Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

MANIFESTING

>>>Manifesting..we should start a new thread.<<<

O.k. T, here I am with the new topic:

>>>When you say you haven't had the time to 'do' the practices that gives me a clue as to what is going on. I find manifesting to be very taoist. You are already 'doing it'.<<<<

This is based on the assumptopm that all this "manifesting" stuff really works... I am personally in an in-between state regarding belief in my full manifestation capabilities and forming reality by intent and the believe in being bound to certain Karmic principles & influences from my past (including past lives)...

I do very much see the immediate importance of what your mind is set upon... if it is set upon failure it will produce failure... if it is set on success there is much more possibility to succeed... but that is basics...

lets create the following scenere:

people who speak about manifestation speak about things like:

"you want a Ferrari... so keep the cear picture of a Ferrari in your mind... get into your inner universe and create it there and you will find things materializing in the world"...

While I see a chance for this to work I wonder what one woul say to a 16 year old... "you want a Ferrari, so imagine it with a clear piczture and it will materialize"??? Well. Maybe he gets a Ferrari Matchbox car or one ride with it sitting in the back... but more?

So the main question is. Does intended manifestation only work if the situations are given (ones Karma in time & place)?

>>Can you tell me what your sources of information are on this topic? I think the clearest one I found was from the abraham-hicks material, but I've been exposed to alot of different ideas and approaches.<<

Oh. I am the proud owner of the Miracle Manifestation/15 minute miracle Manual

http://www.15minutemiracle.com/page/page/1658968.htm

do own the Life Transformation Formula

http://www.elprehzleinn.com/

which I really want to "work" through

and very likely the first time I really thought about the subject was with getting a little bit involved with Sedona & Release technique...

>>But basically, you are already manifesting your intentions. So there is nothing to 'do'. You only need to become aware of what it is you are intending. Then the next step is to reduce the resistance. So manifesting is really about doing less, not more. It's about getting rid of the resistance to having what you intend come into your life.<<

O.k. But this is basic, isn't it? If I have the intent to be busy I will be... if I sent my intent on being not busy I won't... but take the job of a doctor... if you take responsibility you will be busy... but if you lack it you will have many things following which might not be part of your intent of being lazy... laziness can keep you quite busy...

>>The best thing to do is to test this out first. Then you'll know how it works..

Intend something, drop all desire to force or coerce the 'how', and watch what happens. You can use your emotions to guage how you are doing. When you feel good about your intention, trust that things are coming. If you feel bad, then you have to find the resistance. If you want, we can have some give and take to perhaps find out what that resistance is.

Make sense?<<

See. I'd pretty much enjoy my bank account to be cleared... I do have my intent set upon it... but unfortunately money is not manifesting just that easy... ;)

>>>Thanks for asking about my mom...in a nutshell, she scared the crap out of me by some of the stuff I personally witnessed. Until I got to grow older and see it all differently. Sorry to be obtuse, but it's a complicated subject and one more for the give and take of a conversation over a beer.<<<

Cool. When you ever make your way to Berlin/Germany... let me know

:)

Harry

Harry wrote some stuff that I quoted below..(cause I got lazy doing the quote/endquote..but now I realize mabe that was better..hmmm)

>>I am personally in an in-between state regarding belief in my full manifestation capabilities and forming reality by intent and the believe in being bound to certain Karmic principles & influences from my past (including past lives)...<<

Me too. Karma seems to be extremely complex. How much influence Karma has based on intention and vice versa is a good mind bender. So, yeah.

>>lets create the following scenere:

people who speak about manifestation speak about things like:

"you want a Ferrari... so keep the cear picture of a Ferrari in your mind... get into your inner universe and create it there and you will find things materializing in the world"...

See. I'd pretty much enjoy my bank account to be cleared... I do have my intent set upon it... but unfortunately money is not manifesting just that easy... ;)

>>

This is the common idea regarding manifestation. And obviously it doesn't really work all the time. It's not like that star trek episode where everyone's thoughts materialized. To quote Don Juan from the Castaneda works, we would become 'unbearable' if we were to manifest everything we wanted on a whim like that. But let me rephrase that..we could if there was no resistance to it. Resistance comes in the form of your world view, your beliefs, your attitudes, your 'assemblage point'.

