voidisyinyang

Ji Xing Li Qigong Master

:lol: As often happens not sure why 'The Devil Rides Out' has popped up with you. Saw it years ago--terrible movie, Christopher Lee was very good from memory...

Hmm yes i agree the movie was rather disappointing. The book was much more interesting. Duke deRichleau was one of my childhood heroes. After reading this novel i became an instant fan of Dennis Wheatley and went on to collect a number of his other works. I think i must have been 12 or 13 then. I still remember the Latin magical invocation he used to dispel the demons with - 'fundamenta ejus in montibus sanctis'... wonder if it really means something or is it really effective? Drew might want to give it a try perhaps?

Hmm yes i agree the movie was rather disappointing. The book was much more interesting. Duke deRichleau was one of my childhood heroes. After reading this novel i became an instant fan of Dennis Wheatley and went on to collect a number of his other works. I think i must have been 12 or 13 then. I still remember the Latin magical invocation he used to dispel the demons with - 'fundamenta ejus in montibus sanctis'... wonder if it really means something or is it really effective? Drew might want to give it a try perhaps?

I took Latin. Drusus Maximus at your service.

The Devils Rides Out was a great movie ... in my day those were cutting edge special effects - with the big spider etc. ( the book is good too) ... who needs acting when you have pentacles on the floor?

The Devils Rides Out was a great movie ... in my day those were cutting edge special effects - with the big spider etc. ( the book is good too) ... who needs acting when you have pentacles on the floor?

Exactly -- and then they danced to this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWITSzPpNSc&feature=player_embedded#at=201

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO7QKqDJeSc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpI6baI3ztk&feature=player_embedded

I took Latin. Drusus Maximus at your service.

Cool! :) So does the invocation mean something, Drusus Maximus? I am rather curious.

Cool! :) So does the invocation mean something, Drusus Maximus? I am rather curious.

You can just type it into a translator program.

It means He is fundamentally purified by a mountain.

Something like that. haha.

As for incantations -- they usually are pointless which is why the Western "magick" scene is just rehashed Christian priest mumbo-jumbo.

For an incantation to work you need either to tap into a living master's name -- or else a lineage of a charged site -- so in other words it's like creating a tulpa. If enough people focus on any word then it becomes charged and this lineage of charged practice can be carried on. Finally the vowels are crucial for activating the lower chakras.

So the phrase "Om Mani Padme Hum" aka "OHm Mani Badme Hung" -- it uses the archetypal vowel sounds with the father/mother consonants.

You can just type it into a translator program.

It means He is fundamentally purified by a mountain.

Something like that. haha.

As for incantations -- they usually are pointless which is why the Western "magick" scene is just rehashed Christian priest mumbo-jumbo.

For an incantation to work you need either to tap into a living master's name -- or else a lineage of a charged site -- so in other words it's like creating a tulpa. If enough people focus on any word then it becomes charged and this lineage of charged practice can be carried on. Finally the vowels are crucial for activating the lower chakras.

So the phrase "Om Mani Padme Hum" aka "OHm Mani Badme Hung" -- it uses the archetypal vowel sounds with the father/mother consonants.

Cheers for that! I always knew someday this incantation would be made clear - who would have thought you'd be the source of clarification eh? hehe... Could have fished it out over the translator i know, but its less fun somehow.. all things come to those who wait, right?

As for the mantra, i think you may have left out the significance of the seed syllable 'Hrih' (for this particular one) - tell us more about this?

Sorry for diverting from topic though...

Cheers for that! I always knew someday this incantation would be made clear - who would have thought you'd be the source of clarification eh? hehe... Could have fished it out over the translator i know, but its less fun somehow.. all things come to those who wait, right?

As for the mantra, i think you may have left out the significance of the seed syllable 'Hrih' (for this particular one) - tell us more about this?

Sorry for diverting from topic though...

I would say it's like Omkara -- which is what you hear when the heart chakra opens up in a full kundalini awakening. The universe listens to us -- not the other way around. So the sound turns into electromagnetic energy out of the heart -- and in science this is called ultrasound cavitation. It's all interconnected:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-801295652963174509#