GrandTrinity

Shamanic Tiger Qi Gong

I have been thoroughly enjoying this form, and the book is amazing too, anyone else? I was sent two copies of the DVD by accident, in case we have a bum here who like to bum it off me...this form has SUUUCH great lineage chi...doing it after Qigong recharge yesterday, on both directions, was almost too much, today, I feel great, and my balls are pulsing, a realllly powerful form indeed!

I have been thoroughly enjoying this form, and the book is amazing too, anyone else? I was sent two copies of the DVD by accident, in case we have a bum here who like to bum it off me...this form has SUUUCH great lineage chi...doing it after Qigong recharge yesterday, on both directions, was almost too much, today, I feel great, and my balls are pulsing, a realllly powerful form indeed!

Can you describe some of the main points of this chigung? Why are your balls pulsing? Curious if it is doing some kind of pressure breathing or fascia manipulation..

GT

I have had the great good fortune of studying with Master Wu here in Portland since early February.

I have no hesitation in acknowledging him as a master.

I am learning his Shamanic orbit Chi kung which is a method of opening the channels using mudra and mantra.

Actually the Mantra's are really more like tones for sending vibrations for different purposes.

I am also learning his Fire Dragon Chi Kung which is a really beautiful meridian opening chikung with some intricate movements. I especially like the combination of practicing chikung while in a challenging deep horse stance. A workout and chi opening blissful experience at the same time.

I have his book and video on Tiger chi kung and they are very good. My plan is to take on this much longer form of tiger chikung after I have really integrated the other two shorter forms. I want to study deeply all that he has to offer.

And all those of you out there who have the funds, please support master Wu with your purchase, you will not be dissappointed. Check out his website at http://www.masterwu.net/

Craig

I was planning on getting the DVD sooner or later. I'll make it sooner. Cool, that you study with him Live Craig.

I was planning on getting the DVD sooner or later. I'll make it sooner. Cool, that you study with him Live Craig.

I was thinking the book might be better. There's a clip on the dragondoor website. If he's just showing the movements it would be cool as a reference, however as I think many of us have been exposed to so many chigungs and internal martial arts, I'd rather read his descriptions of what is happening internally.

I might download the electronic copy..

T

Yes, visit dragondoor.com and support master wu!

He is the man!

Definetly get the book and look at the moves, he also talks about other universal things. You will want to get the video transmission for sure. Look at the reviews for this baby, all the best qi gong white-boys love him.

I'm wondering what the fire dragon is like and his other techniques, do you recommend getting the booklet people were talking about before? You say the fire dragon is not as long as the Tiger?

Wu will be in Asheville teaching the Shamanic Orbit and Tiger forms April 1-5.

Cosmic Chi Center

Michael Malone & Teresa Gibbs

visit artsofliving.com

828-299-7865

is it a very complex form or is it simply, does the book cover anything else like meditation etc etc..

Hey, so I was skeptical as hell. However, I have to say after downloading his book, that it's a real pleasure to read.

You are not going to find any great technical secrets revealed in there. But it's something I feel if a beginner started reading, they would be on a great start. I can't say that about most of the qigong books out there.

There's a lot of great information on chinese superstition thinking, which I like to read about (not because I believe in it per se, but because if you understand it and appreciate it, you can gain some understanding of the language and mindset of alot of the oldtimers). Also, if you are interested in the history and stories behind the chinese characters, get this book just for that.

Master Wu's sincerity comes off the pages. This is somebody I would make an effort to meet and study with if I could. If you remember I once asked if there were any sources that were non-mantakchia, well this guy is it.

I'm looking forward to meeting him one day.

T

Yes, visit dragondoor.com and support master wu!

He is the man!

Definetly get the book and look at the moves, he also talks about other universal things. You will want to get the video transmission for sure. Look at the reviews for this baby, all the best qi gong white-boys love him.

I'm wondering what the fire dragon is like and his other techniques, do you recommend getting the booklet people were talking about before? You say the fire dragon is not as long as the Tiger?

About Shamani Tiger Chi Kung - Book and Movie.

