RiverSnake

My Third Eye was going Crazy

Was walking around the parking lot at work picking up carts and i try to meditate everywhere i go so i was naturally i a relaxed state with my mind clear going about my buisiness.

-However, soon my third eye began to slightly vibrate (this has happened before so i didn't pay much attention).

-But as i continued to talk around the parking lot the vibrations kept getting more and more intense and really started to bother me and make me uncomfortable.

-I first tried meditating on my lower Chakras which didn't help, then i tried using EFT which helped a little bit.

-However, i finally just gave reiki too my forehead which calmed down the vibrations and and they eventually dissipated.

-I'm not sure why m third eye decided to go crazy but i would like anyone who has experience in this to give me feedback.

-At first i thought might be over-stimulating one chakra but i wasn't paying attention to any part of my body in particular. This happened spontaneosly.

-Advice is welcome.

Assuming that your experience is authentic and brushing aside any skepticism, you would most likely benefit from the exercises performed after chi kung practice that bring the energy back down to your lower dantien.

"The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing" by Dan Reid has a great section on these exercises. They are physical exercises as opposed to simple mind direction practices.

I may have had similar experiences - it's impossible to tell - but I can play Pong! between my temples at will. I always find it pleasant, but I have to bring it down. The sensation of descending the energy through the "Golden Bridge" and down through the "Multistoried Tower" of the windpipe is elaborated in great detail by Reid (he's actually quoting a T. Cleary translation). I found it really helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Chinese-Health-Healing/dp/1570620717

"brushing aside any skepticism" I'm not sure if you meant that following what I asked Blasto but I actually DO want to know how someone knows it's their third eye.

I get between eyebrow throbs with practice all the time and it's purely muscular.

Otherwise, great advice.

-It's funny that you mention Chi Kung because this was about an hour after i finsished my session.

-I assumed it was my third eye because the tension was occuring where my third eye is suppose to be. Maybe i'm mistaken, either way its pretty irritating.

-Thanks for the book reccomendation.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

Summer 95' working out... Lots of B vitamins flashes of greenish lightning energy in the periphery...

...long story short kept it to myself until the headache (and puking) hit so bad I found an e.r. (thanks for the $600.00 tylenol)

I was given two liters of I.V fluid (dedhydration, lyte imbalance K+, Na+ mainly) and was told to eat bananas and no workouts for a week

Back from the edge,

Bobby

"brushing aside any skepticism" I'm not sure if you meant that following what I asked Blasto but I actually DO want to know how someone knows it's their third eye.

I get between eyebrow throbs with practice all the time and it's purely muscular.

Otherwise, great advice.

Yes, see it all the time folks immediately want to jump to the esoteric when it is nothing but physical.

-It's funny that you mention Chi Kung because this was about an hour after i finsished my session.

-I assumed it was my third eye because the tension was occuring where my third eye is suppose to be. Maybe i'm mistaken, either way its pretty irritating.

-Thanks for the book reccomendation.

Possibly (most probably) a migraine and nothing to do with "3rd eye" or 4th or 5th eye.

Otherwise, great advice.

Sorry about the confusion. I'm a diehard critical thinking junkie/skeptic to an anal degree. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

My cranial throbbing is always pleasant, nothing like what he described. I don't even know what "Opening the 3rd Eye" means; it is so shrouded in mystique. My reductionist guess is that it is a state of mind created by supreme physical health, radical compassion toward oneself and others, and a firm intuitive grasp of interdependency (Indra's Web). This last quality came to me at an early age. The first two took almost fifty years to cultivate (and it ain't over).

Was walking around the parking lot at work picking up carts and i try to meditate everywhere i go so i was naturally i a relaxed state with my mind clear going about my buisiness.

-However, soon my third eye began to slightly vibrate (this has happened before so i didn't pay much attention).

-But as i continued to talk around the parking lot the vibrations kept getting more and more intense and really started to bother me and make me uncomfortable.

-I first tried meditating on my lower Chakras which didn't help, then i tried using EFT which helped a little bit.

-However, i finally just gave reiki too my forehead which calmed down the vibrations and and they eventually dissipated.

-I'm not sure why m third eye decided to go crazy but i would like anyone who has experience in this to give me feedback.

-At first i thought might be over-stimulating one chakra but i wasn't paying attention to any part of my body in particular. This happened spontaneosly.

-Advice is welcome.

Yeah the third eye is actually in the center of the brain - the pineal gland. I remember when I first felt the chakra in the center of my forehead and it freaked me out a bit but it was also very cool to discover that it's real.

"Your bellybutton is not a dantian, your forehead is not a third eye and your butthole is not a chakra."

THIS!

:lol: Awesome, and correct. Thank you!

Don't think it's just a muscle spasm. This vibration between my eyebrows has been happening continuously for the last couple of weeks. It's no longer annyoting, i've gotten used to it. But still wonder whether it has something to do with my Chi Kung Practice: I've been doing Zhan Zhuang standing postures ever day for almost three weeks now. Maybe it's a symptom of my bodies energy systems being re-arranged. Don't know, anyone else who practices Chi Kung experienced this?

