Non

Sprouts...

I love sprouts. I think they're like, perhaps the ultimate food. Especially as a source of vegan protein. Mung beans, high in protein the second highest in protein next to soy.

Excellent food - lentils are tasty...

Yea! And the best thing about it is, No gas! And it takes a lot to fill you up.. for some reason. So you can eat a lot of it and you dont feel as full as if you had eaten those sprouts cooked.

Over here they sell what they call "snack sprouts". They come in little boxes, and they are just bunches of different kinds of beans which are sprouted. But of course the sprouts I'm talking about are not the full tailed sprouts, but the ones with very small tails. I think those are best for protein because if they get too big then you wont be getting so much protein obviously, and you'll have to eat a lot. A mix of red and green/brown lentils, with snowpeas, mung beans, adzuki beans.

Or you can omit the snowpeas because they can taste a little strong by themselves but if you eat the whole mix by the handful they compliment it very nicely.

For some reason you don't find much information on "snack sprouts" on the internet. Must be a somewhat new thing. Plus the company that sells them are based here in Miami so I guess they only sell to local grocery chains.

Snack Sprouts

Edited by Non

Guest paul walter

I love sprouts. I think they're like, perhaps the ultimate food. Especially as a source of vegan protein. Mung beans, high in protein the second highest in protein next to soy.

Yeah, sprouts--one of the great foods.

This is a bit that I discovered from pre Sung Dynasty history in China - it will keep you healthy when others don't. In the Sung Dynasty of China, there was a epidemic that was cured by boiling all water and food. -So this process was lost untill recently.

Using Mung Beans

Making a juice extract by sprouting (1/4 to 1/2 of a cup) of the seeds so that they have a root emerging no more than 1/8 inch. It takes about 24 hours to sprout the seeds in the summer.

The process:

I cover them in tap water for about 4 hours & then pour the water away, let them dry for a few hours & cover them with tap water again and repeat the process untill they sprout a root emerging no more than 1/8 inch.

Then put them in a blender with about 3 times as much cold distilled water as seeds.

Blend them with the cold water so that the seeds become like a powder.

Strain the blended seeds & water through a stainless steel wire type filtering seive that you can find at grocery stores & drink the juice while it is fresh.

Throw away the grounds.

To build up your enzyme bank in your pancreas, you will need to do this every 2 or 3 days for a month or 2. Then about once a week. Even if I begin feeling a little sick, if I drink the juice, the illness does not develop.

I keep some of the semi sprouted beans in the refridgerator most of the time & snack on them - but the juice extract is what really works. Be careful eating the beans like a salad as an unsprouted bean can break a tooth...

The juice also acts as a catalyst for the endocrine system to bring hormones into balance.

Read more on the process at these websites:

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/enzymes.html

and

http://www.picosearch.com/cgi-bin/ts.pl

and

http://www.living-foods.com/index.shtml