Sign in to follow this  
bodyoflight

Testicular Breathing - do we physically flex our testicles?

Hello to all. I have been exploring the exercise of Testicular Breathing as taught by Mantak Chia.

Ummm.. for those of you familiar with this exercise, do I actually flex my testicular muscles when breathing in or do I just imagine/visualize the upwards movement of the testicles in my mind when breathing in?

Cos in MC's book, he said not to flex your penis or anus muscles and there is no way I can physically move my testicles upwards and downwards without flexing the penis and/or anus muscles.

I will really appreciate any advice from the wiser bros in here cos my health is deteriorating rapidly and I need to improve my health asap.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Pull your abdomen in-it will lift your testicles, unless you have a hernia (hense the old medical test of 'coughing' while the doctor touched the scrotum).

If health is your primary aim then ditch the Mantak Chia stuff. Why? Because some of the practices really need an instructor to guide you. Otherwise, you run the risk of wasting your time or even causing injury to yourself. If I remember correctly the books do state that an instructor is needed.

The Spring Forest Fundamentals course would be a good alternative:

http://springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm

Or, the Eternal Spring qigong course:

http://www.chutaichi.com/onlinestore/eternalspringdvd.html

Hello to all. I have been exploring the exercise of Testicular Breathing as taught by Mantak Chia.

Ummm.. for those of you familiar with this exercise, do I actually flex my testicular muscles when breathing in or do I just imagine/visualize the upwards movement of the testicles in my mind when breathing in?

Cos in MC's book, he said not to flex your penis or anus muscles and there is no way I can physically move my testicles upwards and downwards without flexing the penis and/or anus muscles.

I will really appreciate any advice from the wiser bros in here cos my health is deteriorating rapidly and I need to improve my health asap.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Interesting concept.

I've been wiggling my ears, my nose eyebrows, scalp, solar plexus(I use the cleansing breath from Yoga), even my brain - just to see If I could do it - and it does work. Flexing my brain as in contracting the two lobes seems to produce melatonin as it makes me sleepy. The rest is amusing to children to watch...

But I never thought about my testicles untill I read this ... It works. They feel a bit warmer than they did a few min. ago and a bit kinky but that is all. Although it should have a little to do with the longetivity as more exercise should help produce more sperm AKA male stem cells...

Hmmm... I think I'll just find me a spot and flex off :wub:

Flexing my brain as in contracting the two lobes seems to produce melatonin as it makes me sleepy.

Interesting!I was wondering what kind of exercise would stimulate the hormones up in the hormonal cascade. You might have inadvertently hit one.

But I never thought about my testicles untill I read this ... It works. They feel a bit warmer than they did a few min. ago and a bit kinky but that is all. Although it should have a little to do with the longetivity as more exercise should help produce more sperm AKA male stem cells...

My understanding is that Stretching the testicle produces oxytocin.Also recently there was a paper showing that produced sperm could turn back into stem cells. I am not sure if those exercise really are the one that are responsible for recreating the stem cells from the sperm or from creating the sperm from the stem cells. What is quite obvious is that oxytocin helps handle the whole thing, so it doesn't explode.

You don't need to flex anything.

The main focus is getting the feeling of icy-cold into the scrotum.

The rest is of little importance.

You also need a smooth flowing microcosmic orbit as a prerequisite.

That's the part of getting the energy. It's like money. You need a plan.

Pull your abdomen in-it will lift your testicles, unless you have a hernia (hense the old medical test of 'coughing' while the doctor touched the scrotum).

Yep with the Testicle breathing I do they move up and down with abdominal breathing i.e breathe out, abdomen contract, they rise up.

It's a much more relaxed feeling than contracting penis / anus muscles so I didn't actually know they moved until I happened to be practicing in a bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Yep with the Testicle breathing I do they move up and down with abdominal breathing i.e breathe out, abdomen contract, they rise up.

It's a much more relaxed feeling than contracting penis / anus muscles so I didn't actually know they moved until I happened to be practicing in a bathroom and looked in the mirror.

In MC's book he quoted "Inhale slowly and pull the testicles up. Hold for awhile, then

exhale slowly and lower the testicles"

But if we use abdominal breathing, when we breath in, the abdomen expands and the testicles lower. When we breath out, the abdomen contracts and the testicles get pulled up. This process seems to be the reverse of MC's method.

On the bright side, I am starting to feel some coolness in the testicles. Maybe this does work afterall.

On the bright side, I am starting to feel some coolness in the testicles. Maybe this does work afterall.

