Sign in to follow this  
markern

Working on the solar plexus

How can I work on the solar plexus specifically? Besides the spleen it is my obvious weak point. It has felt weak and all messed up for at least ten years maybe more. And healers have pointed out to me that it seems blocked. Currently the only direct way I have of working with it is pressing two acu points that are in the solar plexus area and massaging the area. I do a qigong for the spleen that seems to spill over and help the solar plexus but it does not work directly. I have been adviced to visualize a sun there and I felt it could do a lot of good but set of more chakra activity then I felt I could handle now and since I don`t do any direct work on any other chakras I am guessing I could get very imbalanced working only on the solar plexus with a sun meditation. I don`t see the same danger in a moderate use of a qigong exericise or acu points as this probably would not set of the massive activity that the visualization did and I do other stuff for my body as a whole so moderate specific work I don`t think would be unbalancing. Are there other acu points than the ones directly on the solar plexus that work on it?

KAP is the answer to all energy problems no? <_<

Well that was constructive and helpful. Got out of the bed on the wrong side today or something?

KAP is much more safe than most traditional systems and gives people very, very good results. It raises kundalini faster than most traditional systems and it manages it much better and more safely. A lot of people that used to do traditional kriya or kundalini yoga and later switched to yoganis AYP says that ayp is as or more effective and much safer and more balanced. Ayp puts close to zero emphasis on textural study and understanding by the way. There are lots more examples like this.

Another interesting thing to consider in this disussion is that the pace at which practices are taught to you and the preliminaries you have to master in order to be thaught them "safely" and to be "effecitve" might, in many instances, have no real reason behind it. In the Big Book of tai chi Bruce Frantzis writes that many of the breathing and qigong like practices that he was thaught by martial artists in Okinawa as very high level stuff that was consequently weel kept secrets, was taught freely to unhealthy middle aged housewives at beginner courses in qigong in Taiwan. So despite all the seriousness surrounding the exercises, their suposed danger and power and all the many years of training you absolutely MUST master untill you could learn them, there was no point to any of this. Just like the guy that wrote the PM about new age pratices I am sure the Japaneese students could talk at length about the absolute necessity of knowing this or that and the years of preliminarys required etc. All of which would be utter bullshit. This is of course not to say that there are not many practices that are dangerous and that one needs to have mastered preliminaries first in order to successfully and safely practice. All I am saying is that in A LOT of cases what is traditionaly considered the right pace of things can very well be wrong. Very, very often a different tradition or lineage will see things differently. This means that one should not be too rigid in believeing the tradtional dogma about what to practice when and what to master first although one should look seriously at what has tradtionally been said. As far as I understand Lama Yeshe completely disregarded most of the traditional rules about what preliminaries needed to be in place.

So you did all that sales pitch for something you don't want to try and practice? All I was suggesting was if you feel strongly about KAP, then try that! Or does it raise Kundalini "SAFELY" without working on Solar Plexus and clearing blockages? Not following your own advice no? They teach a bunch of stuff there for Solar Plexus, Dantien, Chakras all mixed up. Not that I found them useful, but since you so strongly feel about KAP, had to say it :lol:

Edited by philbowser

Different systems have different approaches to this...so if you are in KAP, you really should ask your teacher.

With real healing, you can't just do one thing on the specific area that's problematic, and expect good results. Your whole approach to engaging your life affects that one area, so it requires a total change in who you are. Covering all of your bases in the system you practice will help...an analogy would be hiring a multitude of workers to chip away at a stone, instead of just having one or two work at it...it will be removed more quickly.

Anyway, the solar plexus is basically where people trap their feelings. Worry and frustration.

Some say the neck is related to the solar plexus, and also that in order to heal the neck you should work on forgiveness and compassion. Once the neck heals, the trapped emotions are released. Or in another way of looking at it...once you feel good about who you are by being a good person, you don't have to hide anymore. You stop tensing up.

Keep practicing the system you are, focus more on mastering the basics, and gradually you will be healed. This is what I think. :ninja:

Anyway, the solar plexus is basically where people trap their feelings. Worry and frustration.

