Fox

Hot body after tai chi

A friend of mine and I just did a quick tai chi practice. It involved a few forms, most I had seen before. I have never really done tai chi before, but all that we did I have seen done on the dvds I own. At one point we lifted our hands from our crown to our belly buttons. Ever since I have had an intense heat in my body, and am feeling almost dizzy.

Did I just get over heated?

You mentioned quick, think of current going through a wire, metabolic rate, opening blockages etc...

" At one point we lifted our hands from our crown to our belly buttons" - I don't know what that means

Looking forward to all responses!

Peace, Robert

If you're feeling dizzy go for a walk until you feel normal. Tai chi shouldn't make you feel dizzy. If it keeps making you feel that way, don't practice it. Find another version or something.

Watermelon is good to cool you off.

Sometimes doing exercises you don't have much experience with or stuff you haven't done too often makes your body feel uncomfortable, and when your body feels uncomfortable, you feel uncomfortable.

So yeah, take a walk, eat cool foods, drink some cool water, and relax.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Have you tried practicing again since you had this experience? Where there similar results?

The practice and the "hot body" sensation could be coincidental rather than causative. As long as you are not approaching serious distress, experiment a bit a see what happens.

That said, when we first clear blockages or raise our energy level a bit higher it can produce some odd sensations. Just relax and let them pass, don't get too caught up in them. The next time we practice often then feels comfortable and easy again. Think of it like you created a wave that washed through a channel and cleared away some debris that had been clogging it. In it's wake the wave leaves a happy burbling creek.

-Russell

Northwest Internal Arts

A friend of mine and I just did a quick tai chi practice. It involved a few forms, most I had seen before. I have never really done tai chi before, but all that we did I have seen done on the dvds I own. At one point we lifted our hands from our crown to our belly buttons. Ever since I have had an intense heat in my body, and am feeling almost dizzy.

Did I just get over heated?

Sound's like you got the energy moving ( through the meridian's )and cleared some blockages.

When you move the energy you will get warm and when some people do this for the first time they can feel dizzy,like yourself,and also sick.

Stick with the practice and this will pass.

sabretooth.

Use your skeletal muscles, especially of the legs and feet, to help circulate your blood. Skeletal muscle helps circulate blood through veins where pressure has decreased since leaving the arteries. If you work hard enough in your lower body, you will have good circulation and your dizziness will go away. The problem is in the emptiness of your form.