So, Harry, you might see and feel your bank account cleared, but how do you really feel about that? This is the tricky part. See, you might spend a few minutes intending your bank account. Then an hour later, talking to a friend you might say, 'hey joe, if you really want something you have to work for it.' or 'joe, nothing comes easy out there, you gotta bust your ass to be successfull.' or you might have a belief that people who have money probably cheated their way to it. There is an old saying 'behind every great fortune, there is a great crime'. So if you believe this, your parents and friend believe this, you are really intending this, not the 'cleared bank account'. When you intend the bank account, but your day to day beliefs are contrary, then you can see why nothing happens. You have to be in alignment with your intentions. It's alot like the 6 harmonies of internal arts..heart and mind, etc.

Abraham-hicks talks about the 'emotional guidance system'. When you are intending, check your feelings, if you feel really great and it feels like you have it...then you are in alignment. If you have some nagging feelings, some doubt, then start running through your attitudes towards it. You could even use a friend to help point out your resistance to getting what you want.

ok gotta go for now..

T

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sure what you address makes sense. No doubt... but I need more. Can you give me examples of majorly manifesting things you wanted by simply imagining it and letting go your resistence to it... and this on a continuous basis (otherwise one can always assume it was just "big luck one time"...)

>>>we could if there was no resistance to it. Resistance comes in the form of your world view, your beliefs, your attitudes, your 'assemblage point'.<<<

Can you give me a sure way to clear ones resistance in the term of beliefs, feelings, mind talk? The biggest obstacle already seems to be to fully belief in that it is possible and works...

:rolleyes:

Harry

I knew a 16 year old who wanted to manifest a red ferrari. He spent one week saying daily affirmations like..I own a beautiful red ferrari, I love my beautiful red ferrari etc. At the end of the week, no car.

He stepped up the affirmation process the second week. With every breath in he'd think, 'I have'. With every breath out he'd think 'red ferrari'. He did this for a whole week. Every conscious breath FERRARI, Ferrari, ferrari, thousands of times. By the end of the week nothing to show for it.

He stepped it up higher. He closed his eyes and visualized a red ferrari. He'd brush his teeth, eyes closed visualizing it, he'd eat with eyes shut, visualizing, he'd walk outside visualizing it.

And on the 7th day of the third week - BAM something hit him fast and hard as he crossed the street w/ his eyes closed. As he lay in a pool of blood, his eyes stared w/ fading sight at what hit him. A red ferrari.

The moral is, if want something, wishing and affirmation are nice, but keep your eyes open. The universe helps those who help themselves and tends to play dirty tricks on those who would seek short cuts.

Michael

Thelerner, Nice Ferrarri story!

Thaddeus, you are a fellow Abraham head! Abraham is *the* source when it comes to this subject, imo. She's cleared a lot of mysteries up for me. I've been following her for 4 years. She has improved all aspects of my life and has taken a bad marriage and made it into a great one by forcing me to look past my partner and look at my own vibration. She promised that this would happen and it did: when I improved my thoughts and feelings towards Mrs. Yoda, she transformed before my very eyes and she's a totally different person now! Whatever the subject at hand, the whole transformation is a gradual one. If you want a Ferrarri, maybe break it down into more bite sized pieces like learning how to day trade successfully or just enjoy one's job more to increase your earnings, etc. You have to be able to believe whatever it is that you are intending so you'll feel good about it as you make your intentions. If you feel negative about the intentions, it'll just backfire like in Thelerner's example (if you belief death is bad, of course.) In the end, even the Ferrari owners don't give a shit about the car itself, the bottom line is how your goal makes you feel. Milarepa didn't even need clothes or food to feel ecstatic. Nothing against, Ferraris, of course, if anyone has an extra send it my way, but it's a long division approach to happiness, that's all.

I like Tom and Penlope Pauley's work. They talk about the right way to ask when to let go and how to plant seeds in the world that help bring things to us if its for our greatest good. richdreams.com

In terms of the use of affirmations, what I've learned from Abraham/Silva/Advancedyogapractices.com is that you are best off making the affirmations in an alpha/meditative state. Check out samyama at ayp. Meditation is more valuable than affirmations, though, as life elicits affirmations and desires out of each of us naturally.