Well said. I got rid of a lot of my Solar Plexus issues using Frantzis's dissolving method and Sedona/Release technique. Though slower than forceful fire methods, releasing/dissolving is safe-paced and gives longterm results.

Some say the neck is related to the solar plexus, and also that in order to heal the neck you should work on forgiveness and compassion. Once the neck heals, the trapped emotions are released. Or in another way of looking at it...once you feel good about who you are by being a good person, you don't have to hide anymore. You stop tensing up.

I agree that the solar plexus seems to store negative emotions but it is also very sensitive to field energy (by which I mean the energy in your environment). I have always associated neck tension with abdominal tension but then everything is connected anyway.

I would suggest the best way to balance and attune the solar plexus is slow rhythmic breathing from the diaphragm - its a kind of nexus between the lower tandien and the heart and if you image those to centres coming into harmony and alignment it should help any tension/imbalance in the SP.

Just my thoughts of course :)

Cheers

John

Edited by apepch7

but it [the solar plexus] is also very sensitive to field energy (by which I mean the energy in your environment).

That seems to be true. Given the relationship between the throat and solar plexus, it could be due to the throat being connected with how we interact/communicate externally, and the solar plexus acting as a sort of gauge for that interaction...gut feelings.

Interesting stuff. :)

That seems to be true. Given the relationship between the throat and solar plexus, it could be due to the throat being connected with how we interact/communicate externally, and the solar plexus acting as a sort of gauge for that interaction...gut feelings.

Interesting stuff. :)

Yes - interesting. I see the throat (internally) as communicating between head and heart which is why language is both about logic and feeling at the same time cos it translates the heart's feelingness into the head's thoughts. The solar plexus plays a similar role between heart and belly.

Sorry if this is not very clear or developed but I'm writing in a hurry.

Cheers

John

John,

It's cool how you can look at this from so many different vantage points. Once you have some time, could you describe the role of the belly? Maybe related to how well we digest our experiences? :lol:

-Scott

A few thoughts...

Both liver and spleen reside at/near the level of solar plexus. Other than already mentioneds, could be a liver~spleen disharmony or a liver (more generally, wood: Liv + GB) disharmony or a kidney~liver disharmony. It wouldn't be too surprising. We are in beginning of stages of spring, it is the season of transition from water to wood (kidneys to liver). Heavy stuff tends to get jammed up as it starts to express and circulate.

That would be my guess and IF I'm right then maybe these ideas of method would help. :unsure: ?

- massage GB + Liv channels

- qi gong / tai chi movements that rotate the waist

- any kind of regular ol' exercise, your choice, but you have to include something that will get the blood moving, promotes general full body blood circulation.

How can I work on the solar plexus specifically? Besides the spleen it is my obvious weak point. It has felt weak and all messed up for at least ten years maybe more. And healers have pointed out to me that it seems blocked. Currently the only direct way I have of working with it is pressing two acu points that are in the solar plexus area and massaging the area. I do a qigong for the spleen that seems to spill over and help the solar plexus but it does not work directly. I have been adviced to visualize a sun there and I felt it could do a lot of good but set of more chakra activity then I felt I could handle now and since I don`t do any direct work on any other chakras I am guessing I could get very imbalanced working only on the solar plexus with a sun meditation. I don`t see the same danger in a moderate use of a qigong exericise or acu points as this probably would not set of the massive activity that the visualization did and I do other stuff for my body as a whole so moderate specific work I don`t think would be unbalancing. Are there other acu points than the ones directly on the solar plexus that work on it?

other than the ren pts on that channel (i.e. ren 17) you can use lu7 for ren and you can use spleen4 to open the chong, both which run up the middle of the body, specifically lung7, as it opens the ren channel and is the master point. qigong or pressing, stimulating acupts shouldnt cause a problem. at all.

everyone in america probably has some sort of liv/sp disharmony as was mentioned, if you have a spleen problem then the liver is generally overacting on it, if you have any unfulfilled desires or are just living life then you generally have liver qi stagnation, period. however, these probably are not the cause of a solar plexus problem but could be in a round about way as its close to the hypochondriac region LOL. For that matter, anything in Chinese medicine could be looked at as affecting something else. LOL but seriously solar plexus is vague as it can be many different places on it and you didnt really say what the problem is other than weak or messed up and healers saying its blocked. if it is a simple blockage and a channel problem then acupuncture would ease it without question, keep pressing the points and use the ones i mentioned or see a nationally certified acupuncturist. No MD, DO, DC that practice it unless they happen to be board certified in it.

