KoHsuan

Kouk Sun Do in Korea

There is Master Kim of SunDo.org. He speaