Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Yoda donates three favorite practices to the Bums of Tao.

Comrades,

I thought it would be fun to donate my current favorite practices to the Bums of Tao.

They are:

Key Sound CD from multiples.com--sexual practice

Primordial DVD from M. Winn--moving chikung

White Skeleton pamphlet from Bill Bodri--meditation/visualization

I bought White Skeleton in ebook form, but Bill Bodri asks that it be treated like a regular book in terms of sharing it with others so I won't just cut and paste it here.

Anyone is free to own and then pass on these copies to any other Tao Bums. A non-TaoBum friend has Primordial and he will shortly send it on to jsrit and Matthewqi currently owns the Key Sound and I have the White Skeleton.

-Yoda

Really great idea Yoda. Can I borrow White Skeleton?

Maybe I can find some decent open source library software and throw it up on taobums. That way each of us could put in the books/tapes/etc. we are willing to lend, and we could keep track of what's available, what's in circulation, etc.

I'll look into this.

Sean.

[edit] Oh yeah, and I'd love to get in line for borrowing Primordial as well. I've been looking forward to trying that practice for awhile now.

Send me your address and I'll ship out white skeleton right now.

I'm conflicted about just posting WSM--it's a cool practice and I'd like all the Tao Bums to at least read it and post feedback, but Bodri asks that it not be mass distributed like that. I'm constantly lending out/giving away cool books and DVDs so I decided to treat it with my other two favs the same way. As the keeper of the website, you would be the logical librarian if you were interested and let the practices rest with you or you just have a page telling fellow bums who has the particular practice they'd like to check out.

I'm reading the Sedona stuff a page or two here and there. Sometimes I feel like I understand it and sometimes I don't. I'll spend some time with them over the holidays.

-Yoda

I can appreciate your conflicts about posting WSM. I don't think it would be right either since that would be closer to "public distribution" than "lending". But you purchased WSM in a digital format correct? I'm not sure if the borrowing process, legally or as preferred by Bodri, has to be taken to the extreme of printing out material to send snail-mail when the material was originally purchased and transmitted in digital format. Perhaps we can use the honor system for loaning digital materials. How do these rules sound for the loaning of digital materials on Taobums:

1) Only the person who originally purchased the digital material can lend it to another person. This is in contrast to a DVD, for example, where if you owned it, you could lend it to me and then when I'm done I could lend it to Pietro. For digital materials that you own, once I'm done with it I "give it back" by complying with part two.

2) Borrower must destroy copies, electronic and otherwise after loan period is over.[/b]

While this may seem extreme to some, and perhaps lax to others, I think it reaches a good middle ground. Of course it relies on the honor system, but so did lending materials pre-Internet as duplication methods have probably existed as long as copyright laws, ie: duplicating audio/video tapes, Xerox'ing books, etc.

Here's a blurb from a Cnet article:

"Content distributors also need to remember that, long before the Internet appeared, users were lending records to each other, making tapes of recordings and sharing them, sharing good books, and borrowing books and recordings from libraries. Some level of sharing is inherent in the process and must simply be accepted. "

What do you think?

Sean.

Sean,

I hear what you are saying and I've been through a kazaa phase myself, but in this case it's only a few pages and one stamp away--I like the idea of my little Christmas present to the TaoBums being a hardcopy. What's your address?

-Yoda

I'll PM you with my address.

I don't think the rules I suggested are analogous to a "kazaa phase". But I do like the idea of circulating hardcopy. So now I'll have your printout of WSM and I can send it back to you or loan it to someone else when I'm done, right?

Just hold on to it until someone else wants it. Same way with multiples and primordial. You'll like it!

-Yoda

however, current copyright law is au contrair. And I respect that these are the current rules we all need to abide by at this time and I appreciate the time he took to researching and writing it up!

We all actually own nothing and the sooner society comes to this understanding, the sooner we will all be collectively "closer" to the Tao, and much happier :)

I started it the other day. For those of you who know me a bit, you know I am pretty sensitive. Well this was no exception.

