Thunder_Gooch

Wan Qi Kim aka Meditation Mantra?

Recently speaking with a friend of mine whom I think very highly of, we were on the topic of new teachers. Wan Qi Kim came up, I did a little googling and found him to be the guy behind meditation mantra. My first gut reaction was one of disgust. My friend is so convinced of his authenticity. For the life of me I can't understand why.

WQK/MM's whole demeanor, and body language suggest to me he is just a salesman and a bad one at that. Seems like more garbage like KAP/Kunlun.

Does anyone know anything about him? Who were his teachers? What are his credentials? What has he accomplished? Has he developed any abilities, if the answer is no how can he claim to teach others how to develop them if he has not himself? His whole gig seems a little fishy to me.

He claims to have spent time learning from Dattatreya Siva Baba, though I'm still not sure whether he means in person or just on Youtube. :D

In the words of Rumi- false teachings serve their own purpose like a fur coat in the Winter time. It may keep you warm for a while, but when the sun comes out it becomes an encumbrance and is so cast off. Those that flock to teachers like this are seeking imitations and confusion even if they aren't consciously aware of their intentions.

Edited by xakarii

My friend is so convinced of his authenticity.

You should ask your friend why. What's the authentic part of him?

Recently speaking with a friend of mine whom I think very highly of, we were on the topic of new teachers. Wan Qi Kim came up, I did a little googling and found him to be the guy behind meditation mantra. My first gut reaction was one of disgust. My friend is so convinced of his authenticity. For the life of me I can't understand why.

WQK/MM's whole demeanor, and body language suggest to me he is just a salesman and a bad one at that. Seems like more garbage like KAP/Kunlun.

Does anyone know anything about him? Who were his teachers? What are his credentials? What has he accomplished? Has he developed any abilities, if the answer is no how can he claim to teach others how to develop them if he has not himself? His whole gig seems a little fishy to me.

:lol:

This gave me a good chuckle. Seriously though, I don't mean to be a punk, but what do you want? Do you know what you want?

If you close your eyes and slowly visualize your perfect teacher, the kind of teacher that you would truly enjoy learning from, and accept, what do you see? Can you describe it? I am not asking you to actually describe it, because this information might be sensitivie/intimate. I'm just saying, do you see anything? Do you see what kind of teacher you do want? Or are you looking for something you don't know what. Are you in a fog?

Are you sure you even want a teacher? What if it was someone who is a good friend, who is a few steps ahead of you, but is also learning?

This gave me a good chuckle. Seriously though, I don't mean to be a punk, but what do you want? Do you know what you want?

If you close your eyes and slowly visualize your perfect teacher, the kind of teacher that you would truly enjoy learning from, and accept, what do you see? Can you describe it? I am not asking you to actually describe it, because this information might be sensitivie/intimate. I'm just saying, do you see anything? Do you see what kind of teacher you do want? Or are you looking for something you don't know what. Are you in a fog?

Are you sure you even want a teacher? What if it was someone who is a good friend, who is a few steps ahead of you, but is also learning?

well said ^_^

Why is kap and kunlun garbage?

Wow just wow. It is not me bringing this guy up wow. I am glad you can see past him. um you may want to visit this link

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73854

this link brings up his "master" grandmaster sung baek

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92211

Dont know if that link has any relevent info on him but i did try and ask questions.

also search taobums see what we think of this guy.

also Wan qi kim aka BOB kim possibly posted on this site under the name daoian.

Um well we are at it anyone wana discus jbni's herbal remedies? good stuff to say bad stuff to say about them?

Thanks all.

Don't think hes looking for a teacher or anything like that, he just thinks his friends choice teacher is a fraud. (which isn't something you'd want in a teacher :lol:)

Well Wan is the guy who was most of the reason for why I got into meditation- I watched his videos a long time ago, the ones dealing with manifestation, and was really amazed at the concept of using meditation to actually do something. So he really changed the way in which I viewed meditation and spirituality in general.

Buuuuuuut as someone else pointed out, there reaches a time when you outgrow those people. For me it happened when Wan, for whatever reason, "left", shut down his site and went to do mysterious other things (train with a Daoist master? Move on to another new internet venture?)

I dunno, I moved on and searched for other teachers, other types of meditation. Many people did not. When he came back (after giving people time to grow? When he realized he still had a huge following?) a lot of people were glad to see him- I really was not.

He said a lot of good things. He said a lot of the right things. I don't think they were ALL the right things. But they were enough of the right things to make him sound like he knew what he was talking about. He seemed to me like one of those math "proofs", the ones where you prove 1=0 or 1=2, they look legitimate and have many correct steps, but also have one or two hidden steps in there that SEEM right, but are really mathematically false, that someone with a surface level of math knowledge would miss. He also seems to be INCREDIBLY sensitive- leave a comment on any of his videos that even slightly rubs him the wrong way and he will strongly insult you and then block you from his channel. I pointed out an inconsistency he made in a more recent video compared to one from a long time ago, and he completely just went off on me. I'm not personally out to get him, but it seemed very telling of his demeanor. So, in my very humble opinion, just off the mark.

He has a website, journik.com and also journic.com and recently did sort of a "promotional campaign" for his horse stance, gi ma sae, by having everyone make a video of them doing it. Really turned out a lot of hits, and if you type in "gi ma sae" to google you wind up with a lot of their videos and a lot of his websites.

He also gave a "Dong Han Pai" certification test here so, as you can see, is doing a lot of things.

Most of it's not really for me, but he does do a lot to bring meditation to people who otherwise wouldn't do it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

If he's such a fraud, why has know one filed a criminal complaint against this guy ?

If he's such a fraud, why has know one filed a criminal complaint against this guy ?

Fraud is the norm in the spiritual community, we've got half a billion teachers and authors all here to show you the one true way for $19.95 plus shipping and handling.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Fraud is the norm in the spiritual community, we've got half a billion teachers and authors all here to show the one true way for $19.95 plus shipping and handling.

Touche

Touche

Everyone here on TTB looks down on you if you say you want a teacher who actually has developed abilities as a result of their training. I say if your practice doesn't develop abilities what exactly does it do? What's the point, and why listen to teachers that haven't accomplished anything themselves. Seems kinda silly to me but that's just my opinion.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

http://www.lamathunderbolt.com/largetrailer.htm

http://www.lamathunderbolt.com/images/trailerlg.mov

and has anyone you know that ever graduated KAP have anything to show for it? I haven't heard of any. It does have a good marketing buzz though.

Speaking of buzz, the only time I've ever gotten a noticeable "buzz", "tingling sensation" "electricity" "hair standing on end" or whatever you want to call it from looking at a picture of someone was when I saw a picture of Max Christensen here on the bums.

Honestly can't say I've gotten such a response from anyone else so........

I don't study Kunlun, but I do respect it as a system, it does have good points that I agree with, some things I don't, I have the book, it's a good book, and I wouldn't put it past myself to practice it sometime. Then again, I might not ever practice it. But I do have some respect for it.

Just for anyone wondering.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I've spoken to a few people who have met him, none report actually feeling his super power orgasmo-qi.

I don't know who made his trailers for the up coming thunderbolt video but they look absolutely fake to me at least.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Everyone here on TTB looks down on you if you say you want a teacher who actually has developed abilities as a result of their training. I say if your practice doesn't develop abilities what exactly does it do? What's the point, and why listen to teachers that haven't accomplished anything themselves. Seems kinda silly to me but that's just my opinion.

It seems to me a lot of taobums are looking for worldviews to believe in or have already accepted a few and just want intellectual confirmation. Some seek philosophy, some want health, some want paranormal abilities. When motives cross sometimes people become cross with one another. Some seek to hide their knowledge and are angry that an internet exists wherby people can exchange previously hidden knowledge.Especially since they had to travel to and fro in the earth to find it.

I'm a theist,so I have no concerns about reincarnation, I just enjoy qi-gung for health,metaphysical reasons,as a way, a science for exploring the soul. I guess it depends on what you want.I do agree with you about proven methods.

Edited by enouch

Again, Touche

He gives some good talks and puts up a lot of free content...but I have yet to see him actually demo any of all the wondrous things he speaks of.

And this is the worst attempt at half-lotus that I have seen yet (in a supposed "cultivator"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgFiY06DBE

I know he may not really be trying there, but still...I think in general he theorizes and talks a lot more than he actually applies & can do.

