Ramon25

Outer dissolving

So I have been looking into the outer dissolving meditation. I am a little confused. You do this mediation while standing, i got that. Now the focus is totally on the aura? Outside the physical body right? Totally in the aura?

Also I had question about using inner dissolving to heal joint pain. My knees hurt so..... TO heal them do I do outer dissolving in the aura while standing or do I do inner dissolving on my knees while standing OR SITTING focusing just on the knees? Also i see he recommends starting at the head- and dissolving down BUT if I just want mainly physical benefits can just focusing on the knee and dissolving be a viable option?

thank you

So I have been looking into the outer dissolving meditation. I am a little confused. You do this mediation while standing, i got that. Now the focus is totally on the aura? Outside the physical body right? Totally in the aura?

Also I had question about using inner dissolving to heal joint pain. My knees hurt so..... TO heal them do I do outer dissolving in the aura while standing or do I do inner dissolving on my knees while standing OR SITTING focusing just on the knees? Also i see he recommends starting at the head- and dissolving down BUT if I just want mainly physical benefits can just focusing on the knee and dissolving be a viable option?

thank you

*Disclaimer- I've learned exclusively from the books and my own personal experience, no in person teacher-*

Dissolving can be done at any layer- physical, qi, and down on through. So where you start and where you focus, in my experience, depends on what you want to focus on. If I just want to focus on physical, I'll start at the top of my head and dissolve through to and including the bottom of my feet.

If I want to dissolve my physical and qi bodies, I'll start a little bit above my head and end a little bit below my feet (I basically try to feel as far above or below as I possibly can) and when I dissolve, I release things out as far as I can feel- to the edge of my aura.

The dissolving process can be done standing, sitting, moving, lying down, and during sexual activity- the five modes of life, basically. Standing is good to learn at the beginning because that is the easiest to keep all the alignments in check. Sitting is good for people who don't have the stamina to do long periods of standing practice, but it is easier to fall out of alignment and to sit improperly, so you have to be double vigilant. Lying down can also be tricky in the sense that you can get out of alignment, lose continuous full concentration on what you are doing, and even fall asleep! (good to get rest though, most of us need it anyway!) Moving involves walking meditation, including circle walking. And dissolving during sex harnesses the energy that is aroused during sexual activity.

Now for area specific healing, I have used the dissolving method in a localized place and it works quite well. But be sure to keep a few things in perspective:

1) I always keep at least part of my focus on the dantien, even if I am focused on one other area. In fact, when doing any dissolving anywhere I always keep focus on the dantien, it's just a good rule of thumb, keeps you centered and balanced.

2) I dissolve the general area as well as the specific area that is in pain, and I am sure to get it all "out", as in, dissolve out to the edge of the aura.

3) Have a general awareness of the balance of your body. While you can focus on one specific area, I have found too much dissolving in one area tends to make me feel a little bit off kilter, like I'm too heavy or too light in one area. So after a while, make sure you do a few rounds of dissolving everything that you can, and don't do too much area specific dissolving. Also, dissolving another area can help with the area in question. For a detailed look, I suppose you can find TCM charts of acupuncture points, various meridians, and channels to see what specific areas are connected to the area you want to fix, but I find that it is best to feel it out yourself. Follow the pain, where else in the body is the pain connected to? Dissolve that as well. As you follow it around, you find that you cover most of your body anyway :lol:

And remember at the end to ground out all the energy, as in, release everything into the ground from your feet and hands. And don't immediately get up and go do something after dissolving, take a few minutes to relax and ease your body back into some functioning mode.

A few other points of non dissolving advice:

Take it easy with your body! Your body has tons of natural ability to heal if you just LET it. Don't try to MAKE, instead, LET.

Try not to focus too much on the area that is bothering you- the more attention you give it, the more awareness is drawn to it, and the more problems you will seem to have. Let your body balance itself out.

If you have a normal exercise routine, cut it down for a few days. Take walks. Get lots of fresh air. Examine your diet, and eat healthfully as you can.

Also, I have it made it to inner dissolving, still on the outer dissolving material!

Hope that helped!

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

*Disclaimer- I've learned exclusively from the books and my own personal experience, no in person teacher-*

Dissolving can be done at any layer- physical, qi, and down on through. So where you start and where you focus, in my experience, depends on what you want to focus on. If I just want to focus on physical, I'll start at the top of my head and dissolve through to and including the bottom of my feet.

If I want to dissolve my physical and qi bodies, I'll start a little bit above my head and end a little bit below my feet (I basically try to feel as far above or below as I possibly can) and when I dissolve, I release things out as far as I can feel- to the edge of my aura.