Don't think it's just a muscle spasm. This vibration between my eyebrows has been happening continuously for the last couple of weeks. It's no longer annyoting, i've gotten used to it. But still wonder whether it has something to do with my Chi Kung Practice: I've been doing Zhan Zhuang standing postures ever day for almost three weeks now. Maybe it's a symptom of my bodies energy systems being re-arranged. Don't know, anyone else who practices Chi Kung experienced this?

yeah -- it's the chakra opening up. You may want to try the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" exercise -- the Level one sitting meditation c.d.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm#l1sm

is a great practice tool. The small universe works through the outer chakras -- like the spot in the center of the forehead -- but since it circulates the energy then you'll get more alchemical effects and feel the other chakras opening as well.

Of course what you're doing is great as well. When I felt what you're talking about I was going the Yan Xin meditation.

Dear Tao Apprentice,

I think you're right. Drew is right also.

What I would do to help the process is: during zhan zhuang, pay attention to the movement of the belly as you breathe. Not forcing it, but breathing gently, and if your attention wanders, bringing it back gently to the feelings in the belly. It is best when you feel as if you have no head...all of your attention and energy being in the dantien.

When sensations are occurring, it's best for your energy to bring your attention into the dantien. Otherwise, the sensations draw your attention (energy) into areas where it gets stuck, and causes problems. When you bring it into that one spot, it recirculates through the whole body in the correct way.

It can also help to tap/massage above and below (so the forehead and the nose) the spot that's vibrating to help release it. Just a little every day is fine, until it evens out...doing a ton of massage might cause more of a blockage, and it isn't necessary.

Also, you probably know to keep your tongue touching the roof of your mouth a little bit behind the teeth. This will also help to connect the orbit so that the energy in the head can go down to the dantien.

Just some things, hope they help ya! :ninja:

Thanks for the advice Scotty and Drew. It's funny that you mention the Mantak Chia and the orbit. Whenever i look at my book shelf and am trying to choose which book i want to continue reading i always go by feel. And yesterday i felt that it was time to put down Path Notes by Glenn Morris (which is one of the best books i've ever read) and brush the dust off Mantak Chia.

Also that site you posted looks like it has a ton of useful info, can't wait till i have better control over my energy. :lol:

-I started meditating 15 minutes everyday after Chi Kung and will be increasing the time by 5 minutes ever couple of weeks.

I think i'm in love with the esoteric arts. :wub:

When your 3rd eye chakra vibrates for brief amounts of time it is warning/preceding of a future very, very emotional release or spiritual bridge.

When your 3rd eye chakra vibrates for brief amounts of time it is warning/preceding of a future very, very emotional release or spiritual bridge.

Hmm..sounds interesting...if it's not too personal do you mind if i ask from what experience do you draw this insight from?

yeah -- it's the chakra opening up. You may want to try the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" exercise -- the Level one sitting meditation c.d.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm#l1sm

is a great practice tool. The small universe works through the outer chakras -- like the spot in the center of the forehead -- but since it circulates the energy then you'll get more alchemical effects and feel the other chakras opening as well.

Of course what you're doing is great as well. When I felt what you're talking about I was going the Yan Xin meditation.

How can you know if you are doing the microcosmic orbit correctly? What are the feelings involved?

Can you have blockages up the spine and still have vibrations in the third eye? (this has happened to me, I think).

empty your mind, relax and fokus to your nose, nose to middle of your chest and chest down to lower dantien. I had the same problem over months. I had too much thoughts. EFT is not good for this, but not the worst thing you can do, tapping lets your chi out the point you tab.

Edited by Kronos

How can you know if you are doing the microcosmic orbit correctly? What are the feelings involved?

Can you have blockages up the spine and still have vibrations in the third eye? (this has happened to me, I think).

You just keep practicing. Yan Xin teaches in his Child Longevity meditation to not rely on your feelings to measure your practice.

For the small universe or microcosmic orbit guidance you can read Mantak Chia's first book which focuses on microcosmic orbit -- for free --

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2672168/Mantak-Chia-Awaken-Healing-Energy-through-the-Tao

For the advanced levels of the small universe/microcosmic orbit practice then read this book

http://www.amazon.com/Taoist-Yoga-Immortality-Charles-Luk/dp/0877280673

http://www.amazon.com/Taoist-Yoga-Immortality-Charles-Luk/dp/0877280673

Was reading some Mantak Chia and he notes that if you're feeling pressure in your forehead it's an example of stagnated energy flow.

-Gonna start meditating on the dantien and work my way around i should complete orbit in about a month.

-Gonna take one day of meditation for each energy center.

Was reading some Mantak Chia and he notes that if you're feeling pressure in your forehead it's an example of stagnated energy flow.

-Gonna start meditating on the dantien and work my way around i should complete orbit in about a month.

-Gonna take one day of meditation for each energy center.

I would take anything said by Mantak Chia with a grain of salt. "Pressure" and "vibrations" are two very different things as well. But regardless, yes start meditating on the dantien, this is the best starting point.

In retrospect this statement would appear to be ver true. My focuses have changed a great deal since this post.