Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

The Way of Energy

Just started reading this book on Chi Kung and i found that the very exercises are very helpful and the standing positions and the cirriculum the author sets before you make practicing easy.

-I'm taking the authors recomendation and following the time-table he sets for practice. Was wondering if anyone else practiced Zhan Zhuang style and what has been their experiences with it?

-Also i'd appreciate anyone with knowledge on the author and quality of this book. Thanks

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Way-Energy-Mastering-Internal-Strength/dp/0671736450/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273703268&sr=8-1

Oldie but goodie. I read it a two decades or so again and appreciated it, but lacked the discipline. Over the years, I've seen those who 'just stand' make wonderful progress mentally and spiritually.

These days I like listening to Rawn Clark's meditations in the Archaeous series and stand during the 15 minutes its on. I'll also spend a few minutes in the morning standing before the rising sun, breathing the fresh air.

Michael

It is rare that a single book can encompass an entire training system so clearly and concisely while also being enjoyable and profound. It explains and teaches basic principles that I have never come across in any other book, and makes it easy to devise your own training schedule.

Has anyone read the author's 3rd Book Way of Power? Does it change or add anything new to this original book?

It is rare that a single book can encompass an entire training system so clearly and concisely while also being enjoyable and profound. It explains and teaches basic principles that I have never come across in any other book, and makes it easy to devise your own training schedule.

Has anyone read the author's 3rd Book Way of Power? Does it change or add anything new to this original book?

The way of power expands on the first book. The focus is mainly on martial arts rather than just health and the stances are deeper and tougher. Some of the ones I've tried were very good in generating energy.

I did the way of energy one full year about 40 min per day, it was really nice. I must admit that after continuing to the way of power I felt a bit lost without a teacher since I think ZZ requires a teacher to correct your posture to really get the benefits of the practise especially if you are doing it for like 40-60 min.

wtm: I see. I too find there is a lot of different ways of standing still and the books can't go in that level of detail. Only a teacher could account for body type, skill level, type of focus and so on. Each session of mine so far differs widely from the previous depending on what mind set I go in with even if I try for consistency. In any case, I'll stick with the first book then and see where that goes.

Sign in to follow this