Sign in to follow this  
John Zen

Bliss is Everywhere!

The world is beautiful. Walking today, I am amazed simply at trees and at the sprouting plants. Bright colors and intricate design! Everywhere we walk, everything we see, all of this world is a display of harmony, intelligence, beauty, and truth!

---

We always focus on the negative, especially as a society. In the news, we never (or rarely) hear of good things. It's always the murder, the economic troubles, the conflicts. And this is the nature of the Beast, the nature of the Ego.

Just as 99.9% of the world is empty space and all of our conceptions are based off of the tiny minority of truth, so society focuses on the few isolated events of evil. And so we focus on that, and it brings us down. But in reality, how much of life are people polite? Do we feel good? Is harmony and abundance all around us? Even a fat sick ugly man is a miracle, and we never see it. Bliss is everywhere!! The degree to which we perceive this truth is the degree to which we are enlightened. I am beginning to see the serenity, to hear the silence, and to feel the balance that pervades everything, and it is always there. Focus on it!

The world is beautiful. Walking today, I am amazed simply at trees and at the sprouting plants. Bright colors and intricate design! Everywhere we walk, everything we see, all of this world is a display of harmony, intelligence, beauty, and truth!

Bliss is everywhere!! The degree to which we perceive this truth is the degree to which we are enlightened. I am beginning to see the serenity, to hear the silence, and to feel the balance that pervades everything, and it is always there. Focus on it!

Just wanted to let you know that I agree with you John Zen.

We find what we are looking for.

Peace & Love!

:)

Our perceptions are a mirror of where we are at in our energy in any given moment.

Great topic, I totally agree. In particular, looking for beautiful patterns in nature is a fantastic spiritual practice.

I enjoy speaking of the rose.

Most of us know that the rose has thorns and if we grasp the rose where there are thorns we are going to feel pain.

But, if we do not try to grasp the rose but only stand at a distance and admire its beauty all we get if a feeling of the wonderous beauty of nature.

There is nothing written where it states that we must subject ourselves to pain and suffering. We can avoid those negatives and just enjoy the beauties.

Peace & Love!

Pain and pleasure go together, like yin and yang. You can't have one without the other. If you want pleasure, you also have to learn to deal with pain.

I enjoy speaking of the rose.

Most of us know that the rose has thorns and if we grasp the rose where there are thorns we are going to feel pain.

But, if we do not try to grasp the rose but only stand at a distance and admire its beauty all we get if a feeling of the wonderous beauty of nature.

There is nothing written where it states that we must subject ourselves to pain and suffering. We can avoid those negatives and just enjoy the beauties.

Peace & Love!

Pain and pleasure go together, like yin and yang. You can't have one without the other. If you want pleasure, you also have to learn to deal with pain.

I have always and will always disagree with this understanding.

Now sure, we do sometimes make errors and we end up with pains. But we do not need pain in order to have pleasure. Just so as we do not need ugly in order to see beauty.

Now, I realize that our dualistic brain tells us that for everything there is an opposite. But if we can go beyond the functioning of our brain and function at the level of our soul or spirit we find that there are not opposites. Rather, there are conditions. Some we judge as evil, others we judge as good. But without judgement they are simply conditions.

Yes, I live in this state a lot of the time. Other times I digress back into dualistic thinking.

Yes, I feel pains. I am an old man and broke my hip after I had turned 60. The life expectancy for people breaking their hip after the age of 60 is that 85 percent die within one year. Obviously I made it into the 15 percent. Yes, there was a lot of pain involved during the healing process and I had very little pleasure.

But still and all, if we can see the beauty that almost everything in life has then we will rarely be depressed by what we calssify as ugly. If we see the pleasure in almost everything in life there will be little room for pain.

It is my opinion that we need, at least occasionally, get beyond our limited thinking in dualistic terms and see each thing and event in its own light without trying to compare it with something else.

Peace & Love!

Fragrant pink rosebushes are my favorite! :D

(And I don't touch them... :P )

I do have one almost pink. Actually, it is more peach. And yes, sometime I do have to touch it. And yes, sometimes a thorn will get me. But that's what you get when you live with rose bushes.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this