xyz

enlighened bruce lee?

ok. i own the tao of jeet kun do dvd and it featured an interview with dan inosanto. he mentioned something that realy got me interested. while he was with bruce he said when he fights an opponent he views the fight from above like a spectator. even to this day he does not know if he was serious with it or not. i could immagine him making those claims in public as a metaphore for being objective but it was a one one one conversation and had not much to gain from saying it to inosanto.

somewhere else on the dvd it said that he predicted movies like crouching tiger hidden dragon 30 years into the future.

any thought on this?

Without knowing all the details, it appears to me, even in a private conversation, to have been meant metaphorical, or imaginative. Like he was taking the imaginative viewpoint of from above, thus a practice in objectivity.

Well he could have been enlightened.

But he also worked in movies, I'm sure worked on choreography, so he had a sense of how a fight would look to a camera from any angle- even his own fights. This probably helped in the moment because it helps you detach from all the feelings and emotions and bodily responses that are going on in the moment and probably making your judgment poor.

And because of his movie career he could probably predict some trends, namely movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

But he was also pretty spiritual/philosophical when it came to his fighting philosophy, so maybe he realized something (sort of like Miyamoto Musashi)

And about the movie prediction: Of course he observed the whole movie business. I've seen documentaries about him where this became clear. He simply had to predict that mystic asian films would become interesting to the west. No wonder ... he himself promoted the 'asian stuff' there.

xyz, it seems you project a lot of imagination into very mundane statements. Or you would have to give us a transcript of what exactly has been said.

there are many things that bruce lee allegadly said,and more often than not,misquoted.strangly enough he did predict one thing.after his death he said something to the effect of(i don't know the exact quote);"after i die,people will want to build shrines to me,and other things i wouldn't like".