Sign in to follow this  
~jK~

The Coming War of Words aimed at recreating a new Dark Ages for Humanity.

Marble one,

The Tao was created to make Order from Chaos.

Now - it is your turn - I am curious where you are going with it.

Okay. So here I am. And it is my turn.

Tao was not created. Tao (everything) has always existed. A discordian will tell you that there is no order - there is only chaos. For there to be order the future would be predictable. I suggest that the future cannot be predicted with any amount of certainty. Therefore chaos rules. Man only thinks there is order because we think we can predict the future by manipulating nature. We loose every time.

Peace & Love!

The great scientist Max Planck may have said it best: "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." This quotation is sometimes paraphrased more succinctly: "Science advances one funeral at a time."

What I am working toward is a change in focus from Religious methods AKA: Belief/Superstitious reasoning in posts to using provable AKA outsourced information borderlining on facts.

I repeat: Now - it is your turn - I am curious where you are going with it.

Okay. That is a worthy endeavor.

I am sure you are aware that I do not hold to any religion or superstition so I suppose that I am already at the point you wish to lead others.

I am an avid believer in and follower of the scientific method. Taoist philosophy is consistent with the scientific method. We are frequently told to observe and learn from our observations and then we are told that if we live within the processes of nature (science) we will have the best chance of living our life to its full potential.

Peace & Love!

Okay.

So can we talk about what the study of philosophy (and science) means to us, the individual, and why we should avoid allowing or keeping religion and superstition as a part of our belief system?

Peace & Love!

Marble one,

The Tao was created to make Order from Chaos.

Now - it is your turn - I am curious where you are going with it.

"The Tao was created".....

are you serious?

by whom?

or what

was the tao created?

This is probably just a poor choice of words, but let's wait and see....

Here's a stab at something. It's what I've kind of understood so far.

Before Tao? Can't go there for now.

Tao brought itself into awareness (that would be through us and all the other 10 thousand things)

Through observation and play (and other less pleasant things), we can know it. Through observation and play (and other less pleasant things), Tao gets to know itself (I should say "herself" but it isn't really coloured in that way)

It's not a "creation" as in a "shacka-boom-shacka" creation, more of an ongoing. Of course, I can't talk about the true Tao :huh: But I can try :lol:

And just as an OT, the 7-day worldly creation story reminds me of, yep, chakras.

Observation is the key to the scientific method.

Yeah, then sometimes we get lazy and use proxies for that and it turns out badly for lots of people (and very well for others).

You haven't read the book?

I'll give you-all a little hint: Once you figure out what 'the book' is, look for who wrote it. :wacko:

that is a very evasive answer

I do not remember anything in "the book" relating to the tao being created

you sound like some sort of snooty elitist intellectual

what does "the book" say about that?

It was not Confucious, it was the American philosopher/sociologist George Santayana who said "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

JK is a awesome example of a "scholar taoist". All of his posts reek of academia over actual aptitude, elitist ego-babble over experience. Very sad. He, however, is not the only one who posts despite never practicing. He cannot distinguish the difference of what is learned from his "books" and what is learned from actual "experience". Trying to intellectualize the Tao is an illusory path. A road downward of ego inflation. A rat will never understand the sky as the bird does. A skunk will never fathom the depths of the fish's sea.

And a 'fizix' has lived my life so that it can be my judge. NOT.

In reality, what I have done is to sacrifice tremendously to find the truth through both experience and learning at a level that the vast majority of you will never even be able to glimpse.

Think this, my girlfriend, of over 10 years, has a masters in Chinese philosophy from the world renown Chinese University of Hong Kong http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/english/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_University_of_Hong_Kong

I wonder how many of you that see the computer keyboard as a sex object can ever even afford the air ticket to China, let alone the cost to live here long enough, to learn beyond what is spoon fed you on the USA's nightly news...

Remember Lao Tzu? He was the head Librarian of China - A Scholar ?

What is more than obvious is that too many are becoming prime examples of what USA is beginning to symbolize to the world: A very ignorant, uneducated, Bad Joke.

Take a look in the mirror of your life.

Its quite difficult not to be critical, unappreciative and suspicious of posts that demean/belittle others through emphasizing one's own experiences as above the majority of others deemed less fortunate.

For all your pompous assertions alluding to your elevated experiential prowess gleaned from years of living in China, you have failed to grasp one of the most fundamental principle of the Tao, which will be very explicit to those who truly 'live' the Way. If you are such a one, you will see it too, and hopefully wake up, but if you do not see it, then all your time and effort spent in thinking you are somehow extra fortunate to be in a such an advantaged locale, and all your practice, would have been in vain.

Of course, you create your own destiny.. we all do, but then, at the end of the day, we all meet and exit thru the same gate. Unless you think you are somehow going to exit via a different, more exclusive one, then it might pay to remember this.

Irish ?

I'm a dislocated Scot.

Read your writing and apply it to you.

Currently you are likened to a pitiful drunk:

Trying to persuade others to follow you for another bottle.

I make my own life - You should try to do the same for your life.

I work very long and hard for what I take home.

Very few will ever comprehend the Tao,

You are definately not one.

Not Now, maybe never.

You are no teacher.

Make you first.

Learn

I do not drink.

Irish, Scottish, American, Indian, Chinese, English... everyone enters and exit thru the same point.

The Way is a process of continuous comprehension. Whomsoever says it can be comprehended is stuck.

I am no teacher, and neither are you. But then, i Know i am not one... Do you?

I am not Irish. I am no body.

Sign in to follow this