there was no civilization, I was the last person on earth.

h

If global warming/climate change is true, we sit on our hands as big business and money interests continue business-as-usual. If it's not true, we still are dealing with increasingly scarce resources with an exponential population growth and we will not be able to meaningfully feed our populations.

I dont know of very many people who would argue that the climate isnt changing (and constantly so!) If anything, the whole AGW-scam has quite negatively impacted many economies, producing a job for every 2.2ish it takes away, and heavily subsidized at that - so its double, triple the loss.

The exponential population argument has been used a thousand time before and has been proven wrong a thousand times before. Like Oleg said, it would take severe economic followed by severe ecological disasters in order to produce that effect. Of course not completely outside of the realm of possibility, but in reality, remote.

Its about time someone posted something.

The collapse is rigged through Wall Street and higher end, elite banks/groups. It was not the public's fault.

The NIA recently put out a warning on Youtube and other publications about hyper inflation. Its called meltup.

Long, but explains a lot.

Mostly these larger banking companies are taking out insurance on their stock dropping. Hyper inflating the amount of shares they say are in transit between hands, which consequently downgrades the actual stock. Then as it plummets, they reap rewards through put options, insurance, and bailouts. Naked short selling.

Its a rigged scam and they are bleeding the assets out of the government and the people.

Joe schmoe on the block did not accrue so much debt that it broke the system. It's government spending, pure and simple. That's why the TEA parties are rising, because they want the checkbook back from the FED, and into the hands of congress where it should be. The FED is a private institution that is holding the money hostage and setting policy based on their agenda, not the Congressional will.

Now whether or not this implodes the whole system is yet to be determined. They employment checks are just about running out, what are the 29 million unemployed to do? Barter? They can't get a job at McDonald's even.

Its never before been this bad, not even in the great depression.

If they start raiding the 401K's and other pensions in the US, the population will get angry. And rightfully so.

Where we go from there, is up to the people...

..However, the problem is what happens if the world eventually becomes a dog eat dog scenario, where people come after you and your family, and food and shelter become the more precious things? That would be a terrible scenario and a test of our own morality and cultivation. What should we do? defend our family and friends, killing other men? Kill to get food and shelter if you don't have them? Die trying? Kill ourselves because we don't want to be part of that world?

Clearly a very sad situation and no easy answers...

Spiritual people will leave the social world behind (aside from the ones that have already left). A good friend of mine, a Western Theravadin monk that currently lives in a Thai wat made that decision two years ago after forseeing the future in a vision he had. He once told me: "Gerard, learn how to live with the bare essentials because the structured life as we see it today will come to an end in the near future."

I am ready for it as well and fear nothing, and so you should if you are truly spiritual. :)

Spiritual people will leave the social world behind (aside from the ones that have already left). A good friend of mine, a Western Theravadin monk that currently lives in a Thai wat made that decision two years ago after forseeing the future in a vision he had. He once told me: "Gerard, learn how to live with the bare essentials because the structured life as we see it today will come to an end in the near future."

I am ready for it as well and fear nothing, and so you should if you are truly spiritual. :)

Well, even if you're ready for it, it will be tremendously difficult. The question comes down to this: will the spirit of humanity rise up in cooperation in the manifestation of the upper chakras of transcendence, or will it destroy itself by remaining in the lower chakras of survival at all costs? There may be a geographical variability, so where you live at the time of crisis may be the most important factor of all...

My cousin sent me this recently... It's long but you won't need to watch the whole thing to get the picture. The point is that there will be a big crash soon in the Dollar once hyper inflation kicks in unless the Fed Reserve raises interest prices like crazy. Either way things aren't looking good for the future. Anyone want to build a spaceship?

I remember this guy when I was a kid. Is he now about to be right?20050416-countdown.jpg

Yes Mikaelz, after the events of the last several years, I can see that it would not be too hard for thios scenario to unfold. Compound that with some other environmental or terrorist catastrophe, and bingo, end of life as we know it. It blows my mind that there are people out there still making babies and rejoicing at the arrival of another life on this troubled earth. I sensed this shit coming when I was a teen-ager and back then I decided that I could never ingood conscience bring children into the world that is this fucked up.

Spaceship? Sure!!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

The question becomes:

If people are inherently a shard of the creator, and are endowed with the creative capability.

Will the unconscious creators overpower the conscious projectors?

And this falls in the same category as the lower chakras of fear, substance and material vibrations winning over the higher centers.

Its a time like we have never seen before, and we are lucky to be in body to view it. No matter which way it will turn...

Spaceship? Sure!!

I'm serious. Who will help me build?

There will be plenty of room. and we'll have a holodeck with life-like natural environments and Qi emitters to create a perfect setting for meditation.

Just need to figure out the issue of energy consumption and traveling beyond light speed. But srsly.. i'm totally down to explore the multiverse..