Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Natural events

As I am stuck here in Portugal my flight being canceled because of a huge cloud of volcanic ash from Iceland (and its getting worse apparently) - all the UK airports are closed as far as I can tell, I am contemplating the idea of how vulnerable modern life is to nature still. Things we take for granted are easily disrupted.

The question in my mind is this - how much are these events related to a psycho-spiritual crisis in mankind? Are disasters getting more frequent or are they just being reported better? Is there a kind of spiritual vacuum a 'world tiredness' which makes us want these things to happen and are we secretly willing a more turbulent world?

What do you think? What would Lao Tse say?

John

The question in my mind is this - how much are these events related to a psycho-spiritual crisis in mankind? Are disasters getting more frequent or are they just being reported better? Is there a kind of spiritual vacuum a 'world tiredness' which makes us want these things to happen and are we secretly willing a more turbulent world?

What do you think?

John

Natural events are exactly and only what they are - natural events.

Yes, they are being reported better now-a-days.

And yes, it is probably true that many of us live to hear about the disasters of others. I guess it gives them a form of peace knowing that womeone else is worse off than they are.

I believe that we should not try to add anything on to these natural occurances. This would be an error. This planet is alive (in a sense) and it is doing what it needs to do. No evil scheme behind what is happening. There is no god who is punishing anyone.

Peace & Love!

Natural events are exactly and only what they are - natural events.

Yes, they are being reported better now-a-days.

And yes, it is probably true that many of us live to hear about the disasters of others. I guess it gives them a form of peace knowing that womeone else is worse off than they are.

I believe that we should not try to add anything on to these natural occurances. This would be an error. This planet is alive (in a sense) and it is doing what it needs to do. No evil scheme behind what is happening. There is no god who is punishing anyone.

Peace & Love!

Hi MH,

I wasn't thinking so much about evil events/schemes but more that somehow we resonate with our environment and it seems, at least, to be getting more turbulent than it was. This is not so much 'bad' but just reflective of how things are.

Cheers

John

Either what Marblehead said,

OR...

yes, the world is falling to bits and we must run for safe ground, and any number of paranoic fantasies about why it is falling to bits and much pointy figures at those to blame..

Who knows.

Oh yes, those with special knowledge know... the ones you see with the sandwich boards telling us 'the end of the world is nigh'...

:)

I hope it's ok for you to be stuck in Portugal. Are you near Pietro?!

its all of the above. We are always through the lower mind dreaming

a collective experience. It's haphazard and controlled by the same

mechanism that forms the mind so the out come generates 99% of the time

towards the negative or undesired potentials.

Each individual reality or persona can free from duality and

manifest into any form of time line and not one necessarily

similar in any way to what seems current. Resistance never exists as conflict

except in the presence of fear. Without the support of fear resistance becomes generation

and increased potential. the root of all fear is fear of death and is the cap on life force potential that governs existence here in this world. Without it the line between being and non-being becomes too thin and the loss of self as soul perception becomes a real possibility. To be, or not to be really is the question of all time.

This whole soul path seeking thing we all do is a wind up and precursor to the main event

It's a way to guarantee survival by engaging more and more completely in the one part of our self that may survive the dive into emptiness, the mind.

Either what Marblehead said,

OR...

yes, the world is falling to bits and we must run for safe ground, and any number of paranoic fantasies about why it is falling to bits and much pointy figures at those to blame..

Who knows.

Oh yes, those with special knowledge know... the ones you see with the sandwich boards telling us 'the end of the world is nigh'...

:)

I hope it's ok for you to be stuck in Portugal. Are you near Pietro?!

Its great to be stuck in Portugal ...the more stuckage the better ... I'm not sure where Pietro is ... maybe Coimbra in which case I'm not very near.

Scratch that.

Were all a bunch of Drama Queens and really get off on all the striff

:lol:

Scratch that.

Were all a bunch of Drama Queens and really get off on all the striff

striff doesnt do it for me, not my bag.

Apepch, yes Pietro is in Coimbra I think. Have you been to Bom Jesus? Quite amazing place...

striff doesnt do it for me, not my bag.