Edited by yuanqi

BTW----anyone saying they raise Kundalini faster, safer and PERMANENTLY needs to be avoided. This is generally a Western idea as we love to rush things or look for the easy way.

Those that practice the TRUE ORIGINAL KRIYAYOGA would not leave it and go study KAP or anything else for that matter. I am familiar with AYP and many many others. Problem is there is no one on the internet that actually was initiated by an authorized Yogacharya of Kriyayoga in the original lineage that is also offering initiation and themselves being authorized to do so.

There are not many true ones left and you cant find the real deal on the internet and go have true initiation in a weekend as they are not seeking people, if they are then there is a problem. You must find them..and be ready...in their eyes. There are plenty of people offering it on a mass scale bases and none are worth the time or money, period.

This is off topic I am aware. But when i read anyone say something about leaving Kriya and the words original,traditional,or authentic etc I generally respond and point out the fact that there is only one person known in America that has authenticity in the true lineage that gives initiation. He isnt my Guru as I was called to go to Kolkata where mine resides, but I can promise you there is no one else that is real here in america. Therefore, its not authentic, original or traditional etc and THIS is the reason they left it. And it isnt something that should be sought after for a simple imbalance or the like. Not trying to be rude, just want to straighten out the facts as there are so many wannabe's trying to make a dollar it is easy to become confused.

Edited by yuanqi

A few thoughts...

Both liver and spleen reside at/near the level of solar plexus. Other than already mentioneds, could be a liver~spleen disharmony or a liver (more generally, wood: Liv + GB) disharmony or a kidney~liver disharmony. It wouldn't be too surprising. We are in beginning of stages of spring, it is the season of transition from water to wood (kidneys to liver). Heavy stuff tends to get jammed up as it starts to express and circulate.

That would be my guess and IF I'm right then maybe these ideas of method would help. :unsure: ?

- massage GB + Liv channels

- qi gong / tai chi movements that rotate the waist

- any kind of regular ol' exercise, your choice, but you have to include something that will get the blood moving, promotes general full body blood circulation.

NICE! you sound like a TCM practitioner....

Stretch the GB channels on legs. IT bands.

Move the waist. Dai Mai channel.

Fill center and left side of solar plexus with morning/afternoon heat energy from sun.

(Its not called the solar plexus for nothing...)

Push up into your rib cage with prayer hands on right side, just under ribs, until pressure relieves. All 3 lobes of liver starting with right and moving to center.

Drink peony tea.

Do qi gong!

Enjoy!

:)

So you did all that sales pitch for something you don't want to try and practice? All I was suggesting was if you feel strongly about KAP, then try that! Or does it raise Kundalini "SAFELY" without working on Solar Plexus and clearing blockages? Not following your own advice no? They teach a bunch of stuff there for Solar Plexus, Dantien, Chakras all mixed up. Not that I found them useful, but since you so strongly feel about KAP, had to say it :lol:

As I have written in several posts were my practice has been discussed I don`t do KAP because no matter how well you manage a kundalini awakening it is destabilizing during the worst phases and I do not want to do anything to set that of untill I finish my studies in a couple of years time. One could also imagine a bunch of other reasons for me not doing it such as the timing of when the next round of clases start, or the time at which they are held during the day, lack of money or that while I think KAP seems like a very good system I am happy enough in my own. What I wrote was also just as much a sales pitch for AYP. I could have been hapily doing that. Whart you did was just trying to score a cheap point without actually delivering any meaningfull argument. THats just shitty behaviour. If you have anything against what I have said about KAP then you could have actually argued why what I said was wrong in the thread were I said it instead of invading my unrelated thread with sarcastic remarks.

