Thunder_Gooch

What is the goal of your practice? What is your game plan to get there?

I like these questions.

My goal is to live a better, more enjoyable, more interesting, more magical, more fulfilling, more contented life, with more leisure time.

Game plan of my practice is threefold: first I pay attention 24/7. I practice mindfulness. And then I also question and investigate my own beliefs. Then I also talk about what I find with others, so as to not disconnect from convention too much. This has the dual effect of grounding me and making the convention more "high" (the oppose of grounding).

Edited by goldisheavy

ok, but what is the process, and what type of practice and why do you do it?

Because I feel I need it (the practice). Currently this is qigong, taiji, and bagua.

Because I feel I need it (the practice). Currently this is qigong, taiji, and bagua.

but long term there is no goal or reason, just do it to do it basically? I'm just curious as to everyone's motivation.

To live a good life. How do i get there well.... its complicated but I focus on this

1. Financial security

2. health/longevity

3. Spirituality

4. relashonships (too myself, others, my wife, the universe ect)

5. The mysteries of life

but long term there is no goal or reason, just do it to do it basically?

Overall, yes.

There is also a catch. As soon as you set a goal (like opening the 3rd eye, for instance), it becomes unattainable. I believe that formulating (formalizing) a goal is countreproductive.

As soon as you set a goal (like opening the 3rd eye, for instance), it becomes unattainable.

I don't think so...it's just about "baby steps". Focusing on the first task, getting it done, and moving onto the next, until the goal is reached.

What motivates me? Exploring the way of all things. Hopefully helping myself and others. Knowing that others are more advanced than me...makes me want to beat them in the spiritual race or something! :lol:

Goals change, and game plan's are modified.

But overall one thing doesn't change. The ultimate purpose of my practice is to reach my potential and realize my destiny.

I would like to get the place where I have no goals. Of course, this sounds trite, but I would like to put an end to the wanting, gaining, going, moving toward, craving, desiring, needing.

Game plan:

1. Meditation, typically vipassana type concentration-investigation.

2. Outside of meditation, mindfulness coupled with investigation.

3. Exploring all things as they appear in direct experience.

4. Learning from those who I can learn from.

5. Chi kung, physical exercise, and Intu-Flow for balance.

"A person is what his deep desire is. It is our deepest desire in this life that shapes the life to come. So let us direct our deepest desires to realize the Self." (the Upanishads)

I just copied that from that recent Jenny Lamb post.

Although many here argue that you cannot find if you seek, I am of the opposite view. If you can manifest the desire, then you are manifesting the path. Moment by moment from deep inside your heart.

"A person is what his deep desire is. It is our deepest desire in this life that shapes the life to come. So let us direct our deepest desires to realize the Self." (the Upanishads)

I just copied that from that recent Jenny Lamb post.

Although many here argue that you cannot find if you seek, I am of the opposite view. If you can manifest the desire, then you are manifesting the path. Moment by moment from deep inside your heart.

It is something to do with the place from which you have the desire, yes. I think, at least as I see it, that this means that you dont neccesarily have the 'opposite' view, de_paradise. To me what you are saying isnt polarised to the 'cannot find if you seek' view, but a qualification to it.

Being in a position to actually have a deepest desire from deep inside your heart and to be able to connect to that consistently, means you have arrived somewhere already..... somewhere from which seeking is already a particular kind of seeking, a deep kind, neccesarily pure, by virtue of the place of origin.

What about seeking from a place further back, a place further away from the level of contact and depth that you are referring to. In that case, seeking can be obstructive because it is an ego need, reinforcing the ego, perpetuating a habit of acquisition and classifying and measuring.

Can be. Might not be. Depending on the individual.

At the moment I feel on a bit of a quest here on tabums about heart. Am I imagining it, or is it somewhat overlooked here, perhaps just because we are online, I dont know.

Anyway. I like and admire your distinction, thankyou.

My gaol is to get rid of my enemies.

They have already had one pulse of energy that is giving them brain tumor's.

I structured it in such a way that if they were to leave me alone they would not die,but they seem to want to commit suicide.

The next energy pulse is going to target their funding.

All the business's that fund them are going to die.

I WILL BE RID OF MY ENEMIES !.

sabretooth.

Siddhis! Something like this....

Get there like ~jk~ says

Practice

Edited by sifusufi

Sabretooth,

Why are these people your enemies? How do they get funding from businesses?

They all work for a criminal organisation that has been paid to kill me.

I inadvertently upset some one,long story.

They keep the business's in work and take a percentage of their income.

The police are paid off,so no help there,ofcourse I have no proof of any of this.

sabretooth.

It is something to do with the place from which you have the desire, yes. I think, at least as I see it, that this means that you dont neccesarily have the 'opposite' view, de_paradise. To me what you are saying isnt polarised to the 'cannot find if you seek' view, but a qualification to it.

Being in a position to actually have a deepest desire from deep inside your heart and to be able to connect to that consistently, means you have arrived somewhere already..... somewhere from which seeking is already a particular kind of seeking, a deep kind, neccesarily pure, by virtue of the place of origin.

What about seeking from a place further back, a place further away from the level of contact and depth that you are referring to. In that case, seeking can be obstructive because it is an ego need, reinforcing the ego, perpetuating a habit of acquisition and classifying and measuring.

Can be. Might not be. Depending on the individual.

At the moment I feel on a bit of a quest here on tabums about heart. Am I imagining it, or is it somewhat overlooked here, perhaps just because we are online, I dont know.

Anyway. I like and admire your distinction, thankyou.

You are right Cat, its better described as a qualification. But its very important, otherwise it wouldnt be in the Upanishads. I suppose I knew I was making it look contentious when in fact it was merely wordplay. Its a "purer" level of desire, and in real time it is like inching ones way into an energetic feeling state that resembles the enlightened state (that blueprint must be somewhere accesible in our memory). I think you are right about being able to connect with that frequently means you have already arrived somewhere. Like in the example of a person who knows all about spirituality and practises but do not connect with the desire to become evolved, their frequencies from waking up to going to sleep are virtually all about day to day mundane desires, and therefore get almost nowhere during the practise that they do.

I'll join your quest on heart, its been one of the things that has really amazed me in how important it is.

But its very important, otherwise it wouldnt be in the Upanishads.

Too right, wizard.

Thankyou for bringing up the importance.

Siddhis! Something like this....

Get there like ~jk~ says

Practice

Defying gravity & speaking Portuguese!

Any help translating this song?

Healing & healing..

Flexible mind and energetic body with reasonably balanced emotions is the target. SFQ whenever I get the chance (30-60 min a day) is how I'm riding.

"We don't need no more trouble" -B. Marley

Edited by King Kabalabhati