Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

1930's taiji training video

Great to see old traditional stuff. :)

Another historical video:

Yichuan - Wang Xuanjie

There is a lot of internal stuff happening in here too!

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Great to see old traditional stuff. :)

Another historical video:

Yichuan - Wang Xuanjie

There is a lot of internal stuff happening in here too!

This is the video that made me sign up on this forum!

The above video is a picture perfect example in the rapid decline of quality in the martial arts. You can see in his body and movement that he has not even mastered the basics. His neck is depressed and his feet are empty. Without an active neck and feet, the rest of the body can't do it's job. All things internal depend on these two basic requirements.

LOVE IT!!!! :D

Those training tools are great. And who would have thought Hacky Sack was a traditional Tai Chi practice :lol:

I have bookmarked that one ... I reckon I will make those gym thingies too :)

LOVE IT!!!! :D

Those training tools are great. And who would have thought Hacky Sack was a traditional Tai Chi practice :lol:

I have bookmarked that one ... I reckon I will make those gym thingies too :)

Yeah all the kids in china love hacky sack. But they have a new thing these days it's like a weighted bottom with some feathers in the top.

The gym thing looks cool, especially the stick one. Would be damn hard to do what he's doing.

Cool videos

This is the video that made me sign up on this forum!

The above video is a picture perfect example in the rapid decline of quality in the martial arts. You can see in his body and movement that he has not even mastered the basics. His neck is depressed and his feet are empty. Without an active neck and feet, the rest of the body can't do it's job. All things internal depend on these two basic requirements.

After reading your elaborate analysis it became clear to me that your understanding of these things is very deep and this is only possible of course because you have attained a high level of skill in taiji (thank you for singing up by the way). I would be more then curious (and I am sure other taobums would like it as well) to see a small sample of your demonstration of those 2 principles that you have mentioned. So please post a video of your skill sir and you would prove your point much better.

After reading your elaborate analysis it became clear to me that your understanding of these things is very deep and this is only possible of course because you have attained a high level of skill in taiji (thank you for singing up by the way). I would be more then curious (and I am sure other taobums would like it as well) to see a small sample of your demonstration of those 2 principles that you have mentioned. So please post a video of your skill sir and you would prove your point much better.

I'm sorry orb, I have not attained a high level of skill in taiji. Although, I work hard and consistently and am a student of a teacher that has. He is Sifu Gregory Fong, here is his website if you are interested in seeing where I in part come from.

Sign in to follow this