Edward M

Could anyone share a sufi meditation?

Like the title says, i'm looking to open up my heart for more forgiveness, acceptance etc

I have heard much about the sufi meditation being very adept at this for the persistant practitioner.

Would anyone be so kind as to share a meditation of this sort?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

santiago dobles, The Kap guru know alot of sufi meditations. I am actually quite interested and was going to post the same question! Actually i am just going to ask him on this up and coming session I have with him like in 3 weeks.

Spin in a circle!

But seriously though, read "The Sufis" by Idries Shah if you haven't already. There are all sorts of sects of sufism that have their own techniques for spiritual attainment, though as Shah comments- they're just empty shells without a direct lineage transmission.

Thanks for the recomendation!

i know of one school with lineage going way back in the context of islam near where i live.

i'm unable to go see them now due to college, but aferwards hopefully i will go see them!

Ed

When you go to sleep in your dreams find your self, bring your hands to your face look in your palms and see your heart beating and say everything is better than before. Then chat Om Pax Nom,Om Pax Nom. Then watch your self become a inner flame and vanish in space. You will be quiet when you wake and will have the meditation of your life. Cloud PS; The Pir himself gave me this one. I wrote him when Toward the One Came out.

I'm no expert but I am pretty certain that most sufis would require that you find someone willing to teach you in person, a sheikh at the very least. Sufism is not an easy path and requires vast amounts of determination, abstinence and prolonged periods of fasting. One requires direction from a sheikh as some of the techniques are vastly powerful and you need someone experienced in these to guide you through your practices. There are stories of sufis who have flipped, quite literally, and ended up mentally unstable. In most cases this is perhaps due to a misunderstanding of the teachings and/or irregular tuition.

Having said that... There are some sources of information out there. Most sufi practices involve recitations of Qur'anic verses alongside special instructions on breathing. A quick google found me this :)

http://www.nurmuhammad.com/Dwnlds/StepStepMuraqabahIllistrations.pdf

Most practices, as far as my limited knowledge of this subject goes, consist of dhikr (zikr). Remembrance of God.

Hu, Allah is a simple and common one. Another well known one would be La Ilaha Illa Allah (there is no God but God).

Finding ourselves a genuine sufi sheikh to teach you might not be easy. Keep up your spiritual practices and when the student is ready, he will appear inshallah :)

Much love to you brother,

James

Cloudhand,, thanks for that exercise...i hope i able to remember in my dreaming to practise it :)

Broken/James..... Thanks for your advice! i am in uk as well..london. well i'm actually a christian, but i know of some schools that accept any religion into their pracice :) will keep up the practice, must have faith a teacher that is right for me, and me right for the teacher comes along!

ps, did either James or cloudhand put some energy into your posts..i just started sweating copiously while reading them and posting :)

peace

Ed

ps, did either James or cloudhand put some energy into your posts..i just started sweating copiously while reading them and posting :)

peace

Ed

Not consciously brother.

I know London well, lived there for 12 years, and am also Christian (of sorts). Have a sheikh as a teacher now. You'll be able to do the same :)

Blessings,

James

Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan check out any thing by him or his father. You will approach it in a new light trust me. What a great teacher wish he was still around. Cloud

Cloudhand, thankyou..yes i have come across his website before.. he has a good teaching :) thanks!

peace and blessings

Ed

Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan check out any thing by him or his father. You will approach it in a new light trust me. What a great teacher wish he was still around. Cloud

Hamid Drake turned me on to these (sources) three years ago

http://www.amazon.com/Search-Hidden-Treasure-Vilayat-Inayat/dp/1585421804

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Sufi-Healing-G-Chishti/dp/0892813245

when I couldn't pronounce the authors names!

Hamid is one of the most sharing, giving, transmitting artists I have been blessed to meet.

The only one I can think of to pass on is just a phrase to consider (is this meditation? Not sure)

"You are love, lover and beloved".

I went to see a dervish ceremony in Istanbul. That did it for me. So did Kabir, Gibran, poems about The Mevlevi and KAP. That's quite a lot;-)

Do I need to join the lineage or something in order to do these meditations at nurmuhammad site.?

The Opening of the Heart is done during the fourth

stage of the Awakening Process of becoming an Arhant.

If you haven't opened the Heart already then this is

THE ONLY WAY.

