Everything

Tao men attracting women.

Hi, all.

Perhaps not everyone here is so advanced on the philosophy of Tao Te Ching. There is one important thing I did not read about in Tao Te Ching by Dr. Wayne Dyer (Change your thoughts, change your life: Living the wisdom of the Tao).

And this is a topic for men, because the equation of women differs from men according to Mind OS by Dr. Paul Dobransky.

For men it is "mission in life + skill in attracting women = masculinity". This is quantum psychology or something. I'm not here to discuss that.

In Tao Te Ching I did find clues to transform your desires for women into inspiration. This could lead to a better skill at attracting women. And I read a line that said something like "By not displying what is desirable, you cause the hearts of men to remain undisturbed." And my self living among many muslims, I think this points out why alot of muslim men prefer women would wear those headscarfs. Ofcourse this isn't the place to talk about muslim philosophy, but I was curious wether or not Tao has got the same idea I just gave about the feminity or another desire. I never thought that "not displaying" it would bring peace. But I have found many elders who prefer that their desires be not displayed. I can't find alot of mature men or elders to mentor me about how to deal with women in a mature way. I can find alot of men who can teach me the skill of attraction. Thats why I made this topic to ask how Taoist look at this, to gain a new perspective.

If this topic offends females or males here in anyway, please know that I am just referring to survival and replication value. The 2 purposes of our live according to biology/evolution is survival and replication. Erik von Markovik said you can see survival and replication as two ends of a spectrum. One should find balance between the 2. This is also similar to the philosophy Bruce Lee talks about in his many interviews.

Martial Arts = survival value

Venusian Arts = replication value.

So... How would Lao Tsu deal with women? ;)

Hi, all.

Perhaps not everyone here is so advanced on the philosophy of Tao Te Ching. There is one important thing I did not read about in Tao Te Ching by Dr. Wayne Dyer (Change your thoughts, change your life: Living the wisdom of the Tao).

And this is a topic for men, because the equation of women differs from men according to Mind OS by Dr. Paul Dobransky.

For men it is "mission in life + skill in attracting women = masculinity". This is quantum psychology or something. I'm not here to discuss that.

In Tao Te Ching I did find clues to transform your desires for women into inspiration. This could lead to a better skill at attracting women. And I read a line that said something like "By not displying what is desirable, you cause the hearts of men to remain undisturbed." And my self living among many muslims, I think this points out why alot of muslim men prefer women would wear those headscarfs. Ofcourse this isn't the place to talk about muslim philosophy, but I was curious wether or not Tao has got the same idea I just gave about the feminity or another desire. I never thought that "not displaying" it would bring peace. But I have found many elders who prefer that their desires be not displayed. I can't find alot of mature men or elders to mentor me about how to deal with women in a mature way. I can find alot of men who can teach me the skill of attraction. Thats why I made this topic to ask how Taoist look at this, to gain a new perspective.

If this topic offends females or males here in anyway, please know that I am just referring to survival and replication value. The 2 purposes of our live according to biology/evolution is survival and replication. Erik von Markovik said you can see survival and replication as two ends of a spectrum. One should find balance between the 2. This is also similar to the philosophy Bruce Lee talks about in his many interviews.

You ask questions - this is the beginning of all true education.

And it seems that you have educated yourself to a mountain top.

Tao is largely about the timings of the universe.

With your own words: "biology/evolution is survival and replication"

Combine 'timings of the universe' with 'replication' & u got your answer.

To simplify - a woman is more receptive to the male before they ovulate - which, in a healthy girl it begins with the Chinese 'Lunar' calendar 15th (Full Moon)to the Chinese 'Lunar' calendar 22. - For older - it moves later in the month.

Chinese figured this out long ago and began their studies around universal timings.

Nowdays Chinese medicine, seasonal celebrations, weddings, etc all revolve around the sun, moon and planets: (pick up a copy of 'The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine')

Welcome to the Tao.

Edited by ~jK~

You ask questions - this is the beginning of all true education.

And it seems that you have educated yourself to a mountain top.

