Apech

Locked thread

Can anyone tell me why the thread :

Interesting and gritty interview with a Tibetan monk

was locked?

Don't mean to speak for any mods, but the last post quoted by Taomeow involved a racial slur, and the whole thread from the beginning seemed sort of on the "hot" side- a lot of discussion about various schools of political and economic thought, as well as some pretty harsh personal attacks from and towards members that, frankly, I as a member of the board was pretty shocked to see.

But that's just my perspective :)

Don't mean to speak for any mods, but the last post quoted by Taomeow involved a racial slur, and the whole thread from the beginning seemed sort of on the "hot" side- a lot of discussion about various schools of political and economic thought, as well as some pretty harsh personal attacks from and towards members that, frankly, I as a member of the board was pretty shocked to see.

But that's just my perspective :)

Yes that's true and maybe some people would object to all this politic. I agree about the racist language it should be dealt with but that doesn't mean the whole thread has to be locked down as this stops any reply and just leaves it there to be read.

Maybe the thread could be moved to off-topic - in any case if its going to be locked then there needs to be a reason given by the mods. IMO.

John.

PS. Just realised its been unlocked - so thanks to Sean :)

Edited by apepch7

Yes, just an instance of human error, all good now :)

With the recent superpower threads we should post a screenshot one day off all the cool buttons we can push :lol: