forestofemptiness

Advaita and Buddhism are the Same After All

Nope! But that doesn't make you any better at it. :lol:

It does not! But you are the one worried about what is better than the rest, who is more "lay" than the others and so on! I am on the Oneness band - All Is One :lol:

Remember, you are the savior and I am the deluded one to be saved. It's your reputation at stake and not mine! :lol:

Edited by dragonfire45

It does not! But you are the one worried about what is better than the rest, who is more "lay" than the others and so on! I am on the Oneness band - All Is One :lol:

Remember, you are the savior and I am the deluded one to be saved. It's your reputation at stake and not mine! :lol:

What are you talking about? You're my Buddha too, whether you like it or not! :P

What are you talking about? You're my Buddha too, whether you like it or not! :P

I like my deluded life! Lol... Like Vajra would say, Samsara is my Nirvana and I know of no suffering. I am neither a Advaitin prescribing to Vivartavada (sorry Dwai :) ) but rather extreme Parinamavada so I like it all...nothing is unreal or worthy of not liking here. There is no question of not liking..

I hope you're not making me your Buddha solely to put the "Kill the Buddha if you find him" quote to action. I am also a trained martial artist you know and can do more than debate. Just kidding... I don't want Sean's band of mods to come chasing after me... can't even complain to Leslie and get away this time :P

Edited by dragonfire45

I like my deluded life! Lol... Like Vajra would say, Samsara is my Nirvana and I know of no suffering. I am neither a Advaitin prescribing to Vivartavada (sorry Dwai :) ) but rather extreme Parinamavada so I like it all...nothing is unreal or worthy of not liking here. There is no question of not liking.

Thanks for your perspective. Here's mine, just for the sake of completeness: No matter how you act, you can't help but clarify the true nature of existence to me. There's no escape, you are my teacher as I am yours. One difference could be I have vowed to respect all my teachers, whether voluntary or involuntary, but I'm not sure about you. It makes little difference to me either way.

I just don't understand why you bring up televangelists and stuff. Do you really think I'm out to convert everyone to Buddhism for my dark masters, or is it just that you love the flavor of delusion and actively cultivate it in a cheerful spirit of Chaotic Stupidity? :lol:

If breaking dharmas while speaking of same (whether of Buddhist or Hindu dharmas)

then both parties are binding up with karmas.

Om

I just don't understand why you bring up televangelists and stuff. Do you really think I'm out to convert everyone to Buddhism for my dark masters, or is it just that you love the flavor of delusion and actively cultivate it in a cheerful spirit of Chaotic Stupidity? :lol:

Yes - In spite of your attempts at appearing humble, reasonable, sarcastic and funny - all at the same time - Yes.

Sorry, better "luck" next time. Had to say this even at the cost of another "you don't know anything about Buddhism" rant ^_^

You do sound like a teleevangelist and there are loads of them on tv, so I know when I hear one. Hey, they are not a rare breed and you have similar species on this very board. lol

But not a good one though, for you focus too much on the minuses of Hindus rather than on the supposed pluses of Buddhism or Islam. But yes, there are all flavors of Teleevangelists ... some loud and jarring, some repetitive and trying hard to appear "intelligent, rational and filled with good humor" and then there are other kinds. The first are easy to notice and forget but the second make you want to listen to them for a while - at least to appreciate how hard they are trying to put up an appearance. Lo! you give them their due by engaging them in a conversation and letting them proclaim their truth. It also helps if you have nothing very serious to do at the moment and can afford some time. You don't lose a heck by giving that joy to some fellaw who will feel proud of having talked reason to one, having tried to lift them from the state of delusion etc. I am doing just that here ... not a Buddha, but certainly seems like my compassion is worthy of a Bodhisattva. What next? Bring it on ;)

Edited by dragonfire45

O.K. so the great "holier than thou" male diatribes continue! haha.

All this stuff comes from the Bushmen in Africa btw -- the ORIGINAL humans -- from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE.

there's no such thing as 'Original humans' -- this is the sort of idealistic thinking that white supremacists used to say that white Europeans were the 'original humans'. Fact is there is no such thing as original humans. Evolution doesn't stop for a single 'race' to keep their 'purity'. Yes humans originally came from Africa but Africans have the most genetically diverse DNA among themselves. There is no such thing as a 'pure' race, genetically. It is the same for cultures. There is no such thing as a 'pure' culture.

