Eviander

Kundalini

You give some great advice. I am really impressed. Very thoughtful approach towards kundalini, not just this post but all your post.

I have never seen a blue pearl, ever. I have never really had visual stuff from kundalini or audible. More like mental and energetic and physical. The crown of my head actually grew!

Also if you dont mind me asking what is a chi set?

thanks

Ramon, are you the poster in the thread who said they were taking KAP with Santi? :) I am his teaching partner. My kundalini woke up back in the early 90s. For a few years I taught with Dr. Glenn Morris, author of Path Notes of an American Ninja Master, and also Santiago Dobles' mentor and friend. They created the KAP program together. I have been teaching and advising about kundalini since the late 90s.

Yes, the crown does grow and change shape along the cranial suture lines. One of the other subtle things about kundalini.

Have you ever seen an electric blue color like this:electric%20blue.jpg

This is the color of Shakti (in yin aspect) as well as the blue pearl.

It is also the color of vajradhara.

http://www.buddhanature.com/buddha/vajradhara.html

If you are aware of this color it is auspicious indeed. It also has a feel to it like a menthol cool. It also adds a quality of thickness to the air when present.

If you are taking KAP, a chi set is a set of chi kung exercises that we teach. So we teach a set of four basic chi kung exercises in the first level and call it a chi set, 1-4. :)

nice to meet you,

Susan

Ramon, are you the poster in the thread who said they were taking KAP with Santi? :) I am his teaching partner. My kundalini woke up back in the early 90s. For a few years I taught with Dr. Glenn Morris, author of Path Notes of an American Ninja Master, and also Santiago Dobles' mentor and friend. They created the KAP program together. I have been teaching and advising about kundalini since the late 90s.

Yes, the crown does grow and change shape along the cranial suture lines. One of the other subtle things about kundalini.

If you are aware of this color it is auspicious indeed. It also has a feel to it like a menthol cool. It also adds a quality of thickness to the air when present.

If you are taking KAP, a chi set is a set of chi kung exercises that we teach. So we teach a set of four basic chi kung exercises in the first level and call it a chi set, 1-4. :)

nice to meet you,

Susan

Hello susan, nice to meet you too. No I am not in KAP but I do talk to santi from time to time and I have a personal session set up with him soon, just for some basic stuff and some charge. Aswell as trying to figure out why my crown always hurts after meditation. Its great that you help with kundalini. Do you teach full time and support yourself from it or more of a side thing? Susan, I have never seen that color in my minds eye or anything related to that. Thanks for the chi set bit, I will ask santi about it during our session. Yeah so you have had K up and running for a while huh? Its been thre years form me, it happned when I was 17 after a few months of meditation.

Cheers

Hello susan, nice to meet you too. No I am not in KAP but I do talk to santi from time to time and I have a personal session set up with him soon, just for some basic stuff and some charge. Aswell as trying to figure out why my crown always hurts after meditation. Its great that you help with kundalini. Do you teach full time and support yourself from it or more of a side thing? Susan, I have never seen that color in my minds eye or anything related to that. Thanks for the chi set bit, I will ask santi about it during our session. Yeah so you have had K up and running for a while huh? Its been thre years form me, it happned when I was 17 after a few months of meditation.

Cheers

I support myself as a nurse although i would like to teach full time some day.

it can be tough when k opens up so early. I would say we are all born with it awake but it curls back down once we start encountering the world except in a very few. I have met a couple who have been awake since birth. They are fascinated to talk with.

s

I doubt you can attribute colors to Shakti or to Kundalini. Perceptions differ at different stages. Shakti, as undifferentiated from Shiva is Crystalline and having no color. When conceptually different from Shiva, she is Red - the color of the root chakra. With ascent, she takes the colors of the chakras and channels and various other things. She herself has no color specifically.

And what is the yang aspect of Shakti? Is there one? :)

I just attributed color to Shakti and I also do to Kundalini. Shakti is infinite in action and creative energy. When Shakti is in play you can watch the colors of the phosphenes on the back of your eye lids and yes, see as related to chakras but also to purpose and her intent.