After taking a few classes with Master Wu I purchased his book. I had begun to study shamanic orbit chikung and FireDragon Chikung and mentioned to him that maybe I should refrain from beginning to study the Shamanic Tiger chikung, his reply was that the book had a lot of philosophy, and so I could get something out of it more than just to begin studying the tiger form. His perspective is correct - naturally he would know wouldn't he? I enjoy the book. I haven't really used it for the moves, but the discussion of the meaning of the moves is really good stuff which wouldn't fit into the DVD.

The DVD is EXCELLENT. Good production value too.

The form is amazing to watch. I have not started to practice it yet as I feel I need to work the other material first. If you want to learn the form primarily, get the DVD and then if called to explore deeper, get the Book. If you want to know a bit more of where Master Wu is coming from primarily, then get the book.

The form is complex. After watching it I read somewhere on his website or on Amazon that this was a 24 movement form. This makes is sound simpler than what is my perception on watching it. Of course complexity of forms is a relative thing. If you do TaiChi longform maybe this is not terribly difficult.

For me it is a big piece to chew on.

Regarding- FIREDRAGON Chi Kung.

I don't know if he lists it on his website, but he does have a DVD of the form. It seems tohave been done privately, but it is good enough quality to learn from. I am sure if you contact Master Wu he will be able to offer this. This is a simple meridian chikung form, and it is also not so simple.

To contrast and compare with M.Winns 8extra vessels chikung form (which I also love) I would say that the end result of the practice is a nice flow, but that M.Wu's form is MUCH MORE physically challenging and works the body more on a structural muscular level. whereas M.Winns 8Xtra form goes more extensively into all the channels and the core channel with intention and movement guidance, it does so while remaining quite still physically.

This form moves the body around quite a bit and if done properly is in quite a DEEP horse stance. Being a martial artist I naturally strive to match M.Wu's movements, and it has been KICKING MY ASS. Net result is that my body feels good and my chi is flowing after doing this form. First time I have really felt worked out and charged up with chi simultaneously to such a great extent. though I have experienced this to a lesser degree with other internal MA training (Bagua/Hsing I etc.)

This form is also not simple and it has some beautiful movement that shifts you from side to side and up and down. Like any internal MA, there is a lot going on in even the small movements. So, now that I have the framework down there is a lot of filling in to do!

Re-Shamanic orbit chi kung.

Nothing available but the pamphlett (Kudo's to M.Teeter who I just realized was credited in that pamphlett)

I am still learning this form. It is GOOD stuff and I hope M.Wu puts it to DVD sometime, though this is much more internal and still than the other forms mentioned, and is in a way more of a meditation form.

Just learning the first sound (mantra) which he teaches is great for opening up the front channel and sinking your chi.

More on this form later as I get more into it.

Cheers

Craig

There is a DVD for the Wu's Fire Dragon form. It was made here in Asheville a couple of years ago and at the same time the Shamanic Orbit was taped. I would not attempt to learn the Fire Dragon from DVD though. It's rather complicated and you want the direct live transmittion.

I did put the Shamainc Orbit booklet together for Wu a couple of years ago. It was his first publication in English. We stayed up for 3 days doing it then played music for a couple of days before the NQA conference. I just mixed down the music sessions, still deciding what to do with it.

Yea Craig, i too aspire to move like Wu. He carries himself with a certain inspiring grace and fluidity.

qi

:-)

There is a DVD for the Wu's Fire Dragon form. It was made here in Asheville a couple of years ago and at the same time the Shamanic Orbit was taped. I would not attempt to learn the Fire Dragon from DVD though. It's rather complicated and you want the direct live transmittion.

I did put the Shamainc Orbit booklet together for Wu a couple of years ago. It was his first publication in English. We stayed up for 3 days doing it then played music for a couple of days before the NQA conference. I just mixed down the music sessions, still deciding what to do with it.

Yea Craig, i too aspire to move like Wu. He carries himself with a certain inspiring grace and fluidity.

qi

:-)

Thanks for you input.

As I mentioned before your mileage may vary as far as what you can get from studying a video image.

I think this form is very learnable from the tape and it has helped very much for me to get the form.

When is the last time you were able to pause the teacher any time you want to study the intricacy of the movements. Remember we are talking to Taobums all over the world here. I heartily recommend getting the DVD if that calls to you.

