3bob

Has a higher power ever saved your butt?

It has mine... and at many key times that I know of and remember, while only God knows how many other times that I don't know of or remember.

Deep thanks to You, higher powers!

Om

Factorially!

Those who have seen my posts know I'm no stranger to pain.

I've had to jump ship on a lot of friends & family due to nasty habits

This too shall pass Take what you like and leave the rest

saw this on a post yesterday and it took me back to some earlier roots (Bill & Bob)

Peace,

Robert

A fine and wise multi-purpose saying, "this to shall pass" !

Thanks Robert

I once went to jump off, out the back door of a tram without looking to see if the cars had stopped. In fact they hadn't, and 1 large thing was flying on through regardless of possible emerging passengers.

So basicly with one foot on the top step I carelessly jumped forward, and as this happened, a 'force unknown' pushed me back from mid air into the tram and the car rushed past.

It felt like a palm to the chest.

I have no idea what to give credit to -But Thanks!- and I am very happy that Natural Selection failed on that day :lol:

Never. I don't believe in such forces. These are all self made.

Well at least not for me there wouldn't be any higher power.

Never. I don't believe in such forces. These are all self made.

Well at least not for me there wouldn't be any higher power.

Ah yes, this is common =). You say these words because you do not WANT there to be a higher power, you refuse to believe it, because YOU want to be the highest power there is, you want nothing higher than you =) this is your big ego speaking; you are far far from spiritual accomplishment, please begin real practice soon :)

Until then you live alone in the dark, sad sad sad.

Ah yes, this is common =). You say these words because you do not WANT there to be a higher power, you refuse to believe it, because YOU want to be the highest power there is, you want nothing higher than you =) this is your big ego speaking; you are far far from spiritual accomplishment, please begin real practice soon :)

Fizix,

Non ended his reply with, "Well at least not for me there wouldn't be any higher power" and imo that is a fair (non-aggresive) assertion from him - without anyone going off on him, thus I suggest and ask for not pointing the finger at people with a "YOU" are this or that. (at least in this string please)

Om

Edited by 3bob

Flight back to the states from Iraq, first tour, long ass flight. I was freezing my ass off and didn't have cold weather gear. 'She' did long distance tummo or something like that to keep me warm from the inside, and something like what Drew mentions with the long distance orgasaming.

Thank god for women with the knowledge and 'juice'.

- Much love, James

Fizix,

Non ended his reply with, "Well at least not for me there wouldn't be any higher power" and imo that is a fair (non-aggresive) assertion from him - without anyone going off on him, thus I suggest and ask for not pointing the finger at people with a "YOU" are this or that. (at least in this string please)

Om

This reminds me of what a Zen master said - That within each of us lies Big Mind and Small Mind. I just want to add that right smack in the middle lies the word, 'Choice'. All the good and right things which we often know about comes from the big 'un. Its almost instinctual. For example, when there is hunger, the good and right thing to do is to eat. Some, however do not listen, and the short-(energy depletion), middle-(gastritis) and long-term(ulcers) effects are immediately put in play. By making the right choices, often we can create the causes for promoting the possibilities for Higher Power to manifest either immediately, in the near future, or at some point in the distant future.

That which we know, but choose to ignore, comes from the small 'un. Not much need be said about this. However, if one believes there is a Higher Power (faith not required - just common sense, most times), and chooses to see it manifest in 'mysterious' ways in daily life by being mindfully aware, i suppose often one will. Conversely, if the belief is absent, or negated, or shunned for that matter, then the choice made to prevent/ignore any sort of manifestation will naturally align itself.

Asleep or awake - a matter of choosing wisely...

Thanks Bob!

Edited by CowTao

Does Luck exist? Or any good fortune is somehow guided to you by a higher power with the intent of your benefit?

Does bad luck exist? Or bad fortune is somehow guided to you by a higher power with the intent of your harm?

Or is it all just random?

I'm thankful that the higher power/s didn't hold back in helping a skeptical person like me.

Awesome!

I remember my first spiritual experiences really shocking me!! I would walk out of meditation staggering and melting into total love and compassion, or whatever you want to call it, blissful knowledge experienced directly that the 5 senses miss due to the slow density that they occupy? Anyway... there is definitely deeper to go than the 5 senses fool us into thinking is "real". Oh yeah... there are most definitely spirit guides wondering around from... dah, dah, dun! "Other Dimensions!!"

Welcome to the meditation zone!

I have no idea what to give credit to -But Thanks!- and I am very happy that Natural Selection failed on that day :lol:

Yes, a manifestation of connection due to merit. Many times these beings try such things, but due to mis-congruency in vibration, the attempt just passes right through the persons body and the circumstance you experienced due to your level of vibration, doesn't happen.

That's acutally not quite right. If I do this unconsciously then so be it but I state right now that I would like a higher power to help me.. but I don't want to be dependent on something external at the same time..

Now, that's I guess as regards saving 'my butt'. But I've been able to heal others with my chi and reiki, so... I know there's energy.

It has mine... and at many key times that I know of and remember, while only God knows how many other times that I don't know of or remember.

Deep thanks to You, higher powers!

Om

If it hasn't, it will shortly.

Yes, i fell in front of a rotavator (ploughing machine) and suddenly i just started spining out of harms way for at least 5 metres.

Was about 3 years ago now..i'll never forget it! THANKYOU GOD!!

Ed

agreed.. sad place to be. personally i would be terrified to know or even think my paltry intellect was the be all/end all of the conciouness of the universe. im pretty sure i didnt created the universe in my present incarnation.. being apart of the Tao has provided literally infinite comfort, succor, solace and serenity. i wonder why even visit a site like this if you have your mind closed and already made up?

That's acutally not quite right. If I do this unconsciously then so be it but I state right now that I would like a higher power to help me.. but I don't want to be dependent on something external at the same time..

internal/external, dependant/independant, Tao/non-Tao (mundane) are these distinctions you are really qualified to make?