You found help in the Frantzis` water method but nothing of use in KAP. Sereneblue got absolutely ntohing out of doing the water method but loved KAP. Where does that leave us? Your own experience alone is a bad basis of judging the merits of a system. I actually tried AYP and did not like it but still recomend it to other people because it works so well for so many others. It is undeniable that KAP has gotten very good reviews from a large group of people and very little bad reviews and there has not been one single report of anyone getting hurt by it although I am sure that will also happen at some point.

Edited by markern

THanks to everyone for the advice. I especially found the stuff about a conection between the throat and solar plexus interesting. I do trap my feleings a lot and the solar plexus and the throat is to places I feel are very blocked and are also the two places healers and pthers who can scan the energybody have told me has the most obvious blocks. I don`t practice a system per se these days but only some general stuff like standing and some healing sounds and other general stuff that are balancing and helps with grounding. I am well aware that just mindlessly working on one specific aspect without reagard for the whole is not a good idea but I do stuff for the whole and for each organ in helaing sounds and I have had sucess for 6 months doing a qigong for the spleen without getting any trouble with it so it seemed like to me that a very moderate add on for the solar plexus like my spleen exercise could help boost it as it is disprrportionaly in bad shape. Acupressure seems like a good option and I am already getting acupressure. I have actually gotten some improvements lately but I think that has been related to psychological work helaing stuff in the solar plexus.

BTW----anyone saying they raise Kundalini faster, safer and PERMANENTLY needs to be avoided. This is generally a Western idea as we love to rush things or look for the easy way.

Those that practice the TRUE ORIGINAL KRIYAYOGA would not leave it and go study KAP or anything else for that matter. I am familiar with AYP and many many others. Problem is there is no one on the internet that actually was initiated by an authorized Yogacharya of Kriyayoga in the original lineage that is also offering initiation and themselves being authorized to do so.

There are not many true ones left and you cant find the real deal on the internet and go have true initiation in a weekend as they are not seeking people, if they are then there is a problem. You must find them..and be ready...in their eyes. There are plenty of people offering it on a mass scale bases and none are worth the time or money, period.

This is off topic I am aware. But when i read anyone say something about leaving Kriya and the words original,traditional,or authentic etc I generally respond and point out the fact that there is only one person known in America that has authenticity in the true lineage that gives initiation. He isnt my Guru as I was called to go to Kolkata where mine resides, but I can promise you there is no one else that is real here in america. Therefore, its not authentic, original or traditional etc and THIS is the reason they left it. And it isnt something that should be sought after for a simple imbalance or the like. Not trying to be rude, just want to straighten out the facts as there are so many wannabe's trying to make a dollar it is easy to become confused.

I have noticed there are a lot of argumetns about what is the true kriya yoga lineages. Anyway, there are people who do ayp who used to practice in tibetan budhist lineages. THere are also plenty of people who have left Tibetan Budhism for all sorts of other systems. The tibetan lineages are usually always intact. Unless true kriya yoga is somehow vastly superior to tibetan budhism, which I doubt, then people would sometimes leave even a true kriya yoga lineage for something else, say ayp. This does not have to mean the system is bad just that different systems work for different people. But it could also mean that there are advanteges for what they leave for, such as more safety.

Arround were I live there are a lot of people who have practiced all sorts of indian systems that they have learnt in india. The most common is the Satyananda and sivananda yoga and two different kriya yoga lineages I don`t know the names of the teachers in, but people have also done a bunch of other stuff they have learnt in india in various ashrams. A lot of those people have struggled hard with grounding issues and been seriously unbalanced while many have gotten good results. I highly doubt they have all been practicing dead lineages. In thailand psychiatrists complain about all the people they have to treat that get fucked up doing budhist meditation retreats. All sorts of systems with intact lineages get these problems. Even in China Qigong psychosis is common and Mo Pai is admittedly a very dangerous system. So being able to manage an energy system with little to no serious problems and especially managing kundalini awakening much smoother than normal is a great achievement and and improvement. And improvement in that regard does not necesarily mean better in other regards of course.