Tao is largely about the timings of the universe.

With your own words: "biology/evolution is survival and replication"

Combine 'timings of the universe' with 'replication' & u got your answer.

To simplify - a woman is more receptive to the male before they ovulate - which, in a healthy girl it begins with the Chinese 'Lunar' calendar 15th (Full Moon)to the Chinese 'Lunar' calendar 22. - For older - it moves later in the month.

Chinese figured this out long ago and began their studies around universal timings.

Nowdays Chinese medicine, seasonal celebrations, weddings, etc (pick up a copy of 'The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine')

Welcome to the Tao.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I was fascinated by it. Always found that Tao philosophy goes deep and inspires.

When you talk about the timings of the universe I find that very dificult to understand. I do not know how Tao relates to timings of the universe or in what way. Neither can I find the link between timings of the universe and replication. I do know that Venusian Artists give great importance to their timing, which comes from all their practice. Can you explain it a bit more perhaps?

I have indeed read about a study that showed why so many grew up without knowing who their real father was. Investigating sexual activities or desires of women towards males during month's. Checking up on timing, they found that during ovulation females felt more sexually attracted towards men. This is why so many men think females cheat on "provider" guys to sleep with "bad" boys. But how does this timing of the female help you with your own replication value, or skill of attracting women?

Edited by Everything

Hey, thanks for your reply. I was fascinated by it. Always found that Tao philosophy goes deep and inspires.

When you talk about the timings of the universe I find that very dificult to understand. I do not know how Tao relates to timings of the universe or in what way. Neither can I find the link between timings of the universe and replication. I do know that Venusian Artists give great importance to their timing, which comes from all their practice. Can you explain it a bit more perhaps?

I have indeed read about a study that showed why so many grew up without knowing who their real father was. Investigating sexual activities or desires of women towards males during month's. Checking up on timing, they found that during ovulation females felt more sexually attracted towards men. This is why so many men think females cheat on "provider" guys to sleep with "bad" boys. But how does this timing of the female help you with your own replication value, or skill of attracting women?

You need to get this book: - The Author MUST be: Maoshing Ni

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Yellow-Emperors-Classic-of-Medicine/Maoshing-Ni/e/9781570620805

It will tie the seasons, planets, body parts & timing together.

Forget western medicine & thinking.

Work only with what you can find in the book.

Learn to reason with it.

As far as the cheat thing you posted about... Think this: men get horny every day. Females get horny once a month - when it happens they take the first that pops up.

Survival of the species... Remember?

Where I am it is 2 in the morning - I sleep Now.

Edited by ~jK~

There is a quote in the TTC (I'm not going to look it up) that states:

Know the masculine but hold to the feminine.

If you are able to be the masculine for the support of the woman but yet are able to feel the emotions that your woman is having your woman will cling to you for support and you will have her for her support.

But over-night stuff, yeah, many women like a man who is all masculine.

Peace & Love!

Oh good. Another thread about this :ninja:

Here's what I'm considering in my present state:

- I already have enough of a deal dealing with my own emotions and if a man is "oversensitive" then I will feel like I need to deal with that stuff as well. That turns me off. If he can take care of himself, I won't have to do it and that pleases me no end.

- Attraction is also based on polarity. If I feel you are too much "like me" it might not be attractive long term (there's a Seinfeld episode in there somewhere)

- Desire is based on the ego that feels it lacks something. If you want to seduce someone, play off their ego, find all the ways you can help it latch on to what you're offering.

To be avoided:

- Being outright about your desire for "a woman" rather than "me". Yah, everyone wants "regular sex, someone to come home to and ease the pressure, and some nice conversation with a smart girl.Maybe some good food." But seriously, there's nothing about "me" in there that he wants. I could be anyone. (see third thing on list above).

- Disclaimer: there are women who know the latter and will use it. Have money?

Of course if it's just sex you're after, then the other posters probably got it spot on.

• Like 1

Of course if it's just sex you're after, then the other posters probably got it spot on.