Shakti is actually yang (active) in the beginning stages of rising. So yes, you do see red and white. She is yin, quiet/cool in later development of the practitioner, so you will get blues sometimes so dark as to look black. I have confirmed with other advanced yogis and medical qigong doctors so it is just not my opinion. Feel free to confirm with one of them. http://www.gideonenz.com/about.html He would be good to ask since he helped write and was Senior Editor for Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson's Medical Qigong series of textbooks. Gideon told me he contributed to the chapter on chakras and dan tiens in the energetic anatomy section. He confirmed this for me in personal conversations, the yang aspect of shakti, when we were studying wuji qigong together in Beijing in 2007 under Grandmaster Duan Zhi Liang.

When kundalini shakti awakens it's red, fiery hot, feels like the hottest fire but does not burn. (Well not always, some get burned if they are not prepared.) It feels hot and it is red, many shades of red and many manifestations of fire visons! I have felt/seen in first hand in my own awakening this way and have seen it many, many times in others.

Shakti is universal cosmic energy. She can manifest anyway she likes.

s

You are doing two mistakes here:

1. Attributing your experiences to Kundalini or Shakti herself, as though it were her one fixed nature. With the three and a half fold nature she commands, she can be any color, any form, anything and with that half-aspect in action, Nothing as well! I am not sure what Yogis you are talking about and what your criteria to find how advanced they are are.

2. Ying and Yang as applied to Shakti. Shakti's ying and yang natures? Care to explain more with some reliable source? Apart from the fact that you are trying to mix up two different systems of nomenclature, you are also mapping the terms incorrectly.

So yes, you just did ascribe colors and definitions to Shakti, but incorrectly. When it is impossible to attribute fixed characteristics to Kundalini who's just one aspect of Shakti, how could one try and assign colors and yin and yang-ness to Shakti? I believe you have got your entire understanding of Shakti misplaced. I would suggest studying some classic texts as well and not rely upon some illusive plays one experiences in the body, awe-inspiring but not of any ultimate use. I don't mean to criticize you but people here seem to hold you as some sort of an expert, which obviously is untrue especially after you make such misinformed generalizations. If you are truly awakened, try invoking the Kundalini of Earth and tell me if she is yin or yang and if she is purple or blue? Try invoking the Kundalini of someone with blockages and tell me what is her color. Try invoking the kundalini of a yogi who has purified causal and supra-causal bodies and tell me what his prana kundalini looks like? Try invoking the kundalini of a yogi who has realized the emptiness within the heart-space and tell me what the color of his para kundalini is?

Of the three paths of Tantra, when one takes the Celestial route of the Devas or the superior vehicle, the Kundalini awakens not from the root from navel or above? So is she yin or yang there as opposed to the well-known case of root awakening? Does she still appear black and blue? Common Susan, with all those credentials, I expected better from you :)

Another question for you. If you attach yin and yang to Kundalini, what is Shiva in your Taoist terms? And is she completely yin and yang at any instant or varying percentages of both at a given instant? If that is the case, why did yogis adopt most often a fire path to awaken kundalini with next to nothing on the water path or the downward path?

You see the fallacy and needlessness of mixing up everything and trying to explain apples through oranges? I don't expect answers from you, but if I have been successful in pointing out how much more most of us have to study before we start preaching and making conclusions based on subjective, misinterpreted experiences, I guess I have not wasted time typing this post.

Edited by philbowser

1. Attributing your experiences to Kundalini or Shakti herself, as though it were her one fixed nature. With the three and a half fold nature she commands, she can be any color, any form, anything and with that half-aspect in action, Nothing as well! I am not sure what Yogis you are talking about and what your criteria to find how advanced they are are.

2. Ying and Yang as applied to Shakti. Shakti's ying and yang natures? Care to explain more with some reliable source? Apart from the fact that you are trying to mix up two different systems of nomenclature, you are also mapping the terms incorrectly.

