Non

teas for blood tonification overall vitality...

I went to the local chinese store the other day and bought these two teas.

I am not sure which one exactly made me feel really good, but its possible both did. I brewed them both in the same cup.

Anyway.. one was a mixture of tienchi ginseng (really good for blood) and salvia, the other was Jue Ming fructus lycii with cassia obtusifolia (jue ming).

The combination made me feel really strong. it instantly refreshed my mind.

Edited by Non

Good to read this. There are many TCM concoctions available for different purposes.

Ginseng is one of the best herbs overall.

Enjoy!

I know the question is closely related but does anyone know of any not so hard to find but effective herbs for the spleen?

Good to read this. There are many TCM concoctions available for different purposes.

Ginseng is one of the best herbs overall.

Enjoy!

Yea well this is not really ginseng, but it's called Tienchi ginseng/pseudoginseng/notoginseng.

Edited by Non

Yea well this is not really ginseng, but it's called Tienchi ginseng/pseudoginseng/notoginseng.

Yes san qi is what is called pseudo ginseng or noto ginseng, it is unique in that it moves blood and stops bleeding as well. sounds contradictory but that is what makes it unique, however, it doesnt build blood.

Real ginseng doesnt build blood either for the most part and is WAAAY to often used by people going to the markets or over the counter. One needs to know their constitution to decide which ginseng is right for them otherwise all it does is cause problems in the long run.

Salvia (i am thinking you mean dan shen as there are other salvia's), if it is dan shen is good to move blood, not tonify it. it is used for many reason but primarily to invigorate the blood to help with clogged arteries, it is so good they have it all by it self as in dan shen teapills. although some have san qi in it as well or bing pian but in very small doses.

Jue ming zi if that is what you mean is good to clear heat, like in liver fire and descends liver yang, also used to lower bp and cholesterol from a western perspective, in chinese medicine though we mostly use it for expelling wind heat (cold/flu with heat signs). The lycii i guess from what you said is the gou qi zi or chinese wolfberry, good for tonifing blood and great for the eyes. put it in stew all the time, its great and more or less harmless.

as far as a spleen tonic herb there are a multitude. if qi needs to be regulated then take something like chen pi (dried tangerine peel), if you need it to be boosted there is a formula call si jun zi tang, 4 herbs, great qi tonifier and used for sp qi xu. has ren shen or ginseng, most use dang shen in it instead and double or triple the dose in the formula, easy to find, bai zhu, easy to find, fu ling, easy to find and gan cao also easy to find. then you have yourself THE sp qi tonic formula. called four gentlemen.

Edited by yuanqi

I realised now. I missed the first word.

About the spleen question: Uva, ursi leaf. It cleanses and strengthens the spleen.

Edited: missed something.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

oh and THE blood formula is si wu tang. add that to the one i posted for qi and you now have 8 treasures. good for qi and blood, however, one needs to be blood def in order to use blood tonics. same thing with qi and everything else. LOL but you asked and si wu tang is the main formula for blood, si jun zi tang is for qi and both together are ba zhen tang.

si wu tang

shu di huang-tonify blood

dang gui-tonify and invig blood, mostly moves it though

bai shao-tonify blood

chuan xiong-move blood

Edited by yuanqi