Cosmiken

I can't NOT think about Tao!

Hey people. I'm new here. BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT.

I know Tao exists, and I would like nothing more than to do my part and go along with it. From what I've read and gathered, being at one with Tao is to just act naturally. Do without doing, think without thinking, but I can't seem to do that. I'm always worried I'm not doing it right, and that's what comes naturally to me. I'm not at peace, but I would like to be, perferably without yoga.

Thank you for your time.

Takes time to feel comfortable with it - more and more one's responses become a way of life when you

go with the Tao, not so?

Welcome, sounds like you've got a handle on it...

I know Tao exists, and I would like nothing more than to do my part and go along with it. From what I've read and gathered, being at one with Tao is to just act naturally. Do without doing, think without thinking, but I can't seem to do that. I'm always worried I'm not doing it right, and that's what comes naturally to me. I'm not at peace, but I would like to be, perferably without yoga.

I think that's all natural, all part of the growth experience. I go through the same things. You're definitely on the right (Taoist) track by realizing the significance of "action through non-action." One thing that has been really helpful for me (in trying to worry less and achieve peace) is reading and re-reading the Tao Te Ching and the Chuang Tzu. Those two texts, more than any others, always give me a sense of profound calm. That's a type of non-yoga meditation--just reading and thinking about what I've read. Both texts are so dense that I find new meanings (or are reminded of meanings I've already taken in) every time I read them, and the truths that I find in them--and find while thinking of them--are pacifying and nourishing. Hope this helps, and hope to hear more from you in the forum. :)

I think that's all natural, all part of the growth experience. I go through the same things. You're definitely on the right (Taoist) track by realizing the significance of "action through non-action." One thing that has been really helpful for me (in trying to worry less and achieve peace) is reading and re-reading the Tao Te Ching and the Chuang Tzu. Those two texts, more than any others, always give me a sense of profound calm. That's a type of non-yoga meditation--just reading and thinking about what I've read. Both texts are so dense that I find new meanings (or are reminded of meanings I've already taken in) every time I read them, and the truths that I find in them--and find while thinking of them--are pacifying and nourishing. Hope this helps, and hope to hear more from you in the forum. :)

Thanks mang. Appreciate that. I actually own a pocket copy of Tao Te Ching, and kinda know what you're talking about in regards to the calm thing. Don't think, feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

Thanks mang. Appreciate that. I actually own a pocket copy of Tao Te Ching, and kinda know what you're talking about in regards to the calm thing. Don't think, feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

No problem. I also have a pocket copy--the John C. H. Wu translation published by Shambhala. Is that the same as the one you have? I think a pocket edition is great. I have four regular-sized editions, but I like having the smaller one to travel with. :)