Both in Tao Garden and in the yoga place I was at in India they thought that what they taught was safe and no one got heart. A little google search showed that both were wrong and that other systems statisticly produces less undesirable effects in its students. What the teacher and the students on the spot say and belive about how the students do is very often different from what happens. The internett is actually good for reseaching if it holds up in certain regards such as energy overload and grounding problems.

I have noticed there are a lot of argumetns about what is the true kriya yoga lineages. Anyway, there are people who do ayp who used to practice in tibetan budhist lineages. THere are also plenty of people who have left Tibetan Budhism for all sorts of other systems. The tibetan lineages are usually always intact. Unless true kriya yoga is somehow vastly superior to tibetan budhism, which I doubt, then people would sometimes leave even a true kriya yoga lineage for something else, say ayp. This does not have to mean the system is bad just that different systems work for different people. But it could also mean that there are advanteges for what they leave for, such as more safety.

Arround were I live there are a lot of people who have practiced all sorts of indian systems that they have learnt in india. The most common is the Satyananda and sivananda yoga and two different kriya yoga lineages I don`t know the names of the teachers in, but people have also done a bunch of other stuff they have learnt in india in various ashrams. A lot of those people have struggled hard with grounding issues and been seriously unbalanced while many have gotten good results. I highly doubt they have all been practicing dead lineages. In thailand psychiatrists complain about all the people they have to treat that get fucked up doing budhist meditation retreats. All sorts of systems with intact lineages get these problems. Even in China Qigong psychosis is common and Mo Pai is admittedly a very dangerous system. So being able to manage an energy system with little to no serious problems and especially managing kundalini awakening much smoother than normal is a great achievement and and improvement. And improvement in that regard does not necesarily mean better in other regards of course.

Both in Tao Garden and in the yoga place I was at in India they thought that what they taught was safe and no one got heart. A little google search showed that both were wrong and that other systems statisticly produces less undesirable effects in its students. What the teacher and the students on the spot say and belive about how the students do is very often different from what happens. The internett is actually good for reseaching if it holds up in certain regards such as energy overload and grounding problems.

I understand your point. And you are right. There are dangers in almost all systems. However, I truly believe that IF you find the right, instructor, master or Guru (whatever name you want to give to that person) and HE/SHE awakens the Kundalini and then you practice correctly that there is very very little that could go wrong at all. The reason being is during the diksha the Guru opens everything himself, it takes HIS spiritual energy and power to do it and not only that, it takes HIM to do it properly. After this you are under His protection of sorts, even if your 10k miles away. It takes a REAL system, and a REAL Guru, then it take you as a person to practice and do it they way you are supposed to, and as often as you are supposed to.

