Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

How to Work towards Lotus Position?

I've never been able to get into Lotus position, however, recently i've began wanting to beable to perform this position.

-Can anyone show me any stretches that i can practice daily and will help me work my way towards Full Lotus position?

I've never been able to get into Lotus position, however, recently i've began wanting to beable to perform this position.

-Can anyone show me any stretches that i can practice daily and will help me work my way towards Full Lotus position?

Try out with the half lotus first for a while. When you're comfortable with half-lotus, try full-lotus.

A good substitute for Full Lotus is the Adept's posture (or Siddhasana)...where you will basically sit cross-legged but one leg's heel will push against your perinium.

Wikipedia is your friend, as this link can be found there:

http://zenmontpellier.site.voila.fr/eng/lotus/lotuseng.html

All of those stretches helped me.

Also, something very important, and that's to bend the legs from the kwa, otherwise known as the Bilateral Inguinal Creases of the groin region :P

But basically, if it is putting stress on your knee, STOP DOING IT. For the longest time I thought it was about knee flexibility and haven't it bend, but it ISN'T. Once I realized I should be focusing on the kwa region, the very next day I got into it quite easily (albeit a little bit poorly....) After that it's about building up your ability to hold it.

• Like 1

Wikipedia is your friend, as this link can be found there:

http://zenmontpellier.site.voila.fr/eng/lotus/lotuseng.html

All of those stretches helped me.

Also, something very important, and that's to bend the legs from the kwa, otherwise known as the Bilateral Inguinal Creases of the groin region :P

But basically, if it is putting stress on your knee, STOP DOING IT. For the longest time I thought it was about knee flexibility and haven't it bend, but it ISN'T. Once I realized I should be focusing on the kwa region, the very next day I got into it quite easily (albeit a little bit poorly....) After that it's about building up your ability to hold it.

This is just what i wanted. Thanks a bunch.

Sign in to follow this