Cameron

Bill Bodri articles

I am suprised Max didn't tell us about these before. In this one Bill talks about aliens and how ancient cultures already knew about them. And how Buddha knew about all the different universes and classified them.

He has other articles on here that I don't think are on his website. Pretty interesting reads if you have the time.

http://www.aumara.com/espirit-center/modul...rticle&sid=1354

Edited by Cameron

He sent the alien one out on his free mailing list...you can sign up for it on his website, and I really look forward to getting the emails. A lot of the time they are plugging one of his ebooks, but not always, and they're usually a good read. Anyway, I fully endorse all of the ebooks I've bought from Bill, and one could spend their money on a lot worse things.

wow - pretty heated out there! Seems to me like Scott has a bit of emotional armouring against being misinterpreted. Imagine someone who's not so great with the English language reading about CST :o

There is a great presupposition in NLP that says "The meaning of your communication is the response you get." This, imo, is a usefull way to think - since it leaves the power in your own hands (as the communicator)... if someone misunderstood you, the ball is in your court to communicate better - this way, you cant blame the person on the other end of your communication for not getting what you intended. This would apply both to Scott and Sean.

This reminds me of something I read recently. 80% of written communication, e.g. emails and I would lump forum discussions in with this, are Mis-interpreted.

That discussion was terrible. Scott defending what didn't need to be defended, and never addressing the invitation to discuss things that Sean was bringing to the table.

However mild mannered Sean is in his post, if you get down to what he said I think he did throw down a gauntlet in respect to Scotts concept that Prasara body flow is a COMPLETE practice. That's what it looks like to me as an outside observer. I think that Scott was defending territory he has staked out for RMAX. My very limited experience with that forum and now with this battle between Scott and Sean(inadvertant though it may have been) indicates to me that there is a degree of fundamentalism and exclusivism there.

A recent theme of discussion I have had (outside forums, like face to face conversation - remember that?)

is that what I value is a stance of inclusion and not exclusion.

Sean seems to be trying to point out that he thinks RMAX is missing some things and Scott is adamantly saying - It's all here!

Scott's idea that he has created a culturally contextual free zone for the modern man is truly a noble ideal.

I think that he has achieved this in the physical culture to a large extent, and physical culture is where he is coming from. To truly get into the idea of the realities of working with Chi, or whatever non-loaded words you care to use seems to be outside of where he wants to go because he is SET on a scientific model. It needs to be provable.

Sean, IMHO, is about integrating Physical culture, subtle energy culture and spiritual culture.

Taoist terminology Jing, chi, shen. I think they are going to have a hard time seeing eye to eye.

Sean did not perceive that he was attacking Scott's perspective perhaps.

Scott onthe other hand, rather than even attempting to engage in what Sean was trying to say just shot down everything by calling it a straw man argument, or a logical fallacy. Great debate tactics if you want to win a debate, but really poor if you want to move forward in communication. I don't think Scott came off looking very good here. Perhaps HIS tribe thinks so, but from where I am sitting it wasn't pretty.

Lastly - why do I care? Because both these indiviuals have a lot to say and are very clear in their communications- generally - but both seemed to fail miserably in this instance. Too bad.

Cheers

Craig

Scott's responses were definitely a shock to me, but not entirely. I have sensed a degree of fundamentalism from him and his community in the past. I frequent his forum and can't recall ever seeing someone disagree with Scott and him responding with "Hmmm, I never thought of that, good point". Resistance to being in a place of uncertainty. I guess we all have it. And we all have our sore spots and lose our temper. But damn, I haven't seen a knee-jerk reaction this ridiculously over the top since I flipped out on Lozen for calling science bullshit. (Sorry again Lozen :()

Anyway, predictably the thread was locked after Scott's last word. I continued pursuing my original questions and received even-tempered responses from other members of his community here: http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/forum/v...p?p=75142#75142

Morale: CST is great for fitness. Then you can start climbing Maslow's hierarchy on your own with other things that you should keep to yourself because you can't prove them in court. :D

Sean

Anyway, predictably the thread was locked after Scott's last word.

Locking threads to get the last word? Anybody want to make a satirical flash animation about this whole debacle?

It was all ego. Inherently there is no argument. Rmax material is not emptiness meditation or qigong. Now, Scott can say the practices have some of the same or in some cases better results than qigong but they are different practices.

It reminds me of my time in Aikido. Everyone came and trained in the techniques of aikido but I really felt to get anywhere in Aikido(or in life for that matter) I would need to find a spiritual and energy practice.

For the most part I got more into those practices than anyone else and I think it definetly helped my aikido practice but unless someone really was interested, for the most part I didn't say aikido is lacking a major component that I am exploring. If others got what they needed from it without exploring qigong, meditation enllightenment etc who am I to come and tell them what they need or how someone should teach there system?

I see your path as being close to my own exploring all these things, like BJJ, your Magic stuff and Sonnon's stuff. And trying to develop a harmony between them.