So yes, you just did ascribe colors and definitions to Shakti, but incorrectly. When it is impossible to attribute fixed characteristics to Kundalini who's just one aspect of Shakti, how could one try and assign colors and yin and yang-ness to Shakti? I believe you have got your entire understanding of Shakti misplaced. I would suggest studying some classic texts as well and not rely upon some illusive plays one experiences in the body, awe-inspiring but not of any ultimate use. I don't mean to criticize you but people here seem to hold you as some sort of an expert, which obviously is untrue especially after you make such misinformed generalizations. If you are truly awakened, try invoking the Kundalini of Earth and tell me if she is yin or yang and if she is purple or blue? Try invoking the Kundalini of someone with blockages and tell me what is her color. Try invoking the kundalini of a yogi who has purified causal and supra-causal bodies and tell me what his prana kundalini looks like? Try invoking the kundalini of a yogi who has realized the emptiness within the heart-space and tell me what the color of his para kundalini is?

Of the three paths of Tantra, when one takes the Celestial route of the Devas or the superior vehicle, the Kundalini awakens not from the root from navel or above? So is she yin or yang there as opposed to the well-known case of root awakening? Does she still appear black and blue? Common Susan, with all those credentials, I expected better from you :)

Another question for you. If you attach yin and yang to Kundalini, what is Shiva in your Taoist terms? And is she completely yin and yang at any instant or varying percentages of both at a given instant? If that is the case, why did yogis adopt most often a fire path to awaken kundalini with next to nothing on the water path or the downward path?

You see the fallacy and needlessness of mixing up everything and trying to explain apples through oranges? I don't expect answers from you, but if I have been successful in pointing out how much more most of us have to study before we start preaching and making conclusions based on subjective, misinterpreted experiences, I guess I have not wasted time typing this post.

hmm, maybe I'm mistaken but I was under the impression that yin/yang could be used to identify/classify/understand anything in relative terms. Saying one can't use yin/yang to describe aspects of kundalini seems a lot like saying you cant use color to describe cake. "NO NO thats the wrong paradigm! Thats for pictures! You have to describe food in terms of flavor or you don't know what your talking about!!"

Just an observation, I could be wrong :)

The colours are the effects one sees at different points.. sometimes red, sometimes blue, sometimes white, or violet, and a sparkly deep black. Although I havent personally experienced white.

These are the effects of the energy movement. This is how I understand it.. I have not actually known what I was seeing - dont ask me why - when surely I could have googled it... but Susan explains what is causing the colours, what is going on at that time of that seeing.

I used to get a violet opening appearing , and I asked my then teacher about it, I said "I dont know what it is" and he replied "I do" but he wouldnt tell me what it was, just said "Go through it".

Sometimes it is nice to know what one is going through... which is why we are grateful to Susan.

I dont think Susan is equating effects with K itself itself, rather describing what can ocurr as it moves.

I am of course happy to be corrected if I am wrong here.

My perspective and orientation is different from yours.

I look at Shakti, also known as Cosmic Energy, Divine Feminine, Baraka, Ruah, N/om, Shekinah, Holy Spirit and see much more than just the Hindu/ Taoist perspective. These terms describe the same phenomenon.

My world view is kundalini shakti is a world wide cross cultural phenomenon present in all major spiritual traditions. Called by different names by different traditions but one in the same energy. Like the 5 blind men feeling different parts of an elephant, different cultures produce different accounts. My goal is to know and share a holistic understanding of what That Is. I am neither Daoist or Kashimir Shaviate.

I don't believe we can precisely map systems over each other for example Hindu thought and Taoist thought. But I do believe one can see how one energy is manifested/experienced in different cultures. You want me to explain myself out of the Hindu or Taoist bucket? It won't happen. My experiences with kundalini have left me a generalist not an elitist attached to a specific tradition. I am not a purist or fundamentalist around doctrine regardless of what a specific tradition has written. I am an empiricist, a researcher, an experimenter with energy and consciousness. The higher one rises in esoteric mystical practices the more it all starts to look the same. One phenomenon viewed through many different windows over many thousands of years is still the One phenomenon behind the windows.