I was excited to listen to the CD. About an hour before, I noticed this painful feeling just below my sack but just above the perineum. Pretty uncomfortable. Anyway, started listening to the CD and that area started to tingle and I just felt this orgasm building. He later talked about that being a very "hot" spot and how different areas open up and sensations to watch for. (Sorry, I am sensitive, and I also pick up tons of shit from others so it all isn't a walk in the park). Anyway, it seems a bit complicated but within reach for those who are going to stick with it. I am going to stick with it until I experience the waves via this technique. Now the thing that has me going on this, besides the obvious, is to see if this experience is the same as the "spirtual waves of bliss". Jack, the person who put out the CD, says that this experience is independant, yes independant, of ejaculation or non ejaculation (but seems stronger when people don't ejaculate). He talks about how this is embedded in our DNA and how during this "process" one may experience "fur balls" (my words = karma or crap, old issues, etc.) that need to be worked through and to do so before proceeding. Well, he doesn't come right out and say anything "spiritual" but to me it seems to clearly be what this is all about.

When I hit the waves through this technique, I will let everyone know. And I thank Yoda for bringing this great find to everyone's attention!

Inner Peace,

Matt

LETS HAVE A LIBRARY O TEXTS N FILES. MANY BELLONG TO DA PUBLIC DOMAIN. IF SOME DONT, WE CAN ENCRYPT EM N EXCHANGE DA PASSWORD ONLY BETWEEN US SO IT'S ONLY OUR GODDAM BIZNESS WHAT DA CONTENT IS.

SEAN CAN EITHER SET UP AN UPLOAD FORM, OR MORE SECURELY WE CAN EMAIL DA BOOK OR FILE TO HIM N HE WILL DECCIDE WHETHER TO UPLOAD IT IN DA LIBRARY N WHETHER TO ENCRYPT IT.

RJ

I'd say for the time being, just wing it. Don't send off anything that you have to see again. Taobums now has 2 Keysounds! What is your experience of it? I can always get pleasant echo effects, but only very rarely catch a big wave.

-Yoda

LETS HAVE A LIBRARY O TEXTS N FILES. MANY BELLONG TO DA PUBLIC DOMAIN. IF SOME DONT, WE CAN ENCRYPT EM N EXCHANGE DA PASSWORD ONLY BETWEEN US SO IT'S ONLY OUR GODDAM BIZNESS WHAT DA CONTENT IS.

If we had a password protected download page we wouldn't need encryption. For the public domain etexts we can put them on wiki.

I don't think Bodri would like the sharing of his books electronically, and it would be real easy just to make a copy. For CDs it would be real easy to encode them in mp3 or a really compressed format like a real .rm file to save bandwith. The question is how close to the letter of the law do want to stay? And if taobums becomes a place of distributing copyrighted texts it could open up sean to being sued.

For Sean's mental health, we should play it totally straight. Who knows... any one of us could go crazy from jing retention, find Jesus and turn us all into the copyright cops!

-Yoda

For Sean's mental health, we should play it totally straight. Who knows... any one of us could go crazy from jing retention, find Jesus and turn us all into the copyright cops! -Yoda

hehe :lol:

I agree Yoda.

Matthew,

As far as I know, most of the money Bill makes is from selling books on spirituality. Not too many people are buying this kind of books in a first place so it's hard to make a living selling them. By paying money for a book you support Bill's work and give him an opportunity to share more knowledge in the form of writing more books we all would appreciate. It applies not just to Bill Bodri but to all the other people that are dependant on the income from e-books. If no one buys from them, they will be forced writing for the mass market (books with title like "How to increase your penis size in 3 easy steps"- something only Ron or Plato would buy). Or they'd have to find a "real" job in a corporate world. Either way we all lose.

We all actually own nothing and the sooner society comes to this understanding, the sooner we will all be collectively "closer" to the Tao, and much happier.

You are right about that. Although, when it comes to this point, there is not going to be such thing as "society".