Edited by mikaelz

Yes - In spite of your attempt as appearing humble, reasonable, sarcastic and funny - all at the same time. Sorry, better "luck" next time. You do sound like a teleevangelist and there are loads of them on tv. But not a good one though, for you focus too much on the minuses of Hindus rather than the supposed pluses of Buddhism or Islam. But yes, there are all flavors of Teleevangelists ... some loud and jarring, some repetitive and trying hard to appear "intelligent, rational and filled with good humor" and then there are other kinds. The first are easy to notice and forget but the second make you want to listen to them for a while - at least to appreciate how hard they are trying to put up an appearance. Lo! you give them their due by engaging them in a conversation and letting them proclaim their truth. It also helps if you have nothing very serious to do at the moment and can afford some time. I am doing just that here ;)

I guess there's no barrier between rationalism and delusion for you after all. Have fun on your interesting path! :D

Tell me, are all Parinamavadins conspiracy theorists or only those who enjoy conspiracies?

ralis: Are you a Parinamavadin? Do you think I'm here with an evil plan to harvest innocent Taoist souls too?

(Sweet, now I AM kinda beginning to sound like a televangelist. I could get into this :lol: )

But not a good one though, for you focus too much on the minuses of Hindus rather than on the supposed pluses of Buddhism or Islam. But yes, there are all flavors of Teleevangelists ... some loud and jarring, some repetitive and trying hard to appear "intelligent, rational and filled with good humor" and then there are other kinds.

The topic is 'Advaita and Buddhism are the same.' The OP posted an article that talked about the similarities and thus this thread focused on the differences. The similarities are common knowledge to most here, and I mentioned them briefly in my post about differences between Western and Eastern religions.

Oh and btw, I'll call you out on trying to paint me as a 'grim Buddhist with no sense of humor'. You don't know shit ;) In the topic where I said 'Gross' in response to a joke, I was in fact joking too. And when I responded to Ralis about railing on Vajra, I did that because Ralis was not joking. You're new here so you don't know anyone. Get to know Ralis a bit and go see that these conversations are not something new here. They've been repeated couple times before.

there's no such thing as 'Original humans' -- this is the sort of idealistic thinking that white supremacists used to say that white Europeans were the 'original humans'. Fact is there is no such thing as original humans. Evolution doesn't stop for a single 'race' to keep their 'purity'. Yes humans originally came from Africa but Africans have the most genetically diverse DNA among themselves. There is no such thing as a 'pure' race, genetically. It is the same for cultures. There is no such thing as a 'pure' culture.

First read my book

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/deep-disharmony-secrets-of-the-cias-psi-plasma-vortex/11007795

Then get back to me and I'll make sure to inform you of any further errors you still have.

M: He thinks I'm the online equivalent of a televangelist because my tone sounds dishonest and/or jarring to him. I'm not too clear on the reason. He didn't try refuting any of the arguments I posted above. That must be hard when you're being willfully delusional.

Meh, are there ways to conduct a semi-rational conversation when your opponent prides himself on the quality of his Ad Hominems? (because of his religion?)

Edited by nac

- Vajra and co don't represent all or most Buddhists and their means here are hardly skillful.

You breath a lot more fire than I ever have here. I just talk about how and why Buddhist realization is subtler and more complete according to Buddhist texts and teachers. That's all. It's just those that take things personally that have issues. So many drive by shooters with so many ad hom's.

I'm here reluctantly but was asked but a number of people to come back here and talk. So here I am and nothing has changed.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

You breath a lot more fire than I ever have here. I just talk about how and why Buddhist realization is subtler and more complete according to Buddhist texts and teachers. That's all. It's just those that take things personally that have issues. So many drive by shooters with so many ad hom's.

I'm here reluctantly but was asked but a number of people to come back here and talk. So here I am and nothing has changed.

Pea-shooters/Full-lotulists ALERT! Sound the alarm! Ping! Ping! Ting! Oops...

Glad you're back Vaj. I for one respect your mental dexterity and disciplined manners. Dragonfire seems to think i am in your troupe, and DHem thinks i am a Russian chick who has the hots for you, and they are the ones who adhere to (read adore) Full-lotusism, which apparently is the be-all and end-all, according to the 'walking encyclopedia' of O's at a D. With all his intelligence, he cant even tell the difference between a male and female bum... Oh bummer!

Edited by CowTao

Glad you're back Vaj. I for one respect your mental dexterity and disciplined manners. Dragonfire seems to think i am in your troupe, and DHem thinks i am a Russian chick who has the hots for you, and they are the ones who adhere to Full-lotusism, which apparently is the be-all and end-all, according to the 'walking encyclopedia' of O's at a D. With all his intelligence, he cant even tell the difference between a male and female bum... Oh bummer!

Well what I really meant is that modern males are really females.

That includes Vaggie as well! haha. Hence his lower chakra blockage.

But please carry on with all you all high falutin' back-side blow!

