CheslinK

Ohm my goodness, sweet forum...

What's good everyone? :D

I luckily came across this forum on some sort of google journey. I was looking for places to learn more about taoism and energy practices, just the place! I have read Mantak Chia's The Multi Orgasmic Man... sometime when I was 19 or so, and I just recently read Taoist Secrets of Love. I still do not quite understand the techniques, and would love further elaboration from some seasoned practitioners in upcoming posts.

I am 23 years old, and currently living in South Korea teaching English. I've got plenty of free time outside of my working environment in which I am trying to progress forward spiritually/mentally/physically. In terms of physical routines I have been doing P90X for the past month. I'm slowly weaning myself off meats (I was vegetarian for 7 months, but have been eating meat for the past year). I've been eating a lot more raw foods as in the past week or so, and am continuing with this trend. Spiritually, I have been slowly building up a routine meditation practice. I've meditated on and off for the past 3 or 4 years with no continuous practice. I'm trying to get a healthier sleeping routine as well. Mentally, I have been doing lots of reading and have just recently begun watching Understanding Qigong by Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming. I also have downloaded Mantak Chia's huge dvd collection of teachings. I graduated college with Religion and Anthropology degrees. I focused more on Buddhism than anything else. This has been my start thus far.

I have been googling any sort of energy practices in Korea and have not had positive results. I have just recently found certified Tai Chi practitioners who work in hospitals and have e-mailed them to see if they can pass me along to some teachers.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Books, starting exercises, words of advice for someone new to Taoism.

Peace,

CheslinK

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of knowledgable people here who I am sure will help.

Enjoy your stay.

John