sifusufi

Lachrymology & unicursal hexagram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVbFrl9wLBA

Looking to validate these mysteries (claims)

http://www.dailygrai...rt-Lachrymology

http://www.toolarmy....ogy.php?key=fob

http://www.drummerwo...anny_Carey.html

http://www.urbandict...rm=lachrymology

Tool is a legit force to be reckoned with, however...

"Despite not becoming a Mason or aligning himself with any other school of religion, Danny has maintained his heritages interest in occult studies. Endeavors into this realm have manifested periodically, such as the time he achieved insight into a hidden aspect of the unicursal hexagram utilizing an astral journey initiated through meditation and DMT.

Danny then set up his drums into proportions utilizing the circle and square of the New Jerusalem and uttered a short prayer relating to the principles of the ace of swords from the book of Thoth. He then performed a ritual utilizing his new found knowledge of the unicursal hexagram to generate a pattern of movement in space relating to Fuller's vector equilibrium model. The resulting rhythm and gateway summoned a daemon he has contained within "the Lodge" that has been delivering short parables similar to passages within the Book of Lies. Danny recommends as a device of protection and containment a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record."

...is not easily assimilated!

"Of the many mysteries surrounding the prog-metal band Tool, in the early years, perhaps none was more perplexing than the group's much mentioned interest in the tenets of the philosophy/religion known as Lachrymatory (translated literally as the science or study of crying). According to information provided in the bio included with promotional copies of the album Undertow (which was later made available on several 'fan' sites), the soul foundation of the unusual form of psychotherapy that so fascinated the four band members came from a book entitled The Joyful Guide to Lachrymology which was supposedly written in 1949 by a "crop-spray contractor" named Ronald P. Vincent. In fact, from remarks made by band members during the Undertow-era, so influential was Vincent's book that it became the very inspiration for the formation of Tool, as well as being a unifying force among its individual members. But was the philosophical basis of Lachrymolgy really "a 'tool' to learn and gain from" as drummer Danny Carey once explained the band's name? After searching for Vincent's book and coming up empty handed (it wasn't even registered in the Library of Congress), many decided to take this strange theology espoused by Tool with a "huge" grain of salt, although some were curious as to why they attempted to hoodwink their fans with a paradoxical belief system that was considered almost doctrinal.

As it stands today, most people who have attempted to investigate the murky origins of Lachrymology as detailed by its elusive founder in his equally elusive book believe that the whole thing was nothing more than an elaborate hoax perpetrated by the band to amuse themselves and their fans, or as a way to further fuel the Tool mystique. Others saw it as a parody on religious cults, in particular on dianetics and the Church of Scientology with the fictional character of Ronald P. Vincent being modeled after L. Ron Hubbard, the third-rate pulp writer and founder of the California based cult."

Looking forward to more wisdom,
Robert Edited by sifusufi

I love Tool...ever since I heard Aenima in 1998 or so. That cd is one of the best ever made, in my opinion!

A quote from the first link...

Indeed, crying eliminates particular toxins from the body produced when an individual is suffering stress.

This is similar to the recent discussion on the crystal ball practice from the book Taoist Yoga.

I love Tool...ever since I heard Aenima in 1998 or so. That cd is one of the best ever made, in my opinion!

A quote from the first link...

"Indeed, crying eliminates particular toxins from the body produced when an individual is suffering stress."

This is similar to the recent discussion on the crystal ball practice from the book Taoist Yoga.

For me I always feel a getting choked up in the thymus area when a powerful wave of emotion comes over me, pre tearing.

Most of the time it is invoked by a joyful memory combined with music.

Edited by sifusufi

Something interesting about the album name "Aenima"...

The word is a combination of: enema (cleaning the crap out of you) combined with anima (the feminine Jungian archetype of the soul).

From wikipedia:

In broad terms, the entire process of anima development in a male is about the male subject opening up to emotionality, and in that way a broader spirituality, by creating a new conscious paradigm that includes intuitive processes, creativity and imagination, and psychic sensitivity towards himself and others where it might not have existed previously.

So the album title really could be exactly about that process you describe...of hearing a song, or recalling a memory which moves you, and allowing the purging process (for instance crying) to take place.

Crying open my third eye. :ph34r:

Ther are groups that whip themselves and carry crosses up and down mountains and seem to derive something from it, also there is an indian "Sun Dance?" I think its called where they suspend themselves on wooden poles and dance until they collapse or the bonds break.. Something like that?

There is something to be said for those types of practices. They force you to let go. It's as if pieces of your old self are falling off each moment that you decide to keep going, and what's left is a purer you.

Personally I like to use running for this purpose. And also chewing on garlic cloves for as long as I can stand it (which by the way, are good at creating tears!). :ninja::lol:

Edited by Scotty

Ther are groups that whip themselves and carry crosses up and down mountains and seem to derive something from it, also there is an indian "Sun Dance?" I think its called where they suspend themselves on wooden poles and dance until they collapse or the bonds break.. Something like that?

Endorphins deluxe!

Not as popular as 1987 due to transmittance of the HIV and HEP C viruses through the shared piercing implements.

Still looking for the Cliffs Notes on this...

"Despite not becoming a Mason or aligning himself with any other school of religion, Danny has maintained his heritages interest in occult studies. Endeavors into this realm have manifested periodically, such as the time he achieved insight into a hidden aspect of the unicursal hexagram utilizing an astral journey initiated through meditation and DMT.

Danny then set up his drums into proportions utilizing the circle and square of the New Jerusalem and uttered a short prayer relating to the principles of the ace of swords from the book of Thoth. He then performed a ritual utilizing his new found knowledge of the unicursal hexagram to generate a pattern of movement in space relating to Fuller's vector equilibrium model. The resulting rhythm and gateway summoned a daemon he has contained within "the Lodge" that has been delivering short parables similar to passages within the Book of Lies. Danny recommends as a device of protection and containment a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record."

Someone once said " If you can't explain something to a three year old..."

anyway thanks everybody for your continued support and feedback

(check 1 - 2 test - FEEDBACK)