In recent years my goals have been to improve my marriage and to find a good practice routine. While those goals are never 100% complete, I feel that I have achieved those two goals. My third goal is to create an empire: 100 acres of retreat center that will lure pals, bumz, locals, artists, teachers, etc to my backyard. I've recently "officially" started the pursuit of this objective. It'll take a 50% increase in my income to do achieve phase 1. I intend to achieve this within 2 years.

After nailing phase 1 (20 acres) I'll work on my ambition to be a comedian. First goal to be a funny one, second goal to be a profitable one.

Fundamentally, I don't care how long all this will take as long as I'm having fun with it. Also it is to be accomplished not at the expense of the first two goals. I want those to progress first and foremost.

-Yoda

In recent years my goals have been to improve my marriage and to find a good practice routine. While those goals are never 100% complete, I feel that I have achieved those two goals. My third goal is to create an empire: 100 acres of retreat center that will lure pals, bumz, locals, artists, teachers, etc to my backyard. I've recently "officially" started the pursuit of this objective. It'll take a 50% increase in my income to do achieve phase 1. I intend to achieve this within 2 years.

Funny, I wanted to make a taoist village from a long time.

Maybe we could share dreams

Pietro

I knew a 16 year old who wanted to manifest a red ferrari. He spent one week saying daily affirmations like..I own a beautiful red ferrari, I love my beautiful red ferrari etc. At the end of the week, no car.

He stepped up the affirmation process the second week. With every breath in he'd think, 'I have'. With every breath out he'd think 'red ferrari'. He did this for a whole week. Every conscious breath FERRARI, Ferrari, ferrari, thousands of times. By the end of the week nothing to show for it.

He stepped it up higher. He closed his eyes and visualized a red ferrari. He'd brush his teeth, eyes closed visualizing it, he'd eat with eyes shut, visualizing, he'd walk outside visualizing it.

And on the 7th day of the third week - BAM something hit him fast and hard as he crossed the street w/ his eyes closed. As he lay in a pool of blood, his eyes stared w/ fading sight at what hit him. A red ferrari.

The moral is, if want something, wishing and affirmation are nice, but keep your eyes open. The universe helps those who help themselves and tends to play dirty tricks on those who would seek short cuts.

Michael

I wanted to respond to this and to Harry's general questions..

First, Yoda..yeah, I read and experimented alot and the abraham stuff seems to be so logical. It is certainly odd to read 'channeled' material...(i'm extremely skeptical by nature) but this stuff rings so true. Anyway, back to Mike's example..Mike, this example (true or not) is rife with belief systems and it affects one's circumstances whether they are conscious of it or not..For example, a 16 y/o boy wanting a ferrari is somehow 'bad' and the universe will punish him for his greediness. The example also shows that visualizing is a 'short cut' which is bad because everyone needs to work hard and long for what they get.

So Harry, this answers your question about resistance. If someone resonates with the above story and they spend time visualizing something for themselves, it can never work. In someone else's belief system, they don't believe the universe is going to harm you and let you lay in a pool of blood because you wanted something really bad. Mike, not picking on you, just using the story to illustrate how deeply ingrained our belief systems are..it's like reading the ingredients on boxes looking for transfats--it's often hidden and under our noses without being really aware of it.

So Harry, the best way to reduce resistance (and this I learned from the A/H material) is to soften the belief.

It's hard to take up a new belief. So if you do believe that people need to work hard and long to get what they want, you can start to 'soften' that belief by thinking of ways that people can get what they want by not working hard and still be good people. Maybe they saved someone's life and they got a reward, or perhaps they discovered a unique skill. So you can change the belief a little to 'sometimes people can get what they want by not working hard and long' and then you start to get in more alignment with your desires.

You asked for examples..one month I won $100 three times using those scratch off tickets. Another time I spent about 2 weeks visualizng $2500 on a scratch off game and won it. It stopped working when I got over confident and tried to 'will' myself to win more and told all my friends about it. Relationships are very easy to manifest. Just watch out because with relationships, the manifesting never stops and you often start to 'intend' things you don't want based on your personal issues. This is behind a lot of the 'gee, I thought you were my soulmate, but I was wrong' experiences. Some stuff is extremely personal, but I had enough experiences to trust this process. Btw, if you are christian, jesus talked about manifestation constantly..i can post some examples. I dn't belong to any religion, per se, just more familiar with that context.