I just posted this over at http://realitysandwich.com

This is a good start. The real tantra doesn't need any physical contact. You mention your lover's electrochemical energy -- yes that is the female energy. The male energy is electromagnetic. So the electrochemical energy is the foundation for the practice but it is transduced into electromagnetic energy. This has to be built up which then opens up the middle of the brain as biophoton or laser energy. So, for example, "chi" is a catch-all term -- specifically chi means electromagnetic but when chi is transmitted externally it also means a combination of the electrochemical (jing), the electromagnetic (chi) and the laser energy (shen). A good overview book on this is Dr. David Palmer's "Qigong Fever."

Anyway so once the "macrocosmic orbit" is achieved then the male transmits the electromagnetic energy externally out of the pineal gland -- and it's powered by the electrochemical energy via the relaxation vagus nerve. So the male learns how to have internal climaxes via the vagus nerve which is also how the female has internal climaxes.

After about 10 mutual climaxes then the heart chakra opens up and it is true love -- magnetic love -- inseparable physical attraction as total bliss. But this is called "over-excitement" in Taoism because it's the conversion of the electrochemical into the electromagnetic. So you still have the same opposite reaction - the true broken heart from love.

The way to deepen the practice is through the lungs which are normally sadness but through alchemy get turned into the energy of courage. So people who smoke suffer from depression due to lung damage. But the over-excitement of the heart combined with the slowed breathing of the lungs through meditation creates compassion which is a deeper type of love, combined with sadness and courage. As that deepens the amplitude energy of the body then the frequency increases for stronger electromagnetic synchronization.

The Femme Fatale is the ultimate example of the Goddess as what Camille Paglia called the "Fourth Eye" -- that cold logic that will love 'em and leave 'em. But beyond the broken heart is the reality of pure consciousness -- just as "kala" means time while "Kali" is the creator as destroyer -- since time is really a spiral. In the West Kronos is Time while Chronos means consciousness, while tantric equivalent is Metis.

Anyway the "small universe" practice taught by Mantak Chia is the foundation for the alchemical creation of the electromagnetic fields. Whether you build up the energy with another person or not depends on how deep your partner is willing to go. There's a variety of alternatives depending on diet or around what people you practice, etc.

Edited by drewhempel
  • Like 1

But please carry on with all you all high falutin' back-side blow!

I just posted this over at http://realitysandwich.com

This is a good start. The real tantra doesn't need any physical contact. You mention your lover's electrochemical energy -- yes that is the female energy. The male energy is electromagnetic. So the electrochemical energy is the foundation for the practice but it is transduced into electromagnetic energy. This has to be built up which then opens up the middle of the brain as biophoton or laser energy. So, for example, "chi" is a catch-all term -- specifically chi means electromagnetic but when chi is transmitted externally it also means a combination of the electrochemical (jing), the electromagnetic (chi) and the laser energy (shen). A good overview book on this is Dr. David Palmer's "Qigong Fever."

Anyway so once the "macrocosmic orbit" is achieved then the male transmits the electromagnetic energy externally out of the pineal gland -- and it's powered by the electrochemical energy via the relaxation vagus nerve. So the male learns how to have internal climaxes via the vagus nerve which is also how the female has internal climaxes.

After about 10 mutual climaxes then the heart chakra opens up and it is true love -- magnetic love -- inseparable physical attraction as total bliss. But this is called "over-excitement" in Taoism because it's the conversion of the electrochemical into the electromagnetic. So you still have the same opposite reaction - the true broken heart from love.

The way to deepen the practice is through the lungs which are normally sadness but through alchemy get turned into the energy of courage. So people who smoke suffer from depression due to lung damage. But the over-excitement of the heart combined with the slowed breathing of the lungs through meditation creates compassion which is a deeper type of love, combined with sadness and courage. As that deepens the amplitude energy of the body then the frequency increases for stronger electromagnetic synchronization.

The Femme Fatale is the ultimate example of the Goddess as what Camille Paglia called the "Fourth Eye" -- that cold logic that will love 'em and leave 'em. But beyond the broken heart is the reality of pure consciousness -- just as "kala" means time while "Kali" is the creator as destroyer -- since time is really a spiral. In the West Kronos is Time while Chronos means consciousness, while tantric equivalent is Metis.

Anyway the "small universe" practice taught by Mantak Chia is the foundation for the alchemical creation of the electromagnetic fields. Whether you build up the energy with another person or not depends on how deep your partner is willing to go. There's a variety of alternatives depending on diet or around what people you practice, etc.

Nah...too convoluted i'm afraid. Sorry, but thanks all the same. You DO realize that in essence what you're doing here, and what you have flung at others by way of accusations, are exactly the same? Guess you will never see that, which is rather strange. Perhaps a touch of intelligent semi-blindness dont you think, which could also be interpreted as ignorance? You are preaching too without the guts to face the truth of it. Fasting, full-lotus blah blah blah - what is new in your park DH?

