Sign in to follow this  
ToP-fan

Master Lu's Five Elements Breathing Program

Hi, has anyone done Master Lu's "Five Element Breathing Program" that is frequently advertised in the Google ads on this site?..............I went on Master Lu's web-site and it was very interesting. With all the different systems today any advice or comments would be great. Thanks

I'm a sucker for anything that relates the elements to the breath but haven't bought this course as cash flow is a bit tight. There's a Sufi meditation for purifying the elements with the breath where each element is given a specfic breathing sequence:

Earth: in and out through the nose

Water: in through the nose, out through the mouth

Fire: in through the mouth, out through the nose

Air: in and out through the mouth

Ether: in and out through nose (fine breaths)

Good to do outside. You can be creative with colours and visualisaton and stuff. Good examples of how these breaths are used can be found here and here.

This snippet of theory was lifted from here:

"The question, how we should purify the breath, may be answered thus, that breath is constituted of the five elements -- of which both the body and the mind are composed -- and it is the same elements which are used by the mystics to purify the breath. After a Sufi has made his breath rhythmic by the practice of Fikr, and has acquired strength in the breath, then he may purify his breath with different elements.

By breathing on earth, he will give all his impurities to earth, and will attract purity from earth. By breathing before water, he will purify his breath and will give out impurities to water. By breathing before fire, the Sufi purifies his breath by that element. Therefore, incense is burnt in religious places, and the adepts in India keep fire before them when practicing meditation. One must purify one's breath by breathing in the open air, which is the air of purification. And life in the open space enables one to purify one's breath by the ether, which pervades the whole space. Purification of the breath not only gives sound health of mind and body, but gives perpetual youth and long life, until one has attained the life eternal."

All for free too. B)

Edited by rex

With all the different systems today any advice or comments would be great. Thanks

I started doing Longevity Breathing by Bruce Franzen about a month or 6 weeks ago and am suprised and happy with the results. My lower body cavity from rib cage to pelvis is loose and free. My liver is opening up, and the tension from there to my shoulders has loosened significantly, lower back is looser and moves much more freely and the upper back is getting there.

I can not recommend this type of breathing highly enough. Any other technique will benefit from having this as a foundation, as it opens the breath to lower parts of the body and enables a depth of breath (even when not practicing) beyond that any meditation/yoga/qigong has provided for me.

The video is the best way to learn it, his qigong book talks about it, but the detail is in the video. I dont particularly care for the presentation, but the information is invaluable.

Hope this helps,

T.

• Like 1

Bruces stuff is cool. The teacher I practice with live now, Dennis Lewis, uses Bruces ice to water to gas(emptiness) technique. You may like checking out his book "Free your breath Free your life" for more on opening the breathing spaces.

I started doing Longevity Breathing by Bruce Franzen about a month or 6 weeks ago and am suprised and happy with the results. My lower body cavity from rib cage to pelvis is loose and free. My liver is opening up, and the tension from there to my shoulders has loosened significantly, lower back is looser and moves much more freely and the upper back is getting there.

I can not recommend this type of breathing highly enough. Any other technique will benefit from having this as a foundation, as it opens the breath to lower parts of the body and enables a depth of breath (even when not practicing) beyond that any meditation/yoga/qigong has provided for me.

The video is the best way to learn it, his qigong book talks about it, but the detail is in the video. I dont particularly care for the presentation, but the information is invaluable.

Hope this helps,

T.

Hi Turbo, I'm interested in this as I've become aware of some restrictions in my diaphragm area and between the shoulder blades i'm working on loosening. One of the reviewers of the DVD on amazon said it totally stunk. How much did the DVD actually help vs. your own knowledge that you applied to what you saw?

Know what I mean?

T

Edited by thaddeus

Hey Trunk, I'm interested in this as I've become aware of some restrictions in my diaphragm area and between the shoulder blades i'm working on loosening. One of the reviewers of the DVD on amazon said it totally stunk. How much did the DVD actually help vs. your own knowledge that you applied to what you saw?

Know what I mean?

T

You quoted me but called me Trunk, so I'll assume you were asking me. The best description of it is like having a deep internal massage. I cant promise any results, but unless you are already doing this practice, then it would seem impossible to not benefit from it. When I lie down my whole belly is loose like I never thought it could be. I've had tension in the shoulder blades area but it was rooted around my liver, and the releases in the belly and liver area have loosened up my upper back as well.

As far as the DVD vs what I know already. This was a new practice to me, and I always knew that I should breathe deeper and all that, but he has a specific protocol for opening the areas the breath needs to goto. The process takes a while. Step one is the belly, then the sides, then the lower back, then the upper back. I spent a week on each section and spent two weeks stabilizing the first three areas. The upper back is taking longer, but I have a lot of tension there.

As far as the bad review on amazon, that guy seem more interested in western physical fitness than deep breathing, relaxation, and meditation. That said, the presentation bugs me, i dont like it, but the information is worth putting up with it.

Turbo

You quoted me but called me Trunk, so I'll assume you were asking me. The best description of it is like having a deep internal massage. I cant promise any results, but unless you are already doing this practice, then it would seem impossible to not benefit from it. When I lie down my whole belly is loose like I never thought it could be. I've had tension in the shoulder blades area but it was rooted around my liver, and the releases in the belly and liver area have loosened up my upper back as well.

As far as the DVD vs what I know already. This was a new practice to me, and I always knew that I should breathe deeper and all that, but he has a specific protocol for opening the areas the breath needs to goto. The process takes a while. Step one is the belly, then the sides, then the lower back, then the upper back. I spent a week on each section and spent two weeks stabilizing the first three areas. The upper back is taking longer, but I have a lot of tension there.

As far as the bad review on amazon, that guy seem more interested in western physical fitness than deep breathing, relaxation, and meditation. That said, the presentation bugs me, i dont like it, but the information is worth putting up with it.

Turbo

lol sorry about that..i fixed my mistake. I just picked up his revised opening the energy gates book and it sounds familiar, so I'll check in there..thanks!

T

lol sorry about that..i fixed my mistake. I just picked up his revised opening the energy gates book and it sounds familiar, so I'll check in there..thanks!

T

You can also get a double cd of his breathing practice. Not sure if it covers entirely the same territory, as I never got past the first half of disc one. Ask Pietro about it.

wondering why you didnt get very far with it, Ian. Was it a case of "it isnt you, it's me" or some obstacle thrown up for you by the CD itself.

or what. was it.

Can't remember. I think it was just a case of not being that disciplined at the time, plus the fact that you could only do it with a cd player, which wasn't always there, plus I had/have the lungs of an eighty year old miner on eighty capstan full strength a day.

My excuse would be that the words came a bit fast, but Pietro got round that by making something from a computer do regular bell noises without the instructions. Where there's a will...

T

The book covers the basic instruction, but the video has more depth to it. You can learn it from the book, but I think you'd have an easier time w/ the dvd.

A very old topic but the Stuff is one of the more useful things out there for me to mention.

As it is said it is not labeled as Qigong but as a Breathing.

When one is not able to read the exercise it may just bring an overall well being

and maybe one luckily reach +66% as intended for this form.

But what makes this form interesting is that there are things either Mister Lu could not tell or is not aware to tell.

There are two secrets one is "the center to move change."

"And the maximum breathing" before "shift of center to move change"

Each submovement has a different center also has different space where breathing

can fill out.

So look deeper

Best,

Q

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this