Remember what I said before and don't get crazy starting to visualize specifics situation..like if you start to visualize a specific situation, it might not work. Remember we don't want to be unbearable. Intent is an ocean and we need to ride it, not direct it according to our whims (my insight).

anyway..let me know what you think..

T

Pietro

That's the idea! :) My pal bought the first chunk of land and has established a killer vibe already. There's another chunk that will be available in another year or so I can add on to what he's done. After that, there are many more acres owned by a very elderly man, etc.

Obviously, getting over 100 acres will require plenty of synchronicity and savoirfaire and anyone is welcome to visit and check out the vibe and just visit regularly or actually buy in if so moved. But we'll have an annual taobums retreat for sure!

-Yoda

Let me know when the retreats start, I'm in. It'll help if they're kid friendly though.

The Red Ferrari story(fake, humorous?). I am prejudiced about some wishes. The 16 year old who gets the ferrari through affirmation or otherwise is in for expensive speeding tickets, sky high insurance rates and general paranoia at best. Wrapping it around a tree and killing themselves at worst.

Just repeating the old cautionary tales. Lots of affirmation systems, when and how to wish. But things given easily and cheaply lack the value of things worked for.

Michael

I am reliably informed that we "pray"/"attempt to manifest"/"transmit our fears and desires" with every single thought. Our entire lives are manifested in this fashion.

Those things which we manifest as swift, noticeable, isolated, instances happen, either because it doesn't clash with the desires of others, or because we are particularly loud and clear, or both.

More importantly, every single unfulfilled desire (and fear) will be, has to be, fulfilled eventually. This is how creation is created and maintained.

Be ever so, ever so careful in these practices, is my advice. You may be wishing for something lovely, but if at the same time you're amping up your wish power, and you haven't learned to control your thoughts yet.....

Call me Cassandra....

Michael, No charge, totally kid friendly, possibly no agenda, perhaps a bit of practice depending on the crowd. See ya in a couple of years!

at the same time you're amping up your wish power, and you haven't learned to control your thoughts yet.....

That's also exactly why too much energy practice with not enough meditation can be very challenging, and why I'm not not totally gungho on extreme retention, standing, and sungazing at the moment. That's what happened to the badass high energy practitioners like RJ and Yudelove, imo. When I was sungazing, my power to manifest was high but my manifestations were as stable as Einsteinium. I'm now a believer in the slow boat... keeping the yang of desire and ambition in balance with the yin of bliss and allowing. Corporate trainers, coaches, self-improvement books all emphasize the former so you really have to make a point of making sure you are getting the latter.

Pietro

virtual sangha going real. Cool. :)

I like prayers a lot more than manifesting-- I may not get what I want, but I always get what I need.

Also I've found that if I need something so that I can help others, it's easier to get it than if I need it for myself.

I like prayers a lot more than manifesting-- I may not get what I want, but I always get what I need.

Also I've found that if I need something so that I can help others, it's easier to get it than if I need it for myself.

I noticed that too..and I meant to point that out before..Rumi wrote about how if you want something, create a 'need' and it's so true. Back to the ferrari example, big difference between wanting and needing. In my opinion, 'need' creates a vacuum that is naturally filled (again back to the tao and nature) where as a want is like adding to a filled cup.

anyway, don't want to sound a like a know it all..lol, but I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about this stuff and analyzing it.

T

That's the idea! :) My pal bought the first chunk of land and has established a killer vibe already. There's another chunk that will be available in another year or so I can add on to what he's done. After that, there are many more acres owned by a very elderly man, etc.

Obviously, getting over 100 acres will require plenty of synchronicity and savoirfaire and anyone is welcome to visit and check out the vibe and just visit regularly or actually buy in if so moved. But we'll have an annual taobums retreat for sure!

-Yoda

Which country? Under which laws?

What I have been dreaming is a taoist village. Not a retreat center. i see too many of them. Centers that only exist thanks to the money brought in by the students. Although it seems nice at the beginning, it seem to me like a big trap. If the village can only exist thanks to the teaching that is making it really is not susatining itself out of its own work. I went to Wengen some years ago for one summer looking what was the situation. Essentially it had become a small hotel. This is not what I am looking for. Instead I really like the idea of people hanging around and having their own job. Maybe as artists, or working with the land, or through internet. And then sharing a common philosophy.