WARNING:

The kind of friction and hassle that YOU WILL encounter

from all of the realms will be close to unsurmountable.

This is to include Angels and Archangels, people that

have been on the path for tens of millions of years.

In effect, Angels and Archangels will become Demons.

They become Demons because they are using Ignorance,

Desire, and Aversion...these are the three parts.

Man is afraid of Demon three times, Demon is afraid of

Man seven times. This is unenlightened man. What the

seven parts are maybe:

Charity -- the key of charity and love immortal;

Uprightness -- the key of harmony in word and act;

Forbearance -- patience sweet, that nought can ruffle;

Dispassion -- indifference to pleasure and to pain;

Dauntlessness -- the dauntless energy that fights its way to the supernal truth;

Contemplation -- the open doorway to truth.

The seventh part is unknown but I strongly suspect that

it is HUMOR and a SLIGHT SMILE :) .

Shakyamuni had so much love for EVERY SINGLE BEING that he

gave us the TRUTH. The real truth.

A lot of people in the Universe will keep you from what is

yours. You will be chasing after MONEY THAT IS ALREADY MADE

BY YOU.

The key to beating all of the four stages of sainthood of

"Buddhism" is EXECUTING ALL-ACCOMPLISHING WISDOM for every

single stage.

Awakened people are made by EARTH, not by Heaven.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/

This is how many people are made by Earth in a week.

There is no reliable way to predict an EARTHQUAKE because

EARTH certifies MAN.

Theravada is the WAY. Not Vajrayana or Mahayana. They try to

attract you with stuff that will distort you. They use "weapons"

such as "symbols" such as purbas and vajras in order to

use repetitions of their "meanings" so that you will

TUNE OUT VIRTUE and get tired of virtue.

In effect, most people have the virtue and the values that

they need in order to move forward. The CHURCH is made to

fucking lie to you and put you in shame. Avoid that shit.

The ten fetters were also poisoned.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art37690.asp

1. Belief in not being able to change for the better.

2. Doubt of intuitive good things (this is real, virtue is already programmed) it said Dharma teachings of the Buddha...basically they want 84,000 discourses...not so.

3. Attachment to rites and rituals – Religious rites and rituals should not be taken as a guarantee to spiritual progress. In other words, just because you go through the actions of a purification ritual doesn’t mean it helped along your path. (This is really rest and recovery)

4. Sensual desire (sensual desire can be career advancement)

5. Ill will or hatred (This is AVERSION, to include fear, and includes

annoyances and pet peeves.)

6. Craving for the world of archetypal forms (this means don't trust anybody to help you)

7. Lust for immaterial existence, lust for material existence

8. Pride in self, conceit, arrogance (ask for help but don't really expect complete relief)

9. Restlessness, distraction

10. Ignorance (to include prioritization)

It is said that if one can break the first three fetters achieves a state of Stream Entry. This person enters a stream, which is to carry him to Nirvana. A person who is able to break all 10 achieves enlightenment.

This is what I consider to be the ULTIMATE TRUTH because I've been fighting with forces for since I was a little kid. I see it as the ULTIMATE TRUTH.

By praying to HEAVEN you are attracting even more FUCKING TROUBLE. FUCK THAT SHIT.

Angels, Archangels, Gods, and Anti-Gods are part of an old testament structure that are going to keep on giving you trouble. Because it is their job, they are keeping people away from giving to their fellow beings. Don't hold a grudge against them.

During the stages of sainthood, mistakes will be made constantly.

DO NOT CONSIDER BUDDHAHOOD to be the endstage of human evolution.

Man is good at heart, not perfect, but good at heart. The strength

required to keep on the path has to be HUGE.

May the Universe be with you.

AND KEEP IN MIND that the virtues defeat everything.

Virtue is not as hard as it is made to be.

Edited by lino

Sifusufi, thanks for the links! i'll check out em all out :)

Kate, thanks for the quote-- it makes sense :)

Lino, hmmm thanks for your input...i apreciate your good will--cheers :)

Ramon, cheers mate- osho was a funny guy :)

peace

Ed

Intriguing points...thanks!

But what is your source for all this?

An earthquake declared both Jesus and Shakyamuni.

For Angels, Archangels, Gods, Anti-Gods, and Demons; "No craving for archtypical forms",

and the Demon Mara attack when Shakyamuni attacked before awakening.