Granted when i was initiated everything was fine til i got back to the states. then when i was practicing my head was feeling heavy, almost like wrapped in something and i was finding it difficult to wake up in the morning, i mean i would wake up but wouldnt really be "awake" til the afternoon. I also had many situations pop up with my work and the loss of money that has never happened and it was i feel a test, so i kept on keeping on and practiced and things got better, the head thing only lasted 2 weeks or so. this is normal not only in my lineage but in others as well when kundalini is truly awakened. doesnt happen to everyone but it does happen. No one i met that was a disciple of my Guru was ungrounded at all. quite the opposite. my brother disciple and i both feel that spontaneous awakenings are quite rare, sometimes thru practice it can happen, sometimes thru major trauma but it generally doesnt stay that way, the problem is it just doesnt happen that often although here in the west people think it does. if you look at the names of historical figures that were considered to have theirs opened spontaneously they were generally reknowned saints and extreme devotees of something, more so than the average person walking around. i think this is when one has problems and seeks help, or thru improper practice. It is VERY difficult to find someone these days that is not only authentic and authorized to do initiations and wake the kundalini, that topped with the fact they may or may not do it to just anyone that shows up makes it even more difficult to find. basically what i am saying is i wouldnt trust anything found in weekend workshops ( 1 or more), the internet (great info sometimes, but without someone to guide you equals dangerous) and books (alot of great books out there but you cant learn properly from books) i would imagine as a whole that everyone that has issues that are severe with kundalini are either hallucinating, learned from a book or someone that wasnt worthy, had enough karma that its causing the problem now, were initiated by someone that doesnt have the authority, or were experimenting. Generally the person that did the initiation would be there to answer questions for you and guide you, help you etc. the problem is places like SRF ( i love yogananda dont get me wrong) Swami Hariharananda's place in Homestead, FL they have a "yogacharya" do it and he isnt your Guru, just generally a westerner that has the "power" to do it. LOL so who then answers the questions, neither one practice the authentic lineage of Kriya as it is, Hariharananda didnt have many of the higher Kriyas and although there is a picture of him as the main person at Sri Yukteswars ashram in Puri, thats only due to past politics, matter of fact it also states there that his "successor" isnt authorized to take over the lineage so going to homestead would be a place that could cause problems, srf doesnt teach authentic Kriya either as Yoganandaji didnt teach it to the westeners as they couldnt do it so he changed it. and then you have Shibendu Lahiree that carries the Lahiree last name, he is the one that is really dangerous as the great grandson of Lahiree Mahasaya he goes and does initiations throughout the world, problem is (even though he has his Great Grandfathers 26 diaries that detail everything) he was never authorized to initiate others, he wasnt his fathers chief disciple. So he has no power, is giving partial techniques and couldnt know how to fix it when someone gets screwed up. these are just a few examples of how hard it is to find ANYONE that is for real, it took my years and years all thru the Taoist thoughts and systems to eventually this. I met some real taoists, been to workshops and had certifications from them personally but what most teach is a watered down version and alot is already public knowledge. so as you can see there are reason why people get hurt screwing around with something that very few actually, truly know about and can help you after the fact. these workshops and other things IMO are a joke, I would never ever ever go to one and expect to come out with anything (i have been to many in the past), they are money makers. if you do come out with anything, then is it permanate, if it is, is the system whole and does the person have what it takes to fix anything that goes wrong later. cause something surely will. i feel completely protected when i practice, after the initial awakening issues things passed as i knew they would, my Guru protects me and my practice and is avaiable to answer my questions and check my progress (although its another trip to India to get checked LOL) I never even considered that anything truly negative would happen because i knew He was the real deal. I was aware of all the bad press kundalini gets, its again caused by people that have no clue for the most part, or their karma was such that it is causing major problems, but generally i wouldnt even say thats the case. i think its half assed systems, experimentation and every joe schmoe out there writing books and having seminars. I know how all this sounds and its not directed towards you, i just get sick and tired of these toads out there screwing around with peoples lives and all for the buck. are there a few good qigong teachers out there sure. it is safe, pretty much. but even now, you see all sorts of american masters popping up because it has such a footing now in america. a laugh at most. especially ones that make up their own systems and trademark the name, heck even a few chinese and others do that. in this country you damn near half to or someone else will get your buck. I also agree that there are alot of arguments about Kriya and lineages etc. What I KNOW is there are only a few that one can find that teach the authentic methods, the ones that really work, and they may or maynot except westerners anymore (my Guru doesnt), not because of hatred or anything mind you, His words are this- it's like pouring Ghee on ashes.He had a few over the last 50 years come from Europe and find Him, then afterwards they go home, they lose contact with Him and no longer practice, so He feels its a waste, especially of His spiritual energy, of course no Americans to my knowledge, except me, and that for several reason, but I also happened to know someone that is close to Him, so that helped my case. But there are only a few that are out where one can find them, everyone that talks about stuff here in the West in regards to Kriya for the most part do not have a true lineage, or authorized Yogacharya that initiated them. Real practioners are hard to find, trust me, i have looked for years. They only know bits and pieces. So I try not to even listen to them. enuf said about that, sorry for the rant.

Edited by yuanqi

Action, action, action and more action!! you need to do some introspection and find if you do not know allready what is holding you back in life?

What stops you from making strong decisions and going ahead and doing them?

When you walk amongst others do you slump your shoulders and collapse your chest/solar plexus area? if so work on not doing that.