The dissolving process can be done standing, sitting, moving, lying down, and during sexual activity- the five modes of life, basically. Standing is good to learn at the beginning because that is the easiest to keep all the alignments in check. Sitting is good for people who don't have the stamina to do long periods of standing practice, but it is easier to fall out of alignment and to sit improperly, so you have to be double vigilant. Lying down can also be tricky in the sense that you can get out of alignment, lose continuous full concentration on what you are doing, and even fall asleep! (good to get rest though, most of us need it anyway!) Moving involves walking meditation, including circle walking. And dissolving during sex harnesses the energy that is aroused during sexual activity.

Now for area specific healing, I have used the dissolving method in a localized place and it works quite well. But be sure to keep a few things in perspective:

1) I always keep at least part of my focus on the dantien, even if I am focused on one other area. In fact, when doing any dissolving anywhere I always keep focus on the dantien, it's just a good rule of thumb, keeps you centered and balanced.

2) I dissolve the general area as well as the specific area that is in pain, and I am sure to get it all "out", as in, dissolve out to the edge of the aura.

3) Have a general awareness of the balance of your body. While you can focus on one specific area, I have found too much dissolving in one area tends to make me feel a little bit off kilter, like I'm too heavy or too light in one area. So after a while, make sure you do a few rounds of dissolving everything that you can, and don't do too much area specific dissolving. Also, dissolving another area can help with the area in question. For a detailed look, I suppose you can find TCM charts of acupuncture points, various meridians, and channels to see what specific areas are connected to the area you want to fix, but I find that it is best to feel it out yourself. Follow the pain, where else in the body is the pain connected to? Dissolve that as well. As you follow it around, you find that you cover most of your body anyway :lol:

And remember at the end to ground out all the energy, as in, release everything into the ground from your feet and hands. And don't immediately get up and go do something after dissolving, take a few minutes to relax and ease your body back into some functioning mode.

A few other points of non dissolving advice:

Take it easy with your body! Your body has tons of natural ability to heal if you just LET it. Don't try to MAKE, instead, LET.

Try not to focus too much on the area that is bothering you- the more attention you give it, the more awareness is drawn to it, and the more problems you will seem to have. Let your body balance itself out.

If you have a normal exercise routine, cut it down for a few days. Take walks. Get lots of fresh air. Examine your diet, and eat healthfully as you can.

Also, I have it made it to inner dissolving, still on the outer dissolving material!

Hope that helped!

as always great responses sloppy :)

as always great responses sloppy :)

Thanks, but there are definitely much more experienced people on this board with the dissolving method who could probably help you a lot better. Wait around for some of their replies :)

thank you

I haven't learnt this from anyone...only by reading and re-reading BKF's books and what SF Jane shared here...

From what I have understood of this topic, both inner as well as outer dissolving can be used to fix physical problems. Outer dissolving dissipates the blockages out of the body while inner dissolving implodes the energy (of the blockage) into the inner space, and what results is emptiness (or Pure Objectless Consciousness).

Also, Outer dissolving is predominantly used for physical and energetic issues while inner dissolving can be used for physical, energetic, psychic, emotional issues.

Outer dissolving involves breathing into a blockage and then waiting for it to dissolve (Ice to Water) and then evaporate outward, through your aura (Water to Gas)

Inner Dissolving involves focusing your intent/attention to the blockage and waiting for it to dissolve (Ice to Water), to evaporate and then this transforms into emptiness (by imploding into the inner space, as opposed to taking the way out). Given the nature of emotional, psychological and psychic blockages (mainly Thought-based), they are more likely candidates for inner dissolving.

Also, dissolving can be done standing, sitting or laying down.

thank you

Do you know why your knees hurt.

Is it arthritis or structural.

Are you doing some kind of movement incorrectly.

thank you

Hi Ramon, if your knee hurt check your posture. Make sure there is space on the back of the knee. Just put two fingers and open.

Is good if you do this with a friend. Also make sure that the knee fall in line with the foot. Again a friend is important.

A few other things you asked. Yes you do always dissolving from the head down.

you do dissolving always inside your body. Yes, it is possible to dissolve the aura but it is not a beginners practice. I have been doing dissolving for years, and I don't dissolve the aura.

At the beginning do not dissolve inside the brain. After some time you can. How much time? I am not sure, but I think a couple of months will do. Probably much less.

