Sign in to follow this  
lifeforce

The I Ching

Hi everyone

Is there any benefit from reading the Book Of Changes as it is, purely for wisdom and insight rather than for personal divinations ?

Thanks.

Hi everyone

Is there any benefit from reading the Book Of Changes as it is, purely for wisdom and insight rather than for personal divinations ?

Thanks.

Yes - there is a thread on this if you search for it - some on here use the I Ching solely in this way and not for divination. If you study the Great Treatise then you can understand the patterns which underlie the Hexagrams - it is worth doing this just to understand the beauty and elegance of the book.

Cheers

John

Yes - there is a thread on this if you search for it - some on here use the I Ching solely in this way and not for divination. If you study the Great Treatise then you can understand the patterns which underlie the Hexagrams - it is worth doing this just to understand the beauty and elegance of the book.

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I'll have a look for that thread.

Hi everyone

Thanks.

Of course there is a benefit! There you will find many advises which could help you to improve yourself as well as to understand the principle of changes. I noticed reading the commentaries to hexagrams gives me some kind of reflection of my current situation in life. I think, I Ching is a tool of psychological insight in many ways. Also many laws of nature, laws of change, are reflected in this book.

Hi everyone

Thanks.

As mentioned, we had this discussion before.

I am of the (minoritarian) school that that is how it should be done. Read it 3 times, from top to bottom. That was Bruce suggestion to me.

Once you know all the situation you will automatically associate the situations in your life with one of the 64 cases. Just remember that you are not the most important person in the universe. So what you are experiencing might be one of the 64 hexagram, just focused on someone else.

Sign in to follow this