Teacher told me they use to exist in the land of the dragon, everybody minding for himself. When external people would arrive, each wife would go back and stay with their own husband, not to expose the whole village. Everybody following its own morality. I actually know a place like that in Italy, althoug it is not related to Taoism.

everything in your life is manifested by you.

it's all a hypnotic illusion in which we (each individual) plays the main character. our whole situation came about by personal choice.

it's all manifestation.

but then to consciously do it is another thing.

thaddeus made a point when it's about beliefs.

it's also about whether you think you really deserve it or not. to want is one thing, but not enough. to really get something is to remove all the obstructions to whatever it is you want.

you want a million dollars.... what for? what will you do with it? do you really feel deep within your being that you deserve it? that you will do only good with it? that it will really improve your and everyone else around you life?

with whatever it is you are trying to manifest, look inside and see if you really deeply feel worthy of it.

for example for myself i began trying to manifest a million dollars. after a while i started to look deeper inside myself and realised that i really didn't feel like i needed a million dollars.... so how would i manage to manifest it? changed to 100,000. still don't need that much. 50,000... still no. 20,000 is an acceptable number... but still i have internal resistance to that. but its acceptable so now i am going about letting go of my resistance, why is it that i don't think i need that much?

I tried and tried to manifest money, a better job, etc. Was lighting my green candle, doing sessions with Mark Blessington, etc. Then I just gave up. I decided to stop working with Mark because I'm trying to do the just one path thing for now, and that path is Warriorschool. But I started paying off debt more seriously. Used my entire bonus to pay off one collection agency, my entire tax refund to pay off another, and now all I owe is student loans. Next thing I know I get a 30% raise at work out of nowhere, wow. But I still have all these things I need. I was thinking how I really need my car to be functional for my volunteer work, and about how it would be easier to stay connected if I had a cell, etc. etc. Then I find this part-time gig out of nowhere, saw a post on craigslist and sent an e-mail and got hired almost instantly. I still have thousands of dollars in student loans and my job may end a year from now, and I'm not really fulfilling my life mission or anything, but I feel like I'm being taken care of solely because I'm trying to do what's right.

Then I just gave up.

That's why affirmations and revving up desire are secondary to relaxation and bliss in importance. A friend of mine was recently dying and really desired strongly to live and it didn't help one bit. Only when he resigned himself peacefully to death did his health problems disapear. We all know stories like that.

To be a megastar like Bill Gates or Michael Jordan, you need to redline the desire but even they need to keep the fun as the primary ingredient.

My other hidden message was that I believe that if you spend properly when I receive money (as in, use it to pay off debts instead of going shoe shopping) it probably helps get more...

Thelerner, Nice Ferrarri story!

Thaddeus, you are a fellow Abraham head! Abraham is *the* source when it comes to this subject, imo. She's cleared a lot of mysteries up for me. I've been following her for 4 years. She has improved all aspects of my life and has taken a bad marriage and made it into a great one by forcing me to look past my partner and look at my own vibration. She promised that this would happen and it did: when I improved my thoughts and feelings towards Mrs. Yoda, she transformed before my very eyes and she's a totally different person now! Whatever the subject at hand, the whole transformation is a gradual one. If you want a Ferrarri, maybe break it down into more bite sized pieces like learning how to day trade successfully or just enjoy one's job more to increase your earnings, etc. You have to be able to believe whatever it is that you are intending so you'll feel good about it as you make your intentions. If you feel negative about the intentions, it'll just backfire like in Thelerner's example (if you belief death is bad, of course.) In the end, even the Ferrari owners don't give a shit about the car itself, the bottom line is how your goal makes you feel. Milarepa didn't even need clothes or food to feel ecstatic. Nothing against, Ferraris, of course, if anyone has an extra send it my way, but it's a long division approach to happiness, that's all.

Yoda, I find this info about changing oneself, which has an effect of changing other EXTREEMLY interesting.

I know nothing of this Abraham (Abraham-hicks, I gather from wikipedia), and generally consider most of channelled stuff as authenthic bullshit, plus often very logorroic. But the results you said (with your wife) seems very good. How often does our thoughts stop others from evolving. How often can we help another person just by thinking them differently.

Can you give some hints on:

what books/products to take, and what to stir away from.

A good introduction.

Something specific about how our thoughts affect each other (as well as how others thought affect us).

Thanks,

Pietro

Sign in to follow this