Edited by vortex

A crucial part of his actual technique (aside from just philosophizing all the time) is standing in horse stance. Gi mah sae. There used to be a video up on homosanctus.org detailing it specifically, because apparently some details in the stance make it a billion times better than just normal horse stancing.

Then he came out with "oh haeng gi mah sae" which I'm not sure if it's the same thing, or if it's the horse stance with some added details thrown in.

Anyway, he tells people if they wanna get anywhere they gotta hold that position for at least an hour, more the better, so at least he's got people doing it!

Not too long ago he had a little campaign on his site, journik.com where he had everyone post a video of themselves on youtube doing gi mah sae and told them to put it in the title and link it everywhere. Pretty much put himself on the google map there in one day. A very good move... however exploitative it might have been... (do a google search for "gi ma sae" and see what I mean!)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

A crucial part of his actual technique (aside from just philosophizing all the time) is standing in horse stance. Gi mah sae. There used to be a video up on homosanctus.org detailing it specifically, because apparently some details in the stance make it a billion times better than just normal horse stancing.

Then he came out with "oh haeng gi mah sae" which I'm not sure if it's the same thing, or if it's the horse stance with some added details thrown in.

Anyway, he tells people if they wanna get anywhere they gotta hold that position for at least an hour, more the better, so at least he's got people doing it!

Not too long ago he had a little campaign on his site, journik.com where he had everyone post a video of themselves on youtube doing gi mah sae and told them to put it in the title and link it everywhere. Pretty much put himself on the google map there in one day. A very good move... however exploitative it might have been... (do a google search for "gi ma sae" and see what I mean!)

I really got to stop posting!! but I have to let you guys know that 'Gi Mah Sae' is a made up name by a scam artist. It is a real stance... it's actually called Naega Shinjang and comes from a Korean art called GiCheon. It's actually the first of six basic stances. If you do it right you will have a job doing 20 minutes forget an hour. The stuff written about Gi Mah Sae is mostly crap... doing Naega Shinjang does build incredible will, strong yang chi and opens the channels nicely. Do the other 5 if you want to have some balance though.

I think Wan Qi Kim (not his real name) should do it for an hour... to show us how it's done.

I really got to stop posting!! but I have to let you guys know that 'Gi Mah Sae' is a made up name by a scam artist. It is a real stance... it's actually called Naega Shinjang and comes from a Korean art called GiCheon. It's actually the first of six basic stances. If you do it right you will have a job doing 20 minutes forget an hour. The stuff written about Gi Mah Sae is mostly crap... doing Naega Shinjang does build incredible will, strong yang chi and opens the channels nicely. Do the other 5 if you want to have some balance though.

I think Wan Qi Kim (not his real name) should do it for an hour... to show us how it's done.

Yup, someone posted that on journik a while back: http://journik.com/community/pg/blog/LAkeqi/read/36683/also-known-as-naega-shinjang-gi-ma-sae

Wan's response (it's on that page):

well.. i suppose there's no way to hide anything anymore.

In the old days... masters would tell their students not to ask any questions or even to study under any other masters... this was because the students would find differences and wonder why or which was better.

It put the masters in a compromising position because they could only answer:

A. The other master is teaching it wrong

B. The other students aren't able to learn it properly

C. You aren't able to learn it properly.

So in any case... you as the student would put your mind into questions instead of into the path of training.. so you waste qi.

In most all systems... beginners and the public are not ever taught the full proper method of any stance that leads to power. This is for obvious reasons. Even a simple external martial art system like Shaolin never lets their students teach or video their secret positions.

In the QiCheon System, they teach to keep the hands apart so that your qi never rises past your heart chakra... you can never reach enlightenment until your qi shoots to your third eye. when your hands are apart, the qi leaks between your hands... if you want to feel the qi leaking, just try it... you'll feel a current like a river flowing out of your left pinky and your right thumb... if you hands are together... the qi is locked... both rivers flow into each other and force the preassure upward.

The reason they do a high stance and not a sitting stance is so that the students cant develop too much qi too quickly.

You are welcome to research and theorize about anything... just know that when you do... you waste qi ... instead of just practicing.