Sign in to follow this  
Moth

Helping out a friend.

I have a friend who is a lot of trouble, but refuses to believe it. It started last sunday when she walked five miles(at 2:00 a.m.) to another friend's house to tell him that he was Jesus reincarnated, and like her, he would soon see the truth.

Earlier that day she had told me that she had come into the fifth circuit (using Timothy Leary's terminology), where she was conscious of and in full contact with the collective unconscious.

I saw her yesterday, and I would describe her as abundantly happy at everything that appears before her eyes. Later that night, she wrecked her car into a pole (no one was hurt) when she decided to drive with her eyes closed and feel the road. I haven't heard anything about a police-based decision yet.

She has a very nasty marijuana addiction that is rather common in my line of work, although her use is very much over the reasonable limit. She regularly partakes in other mind altering substances with great abandon, and I am afraid that she might have swam out a bit too far in rough mind waters.

She doesn't feel that anything could be wrong, and refuses treatment of any kind since she doesn't believe herself to be sick, and seems impervious to persuasion.

Any advice on how to help her?

Any advice on how to help her?

I cannot offer any suggestions. The first step in the problem-solving technique is to acknowledge that there is a problem. If she fails to realize that there is a problem she will never try to resolve (something that does not exist) the problem.

Peace & Love!

Try and explain to her the real dangers of the way shes acting, she could've killed someone or herself on the road like that. Make sure you get the point across to her there are real consequences to irresponsible behaviour.

Well, what worked to stop me from being so loopy, was my friends and family always letting me know how weird I was being. Sometimes it was hurtful to hear, but it made a deep impact. Gradually, I changed.

It's tough to come out of it, because fantasy is easier to manage and seemingly more exciting than reality.

Sign in to follow this