By the way, someone else on this Forum was talking about doing the Tiger form from the DVD and that is MUCH more complex than the Fire Dragon chikung.

Music, I like his music so much I even put his DVD in and just left the intro playing on my computer in my hotel room while doing other things.

I'm off to study with him in a couple of hours. Any yes I feel priveledged and grateful for the oppurtunity.

May we meet again soon. Just haven't been able to come up with a good enough excuse to go on a jaunt to Asheville yet.

Cheers

Craig

I have been working on this form for a month or so and I really love it.

I am a bit of a qigong newb as my only other experience is with Winns fundamentals 1,I do 5 animals every morning.

The tiger qigong is really different.Its great for the shoulders,elbows and wrists. It gives me a charged up energy feeling even restless sometimes where 5 animals is relaxing.Once when I was doing bi-naural beat meditation afterwards it I felt like energy was flowing through my arms and legs.It also makes me feel really pumped or strong in my diapram,ribcage and lungs.

I think I may switch to shamanic tiger in the morning and 5 animals in the evening.

I did this form today for the first time at qigong center 1 on 1 with an instructor, first time doing this type of qigong i thought it was silly at first and wierd that I was the only one who showed up but i kept an open mind and by the end of it I was in deep stillness and balanced and clean energy. I have anxiety/depression on a regular basis and this allieviated it almost completely and i felt some deep peace and happiness, affects still going hours afterwords, I really enjoyed it. The guy I learned it from has been doing Tai chi and qi gong for 36 years and studied directly a few times with Wu. I will be doing it every saturday morning and am definitely looking forward to it, I have the book as well I downloaded it from theoccult.bz, this is a really old post but thought I would throw this out there. Wu seems to be endorsed by a lot of the big name tai chi and qi gong people.

I would like it if it's still available.

Grand Trinity hasn't been around here since about 07, but i wouldn't mind loaning you my copy if you like. it's fairly easy to learn. i memorized the whole form in about an hour. and with your experience, it should prove just as easy to digest.

truthfully, i find it to be quite stunning when done well. it's a beautiful form. and once you have it memorized, be sure to add a natural flow element to it. experiment with how it speaks to you.

of course, it would be great if you had a nice video to loan me in exchange? ;)

send me a message. i'll send it out monday if you give me your address.

Wu seems to be endorsed by a lot of the big name tai chi and qi gong people.

And with good reason...

Well, I have his DVD on the Tiger Qigong and honestly I couldn't get through it.. it's sitting on my shelf right now. I had learned a different version from another teacher. I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to resonate with me. I also found his website to be "difficult to approach".. if that makes sense. I don't care for esoteric approaches to disseminate this kind of information and I get that "feeling" from his site.

I would like more info from VCraigP of his class style, prices, and more than anything else, what you feel from him while in his presence.

Thanks.

Thanks Craig for the reply,

1. Master Wu is quite expensive or at least way out of my reach. When I first saw his info I was excited and thought I found a good teacher. However, after seeing his prices (lifelong teaching, each module 1500 +) it's way out of my reach.

2. I don't care for esoteric classes. I'm interested in qigong only. I'm not seeing that al-a-carte availability from him.

3. I'm a "proof is in the pudding" guy. I've been around several masters in the 25 years I've been into this who "radiate" qi. These are the guys I seek out. This is why I asked you about how you feel when you're in his presence. It doesn't mean anything to me if he has lineage or is deeply respected by people in China, if nothing is felt in his presence then that's not what I'm looking for.

I apply this standard to other things too. For example, I just recently met with a touted high level Lama. I went to meet with him but in his presence I felt nothing.

4. You mentioned Shaking. Do you know why Master Wu teaches shaking?

5. You mentioned doing forms with low stances. Do you know how Master Wu would bring someone who could not do the low stances up to that level? Does he care to start a student where they should start based on their current condition or does he give everyone the same exercise who comes to him?

6. Now I would be interested in his Bigu training as it's long been an interest of mine but if you look at his prerequisites, you'd need to train with him for 3 years continuously. Plus, pay the prices for his "secret" training. Sorry, can't afford that.

Thanks,