:wink:

that people can say, hey, I got some stuff on xyz, anyone interested. Or where people can say, hey interested in xyz, anyone got anything to share? I think it pretty much has to be an honor system. And I suspect that this won't be a problem with this group :) Perhaps we can just post offline to share stuff and Sean can put a disclaimer about people taking individual responsibilty for copyright matters. I look at this situation as a situation of friends sharing stuff. I mean we are less than 30 some odd members??? This isn't exactly prime time :) However, if something gets "endorsed" here either individually or collectively, that will ultimately result in more sales for whoever is selling the stuff we review. Which is another spin we might consider pitching to the owners of the material we wish to reivew and if we endorse it, well, hey, that is good for everyone.

Just and idea...

Matt

PS. I am willing to share everything that I have in this context. Hey, I just lent out my personally signed David Twicken "Spiritual Alchemy" to a person that was very interested in it. And you know what, someone who embraces it will buy it even after they borrow it from a friend!!!! And for a niche "market" there is no better marketing than word of mouth or a net group like ours.

I will share all that I have and all that I have experienced with anyone willing to learn / listen. Not saying I want to be someones teacher or have all the time in the world, but, I have most of the HT stuff and more. Plus, a bit of personal experience;) I would be happy to lend stuff to my fellow brethren here...

Another approach is a second hand market section. As far as I know of, there is nothing illegal about reselling something that you legitemately purchased. So we could sell stuff for a dollar with the intention that it be passed on to someone else here...

Any lawyers out there that can comment????

Inner Peace,

Matt

Hey guys, just to let you know I've spent the majority of the day beta testing Open Source software for tracking multi-user lending. I've narrowed it down to two programs and I should have something going by the end of the week.

I think it's best we not share copyrighted files through Taobums. But Yoda's idea with sticking to hardcopy is great. If you own a legitimate copy of a digital book, you can put it into circulation by printing it and loaning it to a single person. I don't think this practice will hurt authors. In fact it may help. In Bodri's case for example, only his less expensive works will likely get circulated since his more expensive books are probably too long to print. Reading his shorter work may encourage people to purchase his other stuff.

Let's keep talking about legal matters though and try to refine a list of rules/principles to goes by when the circulation-software goes live.

Sean.

LOOK LETS JUST CREATE A LIBRARY O PUBLIC DOMMAIN STUFF, THEN IF TWO MOFOS WANT TO EXCHANGE PRIVATE STUFF THEY STILL CAN VIA PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THERE'S A LOT O COOL PUBLIC DOMMAIN TEXTS OUT THERE, IT'D BE NICE TO COLLECT EM HERE, FOR EXAMPLE I LOVE DA FOLLOWIN:

http://www.ourhollowearth.com/SmokyGod.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext00/bmgds10.txt

http://www.theabsolute.net/ottow/schareng.pdf

http://www.alchemylab.com/golden_flower.htm

http://www.geocities.com/thehiddengate/Lib...essons_toc.html

http://web.mit.edu/port/www/pdf/Hagakure.pdf

http://www.esotericarchives.com/abramelin/...n/abramelin.htm

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/confess/

JUST TO NAME A FEW!!!

RJ

It is definitely not as good idea to send around or duplicate Bodri's stuff. I know because I did it and he knew. I sent out a bunch of copies of White Fat Cow only because the book said to. Soon after that I received emails from him with a copy of the disclaimer statiing you could only send it to one person. So he will know is what I am saying. I had to write an e-mail of apology during which my body weighed a ton and I felt like i was not even writing it. So from my experience it would be best to repect his wishes. All the best.

Jeremy

Hi I would like to check out this stuff from multiples.com

I have digital copies of chia/winn stuff and I feel that these things SHOULD be available on a secure, encrypted server open to people we know, to borrow for educational purposes.

The best program I know right now is called DC++ for file sharing.

...?

by the way, i am aka jsrit from healingtao.com board

Sign in to follow this