When you are angry do you just turn to inertia? if so try working with the anger, stay focused on what you are doing and act but don't give in to the angry feelings, just use the energy for positivity..

The solar plexus area is all about personal power and action.

Good luck!!

Ed

BTW in regards to the points i mentioned earlier. You can also try this, although it would work better with needles. I forgot about it before. LOL

Using a little more esoteric approach and 5 element acupuncture in particular part of the problem could be that you had a situation that was difficult to process, in this case digest. Then in turn led it to get stagnated and it affected the heart. This can cause that type of problem. An easy and simple fix would be using the entry/exit points. For this you could use the exit point of the spleen (spleen 21) then the entry point of the heart (heart 1)then inorder to separate the pure from impure use the entry point of the small intestine (SI 1) this will allow you to digest it, work thru it, separate it, and excrete what you dont need. These are powerful when done right, when i use them in 5 element acupuncture the needles are placed, da qi (arrival of qi) is felt, then the needles are taken out, usually with a slight twist (clockwise) to lock it in. Could also use stomach 42 and entry point of spleen and the rest in that order. This treatment can be felt and it can sometimes be painful once the qi has arrived, like a very strong ache, might have emotional stuff come up as well. I like 5 element and i dont use it all the time but for emotional/esoteric/psych/spiritual type of stuff it works wonders. Although the points are in Deadman, the spiritual use is generally not at all. This is that type of treatment.

Good luck.

Edited by yuanqi

Much good advice here.

I've worked on the spleen, as this, according to my chinese birth chart, my weakest element.

1. Get a reading from an experienced practitioner of chinese birth chart systems. It actually works. My weakest and strongest element really explained alot of practice and life-related issues.

2. Eat root-vegetables, and other spleen-strenghtening foods. And avoid stimulants and nicotine. It only adds fuel to the over-worked spleen

3. Avoid rumination and worry as much as possible.

4. Do spontaneous qigong with sounds. Dont force it. Pinpointing the blockage through sound-vibration is by far the most effective, and connected issues also tend to resolve.

5. Use hand mudras that work on the spleen

But my most important lesson from working on my "blockages". ( our energy can't be blocked actually, only our perception) is that these issues cannot be worked with in a causal, instrumental way. There are underlying reasons I had spleen issues, and they, as yours were connected with worry, surpressing my emotions, and a fear of listening to, and trusting my emotions.

Mostly this area are closely connected to doing things in everyday life that you dislike or reject,either on an experiential plane or an energetic. Secondly it revolves around issues of honesty and integrity.

Atleast it did for me.

Just my 2 kr.

h

Ok so today has been a very interesting day in regards to my solar plexus, and had a lot of insight into its inner workings (I guess several hours of insight meditation will do that lol).

This is what I noticed. When ever I have a thought that makes me uncomfortable I often feel it as pressure or tightness in my solar plexus area. As I had posted earlier in another thread today in an earlier meditation I saw how depressing feelings were one side of my subconscious criticizing the other side. The criticized side was the part that would feel bummed out and I noticed this was located in this tight knot in my solar plexus.

Well after some more meditation I had even further insight into the inner workings of this process (at least this is my personal experience). So I observed that a thought would originate in my heart. No surprises there as the heart houses the mind and the spirit. Ok so the heart is doing its job in thinking thoughts. After the thought was formed then I noticed the liver would take a look at it. Guess it was like the general reviewing orders from the emperor or something like that. Anyways it was like if the liver had no issues with the thought then that was pretty much the end of story. BUT if the liver did have an issue with a particular thought then the fun and games would begin. If it didn't like a thought it would judge and criticize that thought. Then the spleen being the professional worrier would fret and stress over the fact that the liver was upset.

Then I realized that the common pivot point around which the heart, liver and spleen all rotated around was the solar plexus area. Interestingly enough there is a condition in TCM called restless zang (organ) disorder. The main herbal formula "Gan Mai Da Zao Wan" treats the heart, liver and spleen. In fact in the clinic I have prescribed this to more than one patient with depression and it has proven to be quite effective.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this