Sign in to follow this  
lifeforce

Leaving

This will be my last post.

For me, this forum has served it's purpose.

The knowledge and wisdom I have gained here has made me the person I am today, and for that I am truly grateful.

I have tried many systems, techniques, religions, belief systems etc etc, and been down many side roads and dead ends. But all that has culminated in my discovery of Original Mind.

I have no need for more information anymore, however good it is. All 'systems' have dropped away leaving only pure essence.

The catalyst for my 'awakening' was 'The Secret Of The Golden Flower' by Thomas Cleary.

Without this forum I wouldn't have found it.

Thank you to all the Tao Bums.

Goodbye.

bye bye, best wishes

Don't forget to say hi when you drop by for a lurking around. :ninja::lol:

Edited by That Guy

Hi Lifeforce.

Happy journey!

May the Force be with you. (I just had to say that. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

The knowledge and wisdom I have gained here has made me the person I am today, and for that I am truly grateful.

I have tried many systems, techniques, religions, belief systems etc etc, and been down many side roads and dead ends. But all that has culminated in my discovery of Original Mind.

I have no need for more information anymore, however good it is. All 'systems' have dropped away leaving only pure essence.

The catalyst for my 'awakening' was 'The Secret Of The Golden Flower' by Thomas Cleary.

Goodbye.

Congratulations! Can I buy your copy of Xing Yi Health Maintenance?

That's a success story! :)

Thanks for sharing the way on the Way.

- Trunk

What? You are enlightened so you dont click on this forum anymore? Whatever.

Lol That's a disrespectful way to look at it.

He's just saying he's learned what hes ought to learn from thetaobums.com, is that so much that you have to go and insult him?

Guest paul walter

Interesting (predicatable) that so many doubt your atttainment. If there were posts like what has been written here by lifeforce every week i'd almost have faith that TTB was a genuine place for those seeking help on the way....

Have fun. :D

The positive responses on this thread are oddly indicative of those whose words I mentally give weight. :P

Interesting (predicatable) that so many doubt your atttainment. If there were posts like what has been written here by lifeforce every week i'd almost have faith that TTB was a genuine place for those seeking help on the way....

My personal take on it is that if he really was enlightened he

would have said something else, other than: I don't need information

anymore, bye!

Seriously, there's a long road even after the first

glimpse of enlightenment, and the work doesn't

stop there right at the beginning of it. SO yeah I expect he's

still going to experience "impermanence" as someone suggested.

I still want to buy his book though.

Edited by tyler zambori

Of course he's allowed to say he's enlightened. Nothing wrong with that. Also very cool that this place actually does something for people. If we've got a fast track, it might just be here via the confrontations and discussions and insights we share. Lotus in the mud and all that stuff;-)

Best wishes Lifeforce!

Well, I ordered the Cleary translation of the Secret of the Golden flower the day before lifeforce started this thread.

Hopefully, I can benefit from the method as well.

Of course he's allowed to say he's enlightened. Nothing wrong with that. Also very cool that this place actually does something for people. If we've got a fast track, it might just be here via the confrontations and discussions and insights we share. Lotus in the mud and all that stuff;-)

Best wishes Lifeforce!

Of course he's allowed to say he's enlightened, I didn't say anything against that.

And I agree with everything else you said. I just don't think that somebody who just

started to get enlightened doesn't need to learn anything any more. There's a real

precedent for my way of thinking in the literature, I must say.

I'm enlightened ;)

Hes probably read all you guys wrote so far, he just said he was leaving so he doesnt want to break that :lol: I sense his energy in the forum, he is not yet gone Om~ :lol:

Goodbye.

As one journey ends, another begins, neverending.

Enjoy your now, but keep your eyes open.

It is not about a discovery.

More like a rebirth.

New Awakenings

into Forever.

into Now.

C U soon.

I'm enlightened ;)

Hes probably read all you guys wrote so far, he just said he was leaving so he doesnt want to break that :lol: I sense his energy in the forum, he is not yet gone Om~ :lol:

lol =P

Guest paul walter

My personal take on it is that if he really was enlightened he

would have said something else, other than: I don't need information

anymore, bye!

Seriously, there's a long road even after the first

glimpse of enlightenment, and the work doesn't

stop there right at the beginning of it. SO yeah I expect he's

still going to experience "impermanence" as someone suggested.

I still want to buy his book though.

I think he's not claiming as much as you say. I respect his decision, whatever he has reached is between him and him. I don't think hanging around on the internet is good for ones spiritual growth. Paul

I don't think hanging around on the internet is good for ones spiritual growth. Paul

I had to laugh at that.

You may be right, I don't know.

Peace & Love!

I had to laugh at that.

You may be right, I don't know.

Peace & Love!

Depends where you go and what you do, just like in real life.

And the user count right now(as i type) says theres me looking at this thread and a guest, wonder who it could be? Om~ :lol:

From my reading of it he isn't saying he's enlightened (he actually uses 'awakened', which i think is a very different claim, as in one can be awakened to the path to enlightenment), or in reference to the thread he links to, he 'has access to the original mind', quite different to being the original mind. Semantics perhaps, but noteworthy. He really says just that he doesn't need any information any more - he has access to a source beyond that, time to cultivate, to dig a deeply into the practice that has taken him this far, rather than widely into practices.

I admire that, envy possibly, my mind often feels like a zombie filing cabinet/bookshelf relentlessly and mindlessly trying to consume as much information as possible.

Anyway, hooray, TB = X+1, ignorance = Y-1, where X and Y may or may not have anything to do with each other, but if they did may be something like X=[Tai Chi (the symbol)]=Y

Or something like that.

Sign in to follow this