Apepch, yes Pietro is in Coimbra I think. Have you been to Bom Jesus? Quite amazing place...

No - that's in the North isn't it ... maybe I should go there.

Hi MH,

I wasn't thinking so much about evil events/schemes but more that somehow we resonate with our environment and it seems, at least, to be getting more turbulent than it was. This is not so much 'bad' but just reflective of how things are.

Cheers

John

I understand what you are suggesting but I think you might be placing too much importance on the actions of humanity as far as what this planet does in order to maintain its balance.

And true, from the point of view of the planet, what it is doing is not evil at all.

Peace & Love!

Yes, it is in the north, so the weather wont be so good for you but it is such an unusual place, spectacular and - to me - bizarre.

And the area is beautiful. I think I went there after having been to Santiago de Compostela, across the border. Also a place really worth seeing, I think. Drive-able.

I mention these because you are stuck! Just with the idea of doing some unexpected looking around.. which is always really fun.:)

I guess it's possible that negative thoughts are making stuff happen.

But I definitely don't think we should discredit the influence that an improved media has. We just hear about stuff more often.

Think of rogue waves in the ocean- huge waves that travel around and can easily destroy ships. Back in the past, ships would disappear for no reason. Then we'd get legends and rumors of gigantic waves, but no real confirmed evidence. Then now we know that rogue waves do exist, there's been documentation, and if you want to find out about them you easily can get info on them. Do they happen any more or less frequently? I don't think so, but now that more people know about them, they are maybe more worried about it.

Think of rogue waves ...

Yes, there has been a lot more info available concerning these occurances. And they happen a lot more frequently than anyone ever imagined. It is said that it was a rough wave that took down the Edmund Fitzgerald, where was it?, in Lake Michigan?

Nature is strange to our human minds sometimes.

Peace & Love!

Yes, there has been a lot more info available concerning these occurances. And they happen a lot more frequently than anyone ever imagined. It is said that it was a rough wave that took down the Edmund Fitzgerald, where was it?, in Lake Michigan?

Nature is strange to our human minds sometimes.

Peace & Love!

It went down in Lake Superior.

ralis

This world is a dynamic system which is always changing. All the variables in this world system have effects on every other variable. "Non Linear Dynamics" is a good place to start in learning about dynamic systems. Not an easy subject.

ralis

This world is a dynamic system which is always changing. All the variables in this world system have effects on every other variable. "Non Linear Dynamics" is a good place to start in learning about dynamic systems. Not an easy subject.

ralis

Yes Ralis,

Good one. This is to the point I think. There is a kind of resonance between the different effects in our world and I think that is behind the intuitive feeling that the natural events and our state of being are connected. I would cite the sensitivity of animals in predicting earthquakes and so on. This is only possible when you see the world as being about complex interconnectedness.

John

ralis

Yeah. And actually, this is one place where the Buddhists are not really off the mark when they speak of interdependancy. This effects that. That is dependant on this.

The Dynamic Tao!

Peace & Love!

Brilliant! Then, many individuals are having a collective experience right now, stuck in airports, yes? :lol: Their dreams having come true!

apepch, how are the crowds behaving in your airport?

Well its very chaotic which is why I am not at the airport:), lucky for me I am staying with friends and that's ok. From news today looks like the cloud is spreading and flights still canceled so who knows when things will get going.

I like it here so it is a dream come true I suppose :lol::lol::lol:

There may be something with the supernatural side of things, but the main reason for the increase in earthquakes and volcanoes and tidal waves is quite simple--global warming. It's a direct cause and effect. As the glaciers in Antarctica

http://www.starbulletin.com/columnists/factsofthematter/20100416_Glaciers_retreat_puts_strain_on_ecosystems.html

and in other places around the globe, it is suddenly (in geological terms) removing weight from spots on the earth's tectonic plates. This causes movement and shifting, causing earthquakes, volcanoes and tidal waves.

Hi Witch,

Yes, I have already heard that suggestion and I think it is a valid one. Proof to support it is hard to come by though.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this