Oleg Galkin

Isolation Tank

Did anyone ever try in practice an Isolation Tank (Deprivation Chamber)? Or floating therapy which is based on it?

Is it true that, as written in the media, using an Isolation Tank you can quickly achieve a meditative state like in Dark Retreat in Tibetan Buddhism.

I tried it once myself and I achieved the state of deep relaxation, but I can't say that it was some kind of meditative state or something.

I had the floating tank and spent a lot of time meditating inside... :):):)...

do not need it anymore.

Try it yourself...

Jox :)

Did anyone ever try in practice an Isolation Tank (Deprivation Chamber)? Or floating therapy which is based on it?

Is it true that, as written in the media, using an Isolation Tank you can quickly achieve a meditative state like in Dark Retreat in Tibetan Buddhism.

I tried it once myself and I achieved the state of deep relaxation, but I can't say that it was some kind of meditative state or something.

Without the background mental training, time invested and the work - all the gizmos are just that - a gizmo. Your worst enemy is yourself.

Without the background mental training, time invested and the work - all the gizmos are just that - a gizmo. Your worst enemy is yourself.

I tend to agree with that. I tried the tanks about 20 years ago. The first time I'd read all about them, really wanted an experience, probably too much thus nothing happened. The 2nd time was w/ high tech tanks which had a sound system and mikes inside so you could request music.

After 10 minutes I was getting pretty deep, then thought I'd try music. For the next 50 minutes I annoyed the front desk having them switch from CD to CD. Finally I chose the right music and it was TIME'S UP get out.

I think I'd do better now a days :)

Michael

Hm yea I think when dependency comes into play whether its music or some technology + like this, I think its a bit self sabotaging.

I tried it about 15 years ago and found it pretty trippy. But then I'd also just seen "that" movie :lol:

These days I prefer the sauna if I'm going to be shut inside anywhere.

After 10 minutes I was getting pretty deep, then thought I'd try music. For the next 50 minutes I annoyed the front desk having them switch from CD to CD. Finally I chose the right music and it was TIME'S UP get out.

Michael, I don't think that listening of a music in the sensory deprivation tank is a good idea. :) It turned out that you was lying, for example, in a hip-hop or a heavy metal tank :)