Then again -from a man's point of view - Sex is a really good beginning - it kinda gets all the details out of the way so that the reality can be more easily seen. :wub:

OOPS ! Get out the pipes guys - the smoking lamp has been lit & the Furry Freak Bros is knocking on the door :rolleyes:

One other point^: all those healthy girls that poped their ovaries on the full moon (Lunar 15 was 2 weeks back ) are now at the dark side of the moon [i think there is a song somewhere in there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilgPtj31co&feature=related ](Lunar 2 ) and spotting on the carpet during the dark. :ninja:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmjS37zDbPY

Wow - how many symbols of Change were in those videos?

WA! Noi Hoi Mean Pink Floyd!

Finaly - one for the girls we all love - that live only for family: titled "Ragged Tiger" but you may know it as: "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"

Edited by ~jK~

I know that :wub:

Still, if I 'm going to keep doing it, with you in particular, the other stuff does seem to come (no pun etc :closedeyes:) into play.

Of course if you've "got me" some other way (like you're the father of my children or I depend on you economically) then I'm (well, I mean "you're") screwed.

The moon ain't doing nothing about that.

But what do I know :blush:

Guest paul walter

Hi, all.

One wouldn't be worried about replication or trying to get laid/attracting females if one was a moving towards the tao. It's like asking if one would crave cream cake or the latest video games. Some things are merely social and one grows out of them no matter how enticing. Paul.

I know that :wub:

Still, if I 'm going to keep doing it, with you in particular, the other stuff does seem to come (no pun etc :closedeyes:) into play.

Of course if you've "got me" some other way (like you're the father of my children or I depend on you economically) then I'm (well, I mean "you're") screwed.

The moon ain't doing nothing about that.

But what do I know :blush:

The moon is only the beginning - where if no beginning - there can be no other.

As for the other points - they are largely dependent upon social norms.

To bypass the last point, doubts, etc - I teach my g/f(s) how to become what she wishes- most choose teaching- giving her freedom and gaining me, trust.

Not as simple as it sounds - in China there was the Cultural Revolution where most of the educators were done away with. -So not many were left to give students what is needed at university level or at the professional level.

Example:

A few years back my best friend asked me how to win against a gossiping teacher that both she and the gossip had been called into a meeting by the board of directors to solve an ongoing and growing problem in the school.

I asked her if the board of directors were all men - she said "yes" - I told her 2 words- don't cry. She asked me 'Why' - I told her the men will see it as an effort to manipulate -thus pointing out the guilty as one that could not stand on personal actions.

She did not cry, the other did - she is now head of her department.

The only condition that holds some back is an inability to take what is needed in life for family. As it is a very powerful motivational factor my main concern then becomes her concept of failure as it can have devistating results. To date - I have no falures - largely from Hong Kong having many levels of teachers, private as well as public schools which, results in many avenues for education AKA: teachers employment.

I keep an eye out for unrealistic desires.

Why so many G/F's ? I am a traveler - Chinese girls are moma babies - Although - I find that each time I leave, there is always a door open for me to return. :P

My purpose in life? To Evolve, To Become ready for the next.

If creativity and destruction are 2 sides of same sword:

Edited by ~jK~

One wouldn't be worried about replication or trying to get laid/attracting females if one was a moving towards the tao. It's like asking if one would crave cream cake or the latest video games. Some things are merely social and one grows out of them no matter how enticing. Paul.

I second this. You are barking up the wrong tree. What you want is some pop-psyche new ager viewpoint, to spin you a deluded fairy tale so you can get your jollys thinking about sex.

I second this. You are barking up the wrong tree. What you want is some pop-psyche new ager viewpoint, to spin you a deluded fairy tale so you can get your jollys thinking about sex.

So many dreams - So many Schemes - the only one that works is what works: practice, practice, practice what the masters have written - not what you think or hope they have written.

• Like 1

Uhm, not to poison your wonderful hot conversation about sex here... But I was not even talking about sex.

