thelerner

Board Suggestions

If there is time and if its not a huge effort, I'd love to see the Personal Discussion section 'cleaned up'. People who haven't written in years or have never written should be placed in limbo or at put to the bottom. Likewise those who have the most active discussion sites should be placed closer to the top.

My 2 cents

Michael

Great call. I agree that new posts in any thread should automatically bump it to the top - just like all the other subforums.

Another unrelated suggestion is to allow posts & threads to be rated by any member. This would provide some (entirely subjective) community feedback & maybe save a few "I agree/disagree" posts...

Hi. I'm happy for my ppf to stay where it is. When I look at the place to find it amongst all the names, it's greyed out and always in the same place, so it's easy.

When I come to the board I click on 'find new posts' so I dont have to go looking to see if anyone has added anything..

Maybe it'd be good board feng shui, though, to do some clearing. But living amongst ghosts is fine by me. They were here, and now they've gone, just like the leader of the pack.

vroom, vroooom.

I wouldn't support ratings. Things get contentious enough sometimes without people voting, lobbying and taking sides.

The Bums have thrown the original 'Blogs' into a separate holding pen in the past. I could see doing that with old or untouched personal section blogs.

Michael

I wouldn't support ratings. Things get contentious enough sometimes without people voting, lobbying and taking sides.

The Bums have thrown the original 'Blogs' into a separate holding pen in the past. I could see doing that with old or untouched personal section blogs.

Michael

I am against ratings because I would rather hear the counter argument than just some kind of popularity vote. After all the least popular post might be the most correct. What does it tell us if x no. people give it the thumbs down or whatever? Not much.

Perhaps the easiest way to "alter" the personal practice section is to every now and then move down the folders that haven't had a post for a few years.

Eventually that will bubble sort the list into long tern active members at the top, while still retaining peoples sections for prosperity at the bottom of the list (or in a sub folder at the top)

But it's a BIG change to the current "I know my place in the list" so I'm not going to change it without further discussion. Basically just posting here to let people know I do consider this now and then :)

(and while I did delete Michael's original post editing the thread title, at least this time I found the original post still in the browser cache :lol: must stop doing that)

Cool idea copied from another thread

What would happen if an email was sent to the inactive users about their personal practice page being removed? I think that if the page hasn't been used for more than 18 months it's safe to remove it after they have been asked if they still want their PPP and they either don't respond within a month or say no.

Didn't want to bump the other thread off the front page by posting here, so sorry for the delay.

I won't be deleting personal practice sections, no real need to do that.

But it would be easy enough to move the inactive ones into another folder. Since there is a little light that goes on when there is an unread post. A folder something like

The Dark Corner

inactive personal practice discussions

could be made and every now and then I could drag folders with no responses for a year into there. Easy enough to move them back if their owners returned and less work than sending emails and keeping track of replies. I like easy options :D like chronological order of creation. The system does that automatically, so no need to move things around by hand

Well that was fun :angry:

Re-sorted into alphabetical by hand in the control panel and the changes didn't come across....

Obviously more experimentation required before I try that again.