In general for joint pain you need to work on opening and closing. Which is a different practice from dissolving (a different point of the 16 nei gung). But that can be done at the same time. Although you should not do it at the beginning together. Instead really do learn this while sitting. Find someoe who does tui na from Bruce school next to you and ask him to show you how to do opening and closing. Then go home and practice that.

Cheers,

Pietro

LATE EDIT: I realise how unfriendly my entry might look. Coming late, not reading the other entries, and just trying to answer the question. Forgive me for that, I had little time.

Edited by Pietro
  • Like 1

thank you

When you meet with Santiago he will have some really good answers for you.

:)

I appreciate all the answers really. one question though. when standing and doing outer dissolving i am still not sure what to dissolve/focus on? Body, aura, Where on the body On the skin?

I appreciate all the answers really. one question though. when standing and doing outer dissolving i am still not sure what to dissolve/focus on? Body, aura, Where on the body On the skin?

start on your body, start on the top of your head. Begin on your skin. As your awareness grows and stabilizes you will start to go deeper into your body/mind.

start on your body, start on the top of your head. Begin on your skin. As your awareness grows and stabilizes you will start to go deeper into your body/mind.

?

Then whats the difference between inner and outer dissolving :unsure:

?

there's only a couple differences between the two. Outer dissolving starts at the top of your head and the release point of neutral energy is outward , away from your body. Inner dissolving starts above your head in you etheric body and the release point of neutral energy in inward, into the infinite inner space inside yourself.

so the outer would be slightly more superfical? around the outer rims of the body not going in as deep pursay?

?

Let me add something to what Jesse is explaining. The most important difference is what you are dissolving. As long as you are dissolving the physical energy or the etheric field you are in outer dissolving. It really does not matter if you are sitting or standing. It might make it easier or harder, but it does not make a big difference.

When you are dissolving emotions, when you are dissolving thoughts you are entering into the plane of emotions or of thoughts. They are connected and related to the physical layer (which is why you physically go down your body), but they activate emotions and thoughts that then you dissolve. Can you dissolve emotions without going through the body? Yes it can be done (it was taught in Crete in 2003-I think-).

You want t have an example of feeling a thought? Take an idea, any idea. Take 'peace', or a mathematical formula, or anything. Lay down so that your body is fully supported, and there is no neural activity coming from the body being in discomfort. I use to do this in the bathtub. Now hold in your mind the thought you are concentrating on, and let everything else fade in the background. Just let yourself be in the presence of that thought, until you are not feeling neither your emotions nor your body (this is not what you do in taoist meditation, btw). Until only that thought exist. Now you are in the mind space. If you have a higher education you know how to reach it, although you might never have called it in that way.

Now, in Taoism, we dissolve on that level too. We just don't start there, and we don't work over there losing the feeling of the body. You always feel the body. But as you feel the body and feel the blockage, you also feel the thoughts that are connected to that. And you dissolve there. Now that is inner dissolving.

You do it sitting because you want less neural noise reaching the brain. It implodes in instead of exploding out. But the key thing is what you are dissolving.

If you have gone through some serious stress (torture, rape, ...) you do not need all this. Anything will connect you with the deeper parts. So any normal dissolving will trigger internal dissolving. Similarly when you do some external dissolving while sitting it is possible, even easy to connect to the deeper parts of the mind. But they are not the same things. While you are standing the continuous concentration necessary to keep you in position will often prevent you to go to those deeper parts of your mind. And will keep you focus on your physical body, which is what you need to work on for now. Because until you have cleared out your body, clearing the mind will not be very effective.

Now forget all this, and go back to do outer dissolving. :-)

• Like 2

Let me add something to what Jesse is explaining. The most important difference is what you are dissolving. As long as you are dissolving the physical energy or the etheric field you are in outer dissolving. It really does not matter if you are sitting or standing. It might make it easier or harder, but it does not make a big difference.

When you are dissolving emotions, when you are dissolving thoughts you are entering into the plane of emotions or of thoughts. They are connected and related to the physical layer (which is why you physically go down your body), but they activate emotions and thoughts that then you dissolve. Can you dissolve emotions without going through the body? Yes it can be done (it was taught in Crete in 2003-I think-).

You want t have an example of feeling a thought? Take an idea, any idea. Take 'peace', or a mathematical formula, or anything. Lay down so that your body is fully supported, and there is no neural activity coming from the body being in discomfort. I use to do this in the bathtub. Now hold in your mind the thought you are concentrating on, and let everything else fade in the background. Just let yourself be in the presence of that thought, until you are not feeling neither your emotions nor your body (this is not what you do in taoist meditation, btw). Until only that thought exist. Now you are in the mind space. If you have a higher education you know how to reach it, although you might never have called it in that way.