While testicle breathing is useful, I find turtle breathing to accomplish much of the same goals many times more effectively.

I have recently been inspired to experiment with testicle breathing, so I was pleased when I saw this thread.

I noticed that when I exhale and push all the air out (like in KAP) I have to engage my abs, which draws the testicles up. But if I breathe in a more relaxed way (i.e. the "70 percent rule") this muscle is not engaged. Perhaps this more relaxed way of breathing is what Chia and Winn had in mind?

As for the testicles rising and falling without engaging the abs, if you put your scrotum in warm water the testicles drop, and if you put it in cold water the testicles rise. The rising and falling here is due to the expansion and contraction of the scrotum, as opposed to abdominal force. Perhaps this is the action that one wants to gain conscious control over to practice according to Chia and Winn's instructions?

Little1:

It's interesting that you say the movement doesn't matter, as you are the resident Chia-expert around here. What would you say the mechanism of moving the cold energy up is? Mental intention?

Mal,

It's interesting that you practice the opposite of what Chia and Winn say (that is, exhale and testicles rise, inhale and testicles drop). Is this the way they teach it in KAP2? Is the rest of the procedure the same (that is, draw the cold feeling from the testicles to the perineum, then into the sacrum, up the spine and into the head)? Does the action of the breath pump the cold energy upward in this method?

Edited by Creation

Little1:

It's interesting that you say the movement doesn't matter, as you are the resident Chia-expert around here. What would you say the mechanism of moving the cold energy up is? Mental intention?

Resident Chia-expert? heh, I might enjoy that title :lol:

But seriously,

what i said is that the feeling of cold energy in the scrotum is the most important aspect of the practice.

you can move your testies up and down for eternity, if you don't get that icy cold energy starting to build up, you're not doing testicle breathing, i don't know what you are doing...

the movement comes second as importance - it can help you move it up to the perineum and sacrum, and then up the spine one center at a time.

but in the end, what we train is the mind. you have to be able to do it by mind alone.

I'm happy people started to get interested in this subject. It's much more important that it may seem...

later edit:

I'm not the Chia-expert, many of the people here tried and benefited from the practices Chia taught. I'm just one of the few that admits it, and has the guts to be grateful for it ^_^

Edited by Little1

Hello

My main practise since the last ten years is Chias and Yudeloves and also some from Hsi Lai.

Of course the energetic feeling of cool Jing is the most important in this exercise. But there is absolutely a possibility to learn to lift the testicles without moving or tension in any other points.

Today I can separete five different points in the anus. The connection from the perineum to the anus. The perineum and also different parts of it I think. The gate that is the urogenital diafragm. The lifting of the testicles. The tip of the penis.

All of this points are possible to learn to use in the practise and it is possible to differentiate between them. All it takes is practise and some real good long and puposeful relaxation between the times you squeze any of this points. The relaxation is the most important thing between the squeses and the relaxation is the thing that learn you to differentiate between different parts.

Do a squese of any of this points and then make a long effort to relax all areas around before you squese again. And when you not are able any more to relax all areas around and the are you are squesing stop the practise for that day, even if it only is two or three squeses before you are tense. Then practise regularly many days each week with some days without practise, and you will improve in this area quite quickly, according to my own experience.

The most difficult of this points for me is the tip of the penis, and to squeze it withouth any contraction at all in the rest of the penis, particularly difficult is it to relax the sides of the penis during that squese.

One quite funny exercise I did with the anus, and its five different points was that every time I saw a beatiful woman I did squese the point of the anus in that direction she had to me. If she was on my left side I did squeze the left side of the anus a few times and so on. All for the fun and variation of the practise :lol:

I practise testicle brething quit regularly this days in combination with my retention practise. The energies involved in this practise can be quite strong and it is of some importance I think to be able to do the practise enough soft so that you not heat up the energy.

The unaroused male sexual energy is cold and the aroused is hot or warm, and this exercise is for the unaroused cold Jing energy. I think.

Some thoughts on the physical part of squesing. I think it could be a good idea to be able to do the squesing of some of the different parts of the genital area before you learn the testicle breathing, according to my wiev of this practise.

Why hurry with such practises? Why not learn them step by step to avoid problems and to be able to do the exercises more correct and with more comfort!

Fire Dragon

Intentionally pulling up the testicles can be really useful as a starter and to unblock and get your consciousness in there - but it's a bit like training wheels. After a while, you will find it's not necessary to contract them, and in fact you will get more energy flow if you don't.

Sign in to follow this