But getting them to all work together is mostly your own path. Maybe you can go further than Scott and develop your own fusion of his material with the yoga and meditation you love but that is your own path and process.

Cam

Edited by Cameron

Freeform, I was thinking of paying Schmorky from somethingawful.com since he is so damn good at mockery.

Cam, agreed. How is your knee?

My second post was locked as well, despite a rather pleasant conversation occurring and no argument whatsoever. Apparently even so much as asking how the physical and spiritual intersect on RMAX is "flame bait" and "obscene, prejudicial and inflammatory". My God, are we in the dark ages or what? :unsure:

Scott reminds me of a lot of super achievers and gurus... they are too aggressive to be my best friend, but they are damn smart and really do make the world a better place.

I wouldn't mind continuing the discussion here, if no one minds. The essence of what I was trying to say is that there is a reality to what happens when you engage in spiritual practices, such as sitting in stillness, working with the subtle body, or praying to a higher power. It's a reality that is beyong the metaphors people often find themselves needing to use to explain it. It's a reality as reproducible as teaching someone how to make a cake. And its a reality that I don't see addressed or included in CST. Which is fine. Obviously. A system can not be all things. I don't expect my BJJ academy to start teaching me how to open my third eye anytime soon. Yet when a system's proponents begin making bold, sweeping, aggressive claims that it is all you need that I raise my hand. Because I don't agree. It's funny because this is actually the same problem I have with Bodri, and I clocked in plenty of hours arguing the other side of the coin last year. That stillness meditation is not a religion, it's not all you need. So pretty soon I'll have no friends. :blink:

Ironically I strongly strongly share Scott's ideals in finding a language to discuss phenomenon that is as free of unnecessary cultural baggage as possible. I think one of the layers of complexity added to us in completely decontextualizing spiritual experience is that much of it is so contextual. The mystic path is a journey through the subjective to find the Self. And maybe I am just too young on the path to see that argument like the one I had with Scott is why elder seekers tend to become more reserved and silent. The deepest seekers in my experience mostly keep to themselves and rarely seek to market, or proselytize. Because what is there to really market here? "Hey there party people! I got this great new product. It's called open your fucking eyes and realize that your thoughts and sensations are clouds in the sky, everything that is born suffers and dies, there are millions of people writhing in pain on this planet while you glibly eat your cereal and watch television, and you will continue doing whatever you possibly can to avoid the truth of what I am saying, but when you are ready to begin opening your eyes, give me a call and I'll teach you how to sit still for an hour while you watch in horror the contents of your egoic-mind you've never once stepped back from". :lol:

Still, I feel like there is some hope in putting your neck out there and acting as a bridge between different worlds. My ideal is not even that everyone completely agree and share the same path. Eck. I think that would lead to some enormous, grey, lifeless religion of the masses. I think my deeper passion is merely to find a common language that people can use to more closely understand and speak respectively with each other about their spiritual experiences, regardless of their chosen emphasis. And within this context have debate that is healthy and generative, and not an egoic clash of entrenched positions. Then we can all hold hands and skip gayly into the sunset. :P

Sean

Sean, this work with awakening to what is is by far the most important work IMO. I really have a good feeling exploring these things and seems it is mostly where it is at(along with my other practices which I love).

I am excited to explore this deeper with you know who in June.

Like you said, you don't ask your jits teacher about how to open your qi channels :)

I just read the comment by Coach Joans in your thread: 'Maybe your tingling is chi, prana, or demonic possesion. Maybe it's giving you tremendous health benefits, improving your performance or nothing at all. Maybe it just makes you happy so you can get through your day with a smile on your face. Whatever it is, it's ok. My point here, is that there is simply no evidence to suggest that a concentrated focus on chi, ki, or prana development does anything to enhance health or performance. '

Classical comment by someone who has 'done a ton of esoteric meditations' and 'spent years studying and practicing [Qigong methods]'. But he also correctly noticed "It's just out of the scope of what RMAX/CST are here for... it's like going onto a religious website and asking them how to improve your golf swing. It's just out of the scope of their function."

Seems like a lost cause talking about such things on Scott's forum. Only about 1% can relate.

"Hey there party people! I got this great new product. It's called open your fucking eyes and realize that your thoughts and sensations are clouds in the sky, everything that is born suffers and dies, there are millions of people writhing in pain on this planet while you glibly eat your cereal and watch television, and you will continue doing whatever you possibly can to avoid the truth of what I am saying, but when you are ready to begin opening your eyes, give me a call and I'll teach you how to sit still for an hour while you watch in horror the contents of your egoic-mind you've never once stepped back from". :lol:

Dude, I'm in. How much? :lol:

PS has anyone checked out Scott's 'Forward Pressure' dvd yet?

no, but I checked out his forward pressure way of arguing on his forum . That's enough for me.

Edited by affenbrot

Dude, I'm in. How much? :lol:

$19.95. I take Paypal. ;)

Mushtaq, sure, post whatever thoughts you may have on Bodri, language of the subtle body, meditation, Scott and I's "debate", etc.

Sean