Nah...too convoluted i'm afraid. Sorry, but thanks all the same. You DO realize that in essence what you're doing here, and what you have flung at others by way of accusations, are exactly the same? Guess you will never see that, which is rather strange. Perhaps a touch of intelligent semi-blindness dont you think, which could also be interpreted as ignorance? You are preaching too without the guts to face the truth of it. Fasting, full-lotus blah blah blah - what is new in your park DH?

Full lotus is fun! haha.

There is a secret to repetition that is ever-changing, ever-new. In science it's called a "fractal" but it's just a nonlinear harmonic oscillator with 3 terms, one of which is diverging.

Yep -- just sit in full lotus ! Easy and no need for all these vapid discussions about

which Monty Python Leftist faction is best....

OOps -- I mean which religious subdoctrine is the best.....

That is precisely what i said - you lack the ability to see the (very apparent) differences.

There is a secret to repetition that is ever-changing, ever-new. In science it's called a "fractal" but it's just a nonlinear harmonic oscillator with 3 terms, one of which is diverging.

In plain English this secret is also called, "Same dung different day." :lol:

Obviously, you have some agenda to evangelize to the heathens on this forum. :lol: Thank you for being here reluctant Buddhaji.

ralis

Edited by ralis

I'm too lazy to go back through to disprove your denial of your 'fire breathing' exhibits, but you have done so numerous times. I don't pick up that you're here reluctantly except that you no longer put up 40-50 long rambling times per day. And be specific...a"a number of people"? Come on...How many exactly? 2 or 3? I don't see why they should not step forward in support of your preaching. Admit it or deny it, you remain a very divisive force here, Vaj. You stir up trouble and then step back innocently saying "What, me?? I'm just here to discuss the Buddha's teaching, that's all."

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

My lower chakras are quite open, and sometimes I have to block them from people like you. You are so caught up in projecting through them, that you cannot read a thing passed your pre-conceptions and limited mental dogmas. I experienced what you call O's at a D, so long ago. They are not the end all be all, they are nice and still happen for me, but you are so enmeshed in the sensations of the lower meditative states that you are confused about how conditioned your experiences actually are.

Sorry... you can't read me.

Also, when I talk on here, I talk through my heart and throat chakras and bandha my lower chakras so that the computer energy doesn't invade my body too much. So, yes... my inner voice is going to be more high pitched and not from my belly while typing on here.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Glad you're back Vaj. I for one respect your mental dexterity and disciplined manners. Dragonfire seems to think i am in your troupe, and DHem thinks i am a Russian chick who has the hots for you, and they are the ones who adhere to (read adore) Full-lotusism, which apparently is the be-all and end-all, according to the 'walking encyclopedia' of O's at a D. With all his intelligence, he cant even tell the difference between a male and female bum... Oh bummer!

CowTao,

Drew is kind of schizophrenic. His subconscious mind projects so fast, he can't tell whether he is experiencing the truth or he's just experiencing the mirroring back of his own sub-conscious projections. It's a sign of a creative mind, but not a clear mind. He is stuck in inner bliss bhandas and the sensations of the lower Jhanas. He thinks he is psychic and he is only partially psychic. There is too much pride for him to decipher between his projections and the reality of what he is reading as they are both enmeshed so he thinks he is always right about what he reads when he's not completely correct.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Come on...How many exactly? 2 or 3?

Only about 6 or 7 maybe. More than the people who like to bash actually. They seem mostly to be shy though about posting and are mostly readers.

Take care and may your inner songs take you closer to your inner Earth.

CowTao,

Drew is kind of schizophrenic. His subconscious mind projects so fast, he can't tell whether he is experiencing the truth or he's just experiencing the mirroring back of his own sub-conscious projections. It's a sign of a creative mind, but not a clear mind. He is stuck in inner bliss bhandas and the sensations of the lower Jhanas. He thinks he is psychic and he is only partially psychic. There is too much pride for him to decipher between his projections and the reality of what he is reading as they are both enmeshed so he thinks he is always right about what he reads when he's not completely correct.

Are you a psychologist? Your use of the term schizophrenic is inappropriate! Furthermore, you haven't a clue as to what that disease truly is. You are arrogant to the extreme!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

ralis

Edited by ralis

Are you a psychologist? Your use of the term schizophrenic is inappropriate! Furthermore, you haven't a clue as to what that disease truly is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

ralis

Certain words changed in the above quote to more closely reflect the facts. (And then changed again -Mal)

Actually I know more about Schizophrenia directly from psychologists than you think. I also have friends in neurobiology and cognitive science who are getting their masters degrees and we have many discussions in person and on facebook pm's.

From Google/health

"Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it difficult to tell

the difference between real and unreal experiences"

So what I said completely applies to Drew and his arrogant statements about me and plenty of others in here.