Did you even review Dr. Enz's CV? If that won't feed your need for credible authority then there is nothing I will be able to produce to satiate that need. Dr. Johnson writes the the Ling Shen is most equivalent to what Christians call the Holy Spirit. In my book, the Holy Spirit is the active principle of God, just like Shakti is the active principle of Shiva. Ling Shen is the Supernatural Spirit which emanates as myriads of sparks of Divine Fire from the Dao according to Dr. Johnson, p66, Vol I, Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy

Yes, Yin and Yang. Expressions of relationships. Sometimes Shakti has yang qualities, sometimes shakti has yin qualities. I feel and experience all the time, every day. Hot, cold, cool, warm, dark, heavy, light, fragrant, vibratory, still. Shakti is the active principle in comparison to Shiva. In the early days of rising Shakti is very yang. In her excitement to reach her lover, Shiva, in the crown, she will shoot up the back like a freight train on fire, suspending the spine between heaven and earth. Just speaking from personal experience.

It is rude and disrespectful to invoke without permission. Even more so when just to satisfy curiosity. It is evidence of disrespect in the realms of the Void and there are consequences.

I am no expert but I do walk daily in intimate ecstatic union with Shakti. If you disrespect me for that experiential understanding of the mystic's life I have no idea how to respond or even if a response is necessary.

S

The colours are the effects one sees at different points.. sometimes red, sometimes blue, sometimes white, or violet, and a sparkly deep black. Although I havent personally experienced white.

These are the effects of the energy movement. This is how I understand it.. I have not actually known what I was seeing - dont ask me why - when surely I could have googled it... but Susan explains what is causing the colours, what is going on at that time of that seeing.

I used to get a violet opening appearing , and I asked my then teacher about it, I said "I dont know what it is" and he replied "I do" but he wouldnt tell me what it was, just said "Go through it".

Sometimes it is nice to know what one is going through... which is why we are grateful to Susan.

I dont think Susan is equating effects with K itself itself, rather describing what can ocurr as it moves.

I am of course happy to be corrected if I am wrong here.

Yes, Cat. You are right.

Generally, colors you see are associated with a chakra, a god/dess or archetype and also feelings, states of consciousness. One must look in context.

Violet purple is generally around crown chakra or the Void or Crone energy. Interesting stuff.

s

It is rude and disrespectful to invoke without permission. Even more so when just to satisfy curiosity. It is evidence of disrespect in the realms of the Void and there are consequences.

Susan could you please explain what you mean by invoke ?

Thanks

Dont focus on powers, when you raise the snake, shoot it very slowly through the third eye and the crown. then bring it back down and stand up, root your feet and shoot it through your fingers dont keep the chi in the higher chakras your only asking for trouble. If you wont be unnerved do it in the dark you will see light coming off your finger tips its such a great feeling this is what the masters are trying to show us. Not just being a sitting Budha and letting the crown shower and shower this can lead to problems. Always be grounded in your practice, never let others mess with your energy. Use your chi, kundi, what ever you want to call it the proper way and karma will reward you many times over. Cloudhand

I did get some misty light pop out of my hand the other day while playing guitar. I also sometimes see flashes of light while trying savasana...

Also I had a shamanic journey the other day..where a python and then female serpent beings where the common visions..(followed by other unexplainale shamanic stuff). Again this female serpent being keeps bringing up hell...does anyone know what this symbolizes or stands for or has encountered this?

Just a quick thought from me...

I think "hell" in the dream world symbolizes that which you're avoiding, the unconscious parts of you, or something having to do with your power. It doesn't actually mean you are becoming evil or anything.

Just a quick thought from me...

I think "hell" in the dream world symbolizes that which you're avoiding, the unconscious parts of you, or something having to do with your power. It doesn't actually mean you are becoming evil or anything.

Hell is materialism because you cant take it with you. Cloud

Yes, Cat. You are right.

Generally, colors you see are associated with a chakra, a god/dess or archetype and also feelings, states of consciousness. One must look in context.

Violet purple is generally around crown chakra or the Void or Crone energy. Interesting stuff.

s

Good, yes, thankyou. For me sometimes the colours appear in sequences, and are really really super bright , much more vivid than one could ever see with physical eyes.

If you feel like telling us more about Void or Crone, that would be fantastic.

