Sign in to follow this  
buddhasbellybuttonfluff

A Brief Introduction

Hi Fluff,

Welcome!

May you enjoy your time here.

Yep. One of the causes of stress is not knowing when to stop. Taoism speaks to that.

I wish you the best at learning how to release your stress (without killing someone).

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

Hi and welcome,

Hope you find a way to de-stress. You are not alone :)

Cheers

John

Thanks to everybody for your responses! I sure would like to be a more active participant on topics around here, but unfortunately my condition is quite bad so that I'm only able to gather myself to write every once in a while. Hopefully these chip-ins will eventually end up being worthy contributions.

I've come to realize that my problems are largely because of an early traumatic event which resulted in me not being able to rebound from later oppressive conditions, and thus triggering a burnout stress. Latent posttraumatic stress is a very strange thing: I wouldn't have known to suspect it at all, except for the fact that my corrugator muscle (the frowning muscle) and the muscles surrounding it are either frozen or often experiencing a sense of nervous arousal. No other disease can explain it, and I've also collected a fair number of scientific sources that seem to indicate the types of afflictions I've experienced, including the corrugator link and mixed brain lateralization development. Please let me know if you want to read those articles asap, so I will post the links for the interested.

A lot of people in the past have said me that you only need to snap out of an ill mental frame and, *whoosh*, you are cured from your mental problems. This is hardly a mental problem, and all the insight points into it being a very physical condition. So what does the burnout feel like? Usually it just feels like having a persistent hangover while dosing both sedatives and stimulants. Add in being in a heightened catabolic state and lacking motor coordination, and suddenly you are a semi-invalid.

Thankfully I've been able to find the hidden gears few months ago, and I'm positively heading for the better. There's some wonderful material on the making that will hit the light once I'm for certain over and finished with this condition and can finally have the necessary mental clarity for a good editorial touch. :ninja:

Re: Tea. I would have to say that plain green tea is very tasty, but fresh water with a pinch of salt is even better.

Blessings!

Edited by buddhasbellybuttonfluff

Hi Fluff,

Yeah, a traumatic experience would do what you are speaking to. The roots of the problem are probably somewhere in your subconscious so you have to deal with that and get it cleaned up.

I have no specific suggestions. Get whatever assistance you can get hold of.

Best wishes.

Peace & Love!

Hi there.:)

Well done for figuring out so much about how you feel. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your findings when you feel able.

I'm going to tell you a couple of things I have done for myself which may or really may not be relevant to you.. if they are then hooray, if not, then pffft!!, move swiftly on...

these things are really simple and quite amazingly effective, they are to do with thoughts and images arising, and you may well not have thoughts arising that perpetuate your state .. so.. the same technique may be applicable to a persistent psyche-soma response...

one is a technique I got from a dream yoga book, which suggests that we regard daily life as a dream, this technique is to apply specifically to life problems that seem insoluble.. every time the issue arises in the mind, say to yourself 'it is just a dream'..

over a period of time, whatever was recurrently arising in the mind, gives up and goes away.. (like magic!)

another technique like this which I employed super effectively was one I made up inspired by Richard Bandlers techniques for finding images of what you want to minimise/eradicate about your behavior/thoughts, and shrinking them visually so that they become very small, removing the colour from them so that they become sepia, and turning any volume down on them so that they are silent.

What I did, was see the image of what I needed to be free from, and see it dematerialise, turn to dust and blow away in the wind. I did this repeatedly and a very very longstanding issue just stopped being an issue, surprisingly quickly.

I guess it is mind training. I had no idea it was fast and effective.

This may not be relevant to you because you may not have any thoughts to deal with, but instead have the residual issue of the forehead etc.. in which case you may be able to get an image for the physical stuckness and dissolve it ..

or you may be able to work on dissolving the original trauma if you have recall of it.

Another very helpful body -mind technique is EFT, google Gary Craig. The techniques are on youtube.

Acupressure is also great, it's something we can do for ourselves.

Anyway, I'm in danger of writing an essay here..

Good Luck and Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry I skimmed the thread, I am new as well to The Tao Bums. So this contribution is merely surface level.

I just wanted to tell you... your alias/handle/aka/nick made me crack a huge smile and I had a jolly inner laugh about it. Thank you!

CheslinK

Thanks to everybody for the cheers and the plentiful advice. Very much appreciated! :)

Currently I feel like I've found the right practice to nourish my spirit. The article concerning it can be found in the "Contributed Articles" section: hopefully someone else might also benefit from reading it. Still, it's the lingering physical symptoms that are the real issue, and it might take months before the tide turns. Healing from a chronic condition sure takes its time.

Meanwhile, I'm experiencing an increased frequency of weird electric sounding crackling just above and behind my head and generally very unsual modes of perception. I sure don't want to make anything out of it, just am wondering how strange these things are. ;)

It's good to hear that other people have had hearty chuckles from my user handle. For me Taomeow's previous signature combined with the handle hit the laughing nerve, as does cat's fantastic diving gear. :D

Blessings

Sign in to follow this