Now, in Taoism, we dissolve on that level too. We just don't start there, and we don't work over there losing the feeling of the body. You always feel the body. But as you feel the body and feel the blockage, you also feel the thoughts that are connected to that. And you dissolve there. Now that is inner dissolving.

You do it sitting because you want less neural noise reaching the brain. It implodes in instead of exploding out. But the key thing is what you are dissolving.

If you have gone through some serious stress (torture, rape, ...) you do not need all this. Anything will connect you with the deeper parts. So any normal dissolving will trigger internal dissolving. Similarly when you do some external dissolving while sitting it is possible, even easy to connect to the deeper parts of the mind. But they are not the same things. While you are standing the continuous concentration necessary to keep you in position will often prevent you to go to those deeper parts of your mind. And will keep you focus on your physical body, which is what you need to work on for now. Because until you have cleared out your body, clearing the mind will not be very effective.

Now forget all this, and go back to do outer dissolving. :-)

Man I felt nearlt tortured during sometimes of kundalini. Whenever I try I seem to always shift to inner dissolving. Thats why maybe I dont undertsand completely, either that or I am just stupid. :unsure:

So I have been looking into the outer dissolving meditation. I am a little confused. You do this mediation while standing, i got that.

My suggestion would be to start by standing and going head to toe. It might help if you imagine the feeling of someone pouring water on your head slowly. How would it soak you? It would drain down your face, nape of the neck, nose, chin, shoulders, armpits, torso and soak ever more inward to the skin. That is part of what you are doing except you pour the water and you pour it very slowly.

Now the focus is totally on the aura?Outside the physical body right? Totally in the aura?

If you imagine your body as a tall building consider the space just about your head to be the penthouse. Start an inch or so above your head and dissolve downward. You enter your scalp and dissolve. You can dissolve by going room to room or cross sectioning your head, torso and pelvis.

Also I had question about using inner dissolving to heal joint pain. My knees hurt so..... TO heal them do I do outer dissolving in the aura while standing or do I do inner dissolving on my knees while standing OR SITTING focusing just on the knees?

Also i see he recommends starting at the head- and dissolving down BUT if I just want mainly physical benefits can just focusing on the knee and dissolving be a viable option?

thank you

You can focus just on your knees and get some benefit. To that effect, you can dissolve inner or outer, standing or sitting or however you like. It's worth bearing in mind that, (assuming you don't know why your knees hurt) dissolving above your knee has the benefit of releasing anything above your knee that might cause knee pain. For example, if you have a bad lower back, bad hip or tight hamstrings you may feel pain in your knee and it's not your knee's fault and dissolving your knee would be of limited value.

If you dissolve your leg muscles or kwa you may find your knee pain gone. So, unless you specifically have knee damage in the joint itself, and even so, it's probably best to start at least from the hips and dissolve down to your knee and lower.

For your knee I would recommend learning just about any of Bruce's chi gung sets. Dragon and Tiger, the Three Swings, Marriage of Heaven and Earth, all cause significant opening and closing to occur in your knees. Just doing tai chi, like the commencement or brush knee, cause significant opening and closing in your hips, knees and ankles. You just need to learn how to do it.

When you get full back and pelvis breathing going on, you will find that you can pretty easily open and close your knees while standing. Deliberately opening and closing your knees causes blood, lymph and energy to pump in and out of your joint which facilitates healing. You can also just lay hands on your knees to get energy into them. If you can feel chi in your hands, you can dry to move chi in and out of your knee through the etheric layer.

With all due respect to Pietro's comment on the matter, I feel that dissolving the aura is really not that advanced. Dissolving is something you are doing with your intent and chi. As such, wherever you direct your attention, you can dissolve. So, it's really a small step from dissolving points in your shoulder to dissolving the space a few inches away from your shoulder. You will find yourself dissolving your aura if you practice dissolving your body long enough. It's a natural consequence of gaining facility with the technique.

Sloppy, dwai, Pietro and Jesse all had good pointers for you Ramon.

• Like 1

?

When you dissolve your mind and intent converge into an area. From ice to water is more or less the same. Your attention slowly wears away on a trouble spot and your mind goes inward. When you feel the sense of the block changing and the block's dimensions become more apparent to your inner eye you have a choice. You can either release outward or inward. How you do you one or the other depends on your intent.

Based on the information here you may conclude that outer dissolving is for physical stuff and inner is for mental and emotional stuff. For a beginner, I suppose it helps to think of it that way. Let me just say that in the laboratory of the mind and body you will find that outer dissolving works on emotional stuff and inner dissolving works on physical stuff. Inner and outer is not fundamentally different. Outer is an explosion and inner is an implosion. Both are a release.

Outer dissolving is more suited to primarily physical stuff but if you have emotional stuff bound up in physical stuff you will find that you start releasing emotions when you do outer dissolving. Here's an example. In my untempered youth I had a lot of anger issues and hit things all the time. It may sound childish and it is. But I hit a lot of stuff from walls to doors to people when I was angry. Consequently, anger become bound up in the injuries in my hands.

Right away when I started doing outer dissolving on my hands furious anger come up out of nowhere. At the time outer dissolving was all I had at my disposal and I did the best I could to release those emotions and physical pain out of my hands and I succeeded.

When I was trying to make my ribs come down with nei gung I was working directly with my body but I found inner dissolving worked better for purposes of getting my consciousness deep inside my bones to ascertain what was going on.

You may also stumble upon simultaneous inner and outer dissolving. Some years ago I kept dissolving inner and outer in the same spot over and over and suddenly just starting doing both at once and that's how I dissolve now. I probably shouldn't mention this because I don't want to complicate things but in time you will find that you can inner or outer dissolve, anywhere, anytime, in practically any position you want.

You can stand, sit, kneel, lotus, walk around in a circle, do cloud hands or lay in a bathtub and dissolve. You can dissolve in any direction you want including (!!!) upward and sideways. In the beginning, you always dissolve down while sitting or standing to instill a pattern and to establish the downward current. It helps because you may not know the hierarchy of your blocks or how they are interconnected and going down ensures you dissolve everything that might be responsible on your way towards the blocks that you want gone.

What I would have liked to known at the beginning is not to try to make the water to gas transition happen but to allow it to happen when it's ready. I practiced with books to start off with like some of you and I practiced by myself a lot so over time I gained enough experience to realize I wasn't really dissolving until I let go of all effort and allowed the dissolving process to take it's own course.

• Like 1

With all due respect to Pietro's comment on the matter, I feel that dissolving the aura is really not that advanced.

I was just repeating what Bruce said. But if you have direct experience of that I will step aside. My (intellectual) understanding is that when you dissolve the aura you might end up in touch with external entities. Which can scare the $#!+ out of you. But it's a maybe.In all case, I haven't worked on dissolving the aura. We might have done it a bit on the last (and only) spiraling course I did. But by the time we reached that part of the program I was already done and cooked ;-) wacko.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I was just repeating what Bruce said. But if you have direct experience of that I will step aside. My (intellectual) understanding is that when you dissolve the aura you might end up in touch with external entities. Which can scare the $#!+ out of you. But it's a maybe.In all case, I haven't worked on dissolving the aura. We might have done it a bit on the last (and only) spiraling course I did. But by the time we reached that part of the program I was already done and cooked ;-) wacko.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Hmm, crazy.

The only times that I've dissolved anything that could be considered "aura" (just an inch or so off my body) is sometimes after dissolving a physical spot, I sometimes feel stuff just above the surface of my skin floating around in the air, sort of like a blockage. I'll dissolve that too on my way down, just figured it was another part of the dissolving.

Are there any practices or methods to keep entities and stuff away? I know in one of his books Bruce mentions how he went through formal Daoist training, in prying, blessing, charging, cleansing rooms, and things of that nature (if I recall correctly). Western magick traditions are really big on stuff like the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. I was wondering if there were any sort of practices like that to sort of "close off" your space before you started to work?

I know that sometimes the idea of "closing yourself off from the world" doesn't sound like a mature thing to do, but sometimes it might be handy to know.

Hmm, crazy.

The only times that I've dissolved anything that could be considered "aura" (just an inch or so off my body) is sometimes after dissolving a physical spot, I sometimes feel stuff just above the surface of my skin floating around in the air, sort of like a blockage. I'll dissolve that too on my way down, just figured it was another part of the dissolving.

Are there any practices or methods to keep entities and stuff away? I know in one of his books Bruce mentions how he went through formal Daoist training, in prying, blessing, charging, cleansing rooms, and things of that nature (if I recall correctly). Western magick traditions are really big on stuff like the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. I was wondering if there were any sort of practices like that to sort of "close off" your space before you started to work?

I know that sometimes the idea of "closing yourself off from the world" doesn't sound like a mature thing to do, but sometimes it might be handy to know.

I know Bruce has promised to teach things about this when we do it in a spooky cave in the south of Italy.