Good, yes, thankyou. For me sometimes the colours appear in sequences, and are really really super bright , much more vivid than one could ever see with physical eyes.

Yes, I second that ...tell us more... is this Crone as in old woman?

A discussion about the Void from the Japanese Martial Arts perspective which is how I relate to that term is at the link. I am referring to the term "ku" as Void. There are only 5 energy centers in this system where there are 7 in the Hindu. The Void would encompass the top 3 chakras...throat, ajna, and crown.

http://www.warrior-concepts-online.com/5elementsarticle-pt1.html

These 5 elements are a little different from the Chinese system. If you want to read more of the esoterics of this then read Basho's The Book of 5 Rings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Five_Rings

an excerpt from this article re: the Void or No-thing

The Book of Void

Although short, the void book lists, philosophically, the nature of both human knowledge and other things. The void book expressly deals with "That which cannot be seen";

"By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist."

The Book of No-thing, according to Musashi, is the true meaning of the strategy of Ni Ten Ichi Ryu; it seems very esoteric in nature, in that he seems to note that you must learn to perceive that which you cannot understand or comprehend. He notes that in this Void, what can be comprehended are things which we do and see, such as the way of the warrior, martial arts and Ni Ten Ichi Ryu. At the same time, in the Void, things we do not do or see (which he calls Spirit), are part of the information which we perceive on a conscious level, but with which we have no physical relationship. It's arguable whether Musashi is referring to religious spirituality or if he is actually explaining a way to live your life and process thoughts.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness."

In the above quote Musashi speaks of "virtue and no evil." This may mean "goodness and banishment of evil" or "purpose and non-existence of good and evil", and the exact meaning is open to debate.

or read deeper about Mikkyo Buddhism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikky%C5%8D

Crone discussion:

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/jun2/anderson.htm

hope that helps.

s

This clears some confusion up. I am definately perceving a female serpent being. I gues this symbolizes my kundalini energy then..as being a femanine serpent energy?

Other than that this serpent symbol keeps giving me this feeling of hell..like I get this voice in my head saying "you are going to hell"..

It keeps reapeering and I don't know if I should just attribute it to my loweer chakras? the three hells or what? Maybe its still stuck in there?

Kundalini is historically characterized as a feminine energy in spiritual traditions.

Dr. Glenn Morris used to say about his own kundalini awakening, "I had to go thru hell to get to heaven." The kundalini process can be hellish. Learn the secret smile (google it) and do the microcosmic orbit. That will calm things down a bit.

Also kundalini brings up your Shadow full on in your face to integrate. Some do, some don't.

Susan could you please explain what you mean by invoke ?

Thanks

to call out or request...to make an incantation or conjure...

basically what he is asking me to do is to find out info. that is none of my business.

On the void.

Another poster (whose name I never seem to remember and further often confuse with others because they all have that Calvin and Hobbes tiger, sorry!) mentioned some very interesting things that I can relate to this.

It went along the lines of "cold" = absence of heat. Not "cold" = a "thing" but a "non-thing".

Could "yin" be (relatively) the absence of something ("yang") ? In which case yin could very well be "void" and then I might fall over from contemplating how it is again that a "something" can be relative to the absence of itself. Never mind how it got from non-being to being...

And at this point I'm confused. I had Shiva figured as "pure consciousness" and "Shakti" as something else. So I think I've got it all wrong. It doesn't change the blue/violet/dark black (yup) stuff though. Just that I can't explain it well enough :lol:

Help a girl out?

I think if I remember rightly that the hot /cold thing was about the fact that while heat or temperature is a measure of the kinetic energy of the molecules in a substance and therefore exists and can be measured - cold is just a relative term meaning absence of heat energy and cannot be said to exist as such. There is absolute zero which is -273.16 degrees (roughly) where all the heat energy is gone so that could be well described as cold (!) but this is a postulated condition which has never been achieved or observed and in any case matter changes its nature in these states because of quantum effects.

It is late and I am rambling and I'm not sure if this makes any sense to anyone but me. I tried to help a girl out and I failed .... story of my life ... ha ha.

John