On toppic. A mans ability to attract women in a way. This doesn't mean they have to sleep with eachother. I never went to seduction fase, I didn't even got to comfort fase yet! I am talking about a man's ABILITY to attract women. His skill. Doesn't that require "Character" to succeed?

Infact, when I practiced my skill on attracting women, my whole life changed. What a women can see about you in one second is so deep. There is no way but to grow character to be succesful here. About venusian arts being delusional compared to Martial Arts. Well then, let me tell you: Fighting is bad, m'kay?

Why do people practice it over and over again? So that they don't need want to fight anymore. After years of practice in Venusian Arts, the artist, just like the martial artist, does not want to sleep with every girl he sees. Unlike you guys out there, lying to your self you don't desire women... If you had superpowers right now, you would kick ass everywhere without even being responsible, because you never mastered the martial arts. Same with venusian.

The world best pick up artist, the guy who invented the venusian arts, did start out playing seduction as if it was a game. He then later learned that gaining the skill of attracting any women he wanted was alot harder then he thought and required more discipline. Starting with seduction, he was the creep. Starting with comfort he was the friend. Starting with attraction and skipping comfort to seduction he was the "player." Starting with attraction, then comfort, then seduction, he got it right. Mystery created "MysteryMethod" To teach other men to live the life of a rockstar. Eventually, he mastered the venusian arts and sticked with one girlfriend. When you take it all appart and look at attraction only, there are so many skills that look into this part. Stage skill, mystery skill. And let me tell you, lao tsu was a very mysterious guy. This doesn't mean that he went out and had sex with alot of women...

Same with Martial Arts. Do you think the Art of War is about making war? No! It can be used for personal life as well. It can be used in relation ships. It can be used for financial growth. How ever you want to use it, it can be used. Main thing is, it can be used to increase you SURVIVAL VALUE.

Venusian arts... same thing. It can be used to increase you REPLICATION VALUE. Not just for sex.

I never mentioned sex...

Now give me your perspective again, without thinking that I am out here for infinite sex by using the power of the Tao. lol

Form 7 ?

A document with spaces (fields) in which to write or select, for a series of documents with similar contents 7?

A class or grouping of students in a school 7?

Uhm, not to poison your wonderful hot conversation about sex here... But I was not even talking about sex.

On toppic. A mans ability to attract women in a way. This doesn't mean they have to sleep with eachother. I never went to seduction fase, I didn't even got to comfort fase yet! I am talking about a man's ABILITY to attract women. His skill. Doesn't that require "Character" to succeed?

Infact, when I practiced my skill on attracting women, my whole life changed. What a women can see about you in one second is so deep. There is no way but to grow character to be succesful here. About venusian arts being delusional compared to Martial Arts. Well then, let me tell you: Fighting is bad, m'kay?

Why do people practice it over and over again? So that they don't need want to fight anymore. After years of practice in Venusian Arts, the artist, just like the martial artist, does not want to sleep with every girl he sees. Unlike you guys out there, lying to your self you don't desire women... If you had superpowers right now, you would kick ass everywhere without even being responsible, because you never mastered the martial arts. Same with venusian.

The world best pick up artist, the guy who invented the venusian arts, did start out playing seduction as if it was a game. He then later learned that gaining the skill of attracting any women he wanted was alot harder then he thought and required more discipline. Starting with seduction, he was the creep. Starting with comfort he was the friend. Starting with attraction and skipping comfort to seduction he was the "player." Starting with attraction, then comfort, then seduction, he got it right. Mystery created "MysteryMethod" To teach other men to live the life of a rockstar. Eventually, he mastered the venusian arts and sticked with one girlfriend. When you take it all appart and look at attraction only, there are so many skills that look into this part. Stage skill, mystery skill. And let me tell you, lao tsu was a very mysterious guy. This doesn't mean that he went out and had sex with alot of women...

Same with Martial Arts. Do you think the Art of War is about making war? No! It can be used for personal life as well. It can be used in relation ships. It can be used for financial growth. How ever you want to use it, it can be used. Main thing is, it can be used to increase you SURVIVAL VALUE.

Venusian arts... same thing. It can be used to increase you REPLICATION VALUE. Not just for sex.

I never mentioned sex...

Now give me your perspective again, without thinking that I am out here for infinite sex by using the power of the Tao. lol

Ah, if its just about being an attractive person, then pursuing Taoist practises, or other types of Kundalini awakening meditations purifies your energy body and you build a greater aura that is generally only unconsciously percieved. A big bright aura is very attractive!

A document with spaces (fields) in which to write or select, for a series of documents with similar contents 7?

A class or grouping of students in a school 7?

Yes: A class or grouping of students in a school (form 7) that is final year before entering University in Hong Kong style school system.

Western comparison to 2nd year university or above.

Your ethics & morals are Confucian AKA Chinese style.

Edited by ~jK~

Yes, "character"...that which every PUA has lost.

You try to grasp water, and it slips out of your hand. You try to make yourself into a man, and you look more like an insecure little boy with no backbone.

It's better to focus on becoming a good person. Brighten people's days...be friends with those who have social problems...fight for those who can't defend themselves...improve the world. Then you can be considered a man of character.

In my opinion, trying to mix attraction theories with Taoism is just degrading Taoism.

No offense intended to you personally.

In my opinion, trying to mix attraction theories with Taoism is just degrading Taoism.

No offense intended to you personally.

Very important consideration here, I think.

And I agree, this is not intended to be offending.

If we live the Way of Tao we will naturally attract others without making a single effort toward leading or controlling others.

Peace & Love!

If we live the Way of Tao we will naturally attract others without making a single effort toward leading or controlling others.

Peace & Love!

Hmmmm - how can it intended to be offending? I'm just an ordinary guy writing a letter to a cute Fish and a Peace & Love marblehead (is you a hard statue?) :blush:

But... I do reserve the right to dissagree.

Taoists have long been the most analytical of people on the globe.

These guys actually invented: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions

Hey! I'm writing but look who's reading it :)

Joking aside - to do even a little R&D into the customs & traditions of a nation 25% to 50% of the way around the earth from home - we got to have open minds to changes, of all types, not seen at home.

The ancient painting of Bamboo in the Snow illustrates the skill of flexability needed for survival. Using it, Bamboo survives where other plants die.

I was born and lived untill 17 in the Appalachian mountains where a large religion is snake dancing to prove god loves you so much the snake will not bite. (If they did, then the devil wanted you anyway... :wub:

Here's a whole slew of URLS on it: http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&safe=off&ei=i0jHS9KdItCHkQWQ3a20CQ&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAYQvwUoAQ&q=Appalachian+mountains+where+a+large+religion+is+snake+dancing&spell=1&fp=18a51b3ed23f0245

Sex is normal.

Edited by ~jK~

Sex is normal.

Well, I can't argue with that!

And you are right. Taoism tells us to observe and learn from the processes we see in nature (without adding to or subtracting from).

One of the things I enjoyed most about being in the Army was travelling to different countries and learning as much as I could about their customs.

Peace & Love!

Peace & Love!

Thanks, that was the perspective I was looking for.

For men it is "mission in life + skill in attracting women = masculinity". This is quantum psychology or something.

I can't find alot of mature men or elders to mentor me about how to deal with women in a mature way. I can find alot of men who can teach me the skill of attraction. Thats why I made this topic to ask how Taoist look at this, to gain a new perspective.

Good question, but how do you "maturely" deal with "immature" women? If you maintain your maturity level, you'll repel them. If you sink to their level, now you're no longer mature. Hence, a lot of the ancient Taoists retreated into seclusion away from women as hermits..

I think this is what a lot of men today, particularly "spiritual-minded" men - struggle with.

"Girls might say they want a nice guy, but what they really want is the cool guy,"

"A jerk is rarely so bad that no one wants to hook up with him." - Arthur Malov

Malov says the nice-guy persona is the No. 1 problem cited by his male clients

"Sure, women want you to show them respect and love, but they also want you to be a man and take charge. If you can't do that, women won't want to be with you." - Dan Macon

"The dichotomy isn't between good guys or bad guys," he explained. "It's between weak guys and strong guys." - Neil Strauss

He said he used to put women on a pedestal -- giving them thoughtful gifts and taking them out to fancy dinners. But he stopped doing those things over the last two months and made himself less available. He's not trying to be cocky or mean to women, but his new attitude is getting him more dates.

Robert Glover, author of the 2003 book "No More Mr. Nice Guy," says the nice guy personality is usually developed at a young age and is probably shaped by the guy's parents. For example, he found some men with the nice guy persona were heavily influenced by their mothers. Other men were trying to avoid a macho-male personality or philandering behavior displayed by the father.

As a licensed counselor in Washington, he's listened to many men groan about being in the nice guy rut. Glover said that nice guys, like himself, were often nonconfrontational and constantly seeking approval -- both destructive behaviors in a relationship. Being too nice landed him in divorce court.

"In general, women like the tension, or they will lose interest quickly," he said.

Some women interviewed say they equate a nice guy with being a boring guy. Others used words like "marshmallow," "doormat" and even "creeper."

Academic studies have reaffirmed that women prefer the bad boy archetype over the nice guy. A 2008 study at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces examined how college students perceived "dark" traits such as thrill-seeking behavior, deceitfulness and narcissism. The study found the female students preferred the males with these traits.

In her seven years of dating coach experience, Lisa Shield of Los Angeles, California, discovered that a majority of female clients prefer a man with edge who draws boundaries. Her clients reject nice guys as too malleable.

"I find that when the guy is sweet and polite, I tend to become the more masculine of the two of us," said 39-year-old Lisa Lyons of California. "It throws the balance off."

Taoism is ultimately about doing what works naturally. And that is actually what PUA reverse-engineers - field-tested evo-psych. IOW, giving women what they are hardwired to want from eons of evolution - not what the latest societal fad or using your parents as role models might tell you they're "supposed" to want.

Think of women as sports recruiters. They ultimately just want the best player (no pun intended) on their team to help them win. So long as the dude is not an ax murderer, how "nice" he is or not is irrelevant. Players are primarily recruited based upon the specific needs of each woman and what each player offers to fulfill those needs. Basically, it's like applying for a job...unless you have more to offer than they do - in which case they become the ones applying for the job with you, now the employer (see Tiger Woods).

Edited by vortex

One of the things I enjoyed most about being in the Army was travelling to different countries and learning as much as I could about their customs.

Peace & Love!

The military mindset is that it is OK and all else is not OK - it is a mindset of War.

The philosophy of China is based on balance and harmony: not War. China sees you as OK and itself as OK untill you prove differently.

I've watched the military come to Hong Kong - they leave the ships in little groups and never leave their security blanket.

Almost all of my time in China and Hong Kong, I have been the only foreigner in a 35 floor apartment building 8 families per floor. The exceptions are when I spent 2 years living in a house next to the temple, and monestary, of 10,000 Buddhas in Sha Tin so as to learn from example. During that time I became good friends with the caretaker of the Taoist temple at the top of the mountain and was invited to the celebration of ancestors - their most sacred day of thanks to their ancestors.

There was also the 2 years I spent in Kowloon City living with the new immigrants from mainland China as I studied their family and social structure. I was the only foreigner there. Including myself, there were 8 families on my floor that each had one room for sleeping. We all shared the same kitchen and toilet. I had the only phone. All the families had children. At night we would play soccer with an empty 2 liter pepsi bottle in the hallway between the bedrooms.

The Brits built the airport so that, to land, planes had to fly about 50 meters over the rooftops of Kowloon City. I landed there in 1997 in one of the last flights to the airport in the folowing video. Here is a video of where I lived:

Needless to say, Rent was cheap, experience was tremendous.

When the Chinese took over, they closed the airport down and built a world class state of the art airport

I return to USA to work when I need $ which is about every 2 years.

If you want to learn the Tao, you got to walk and talk with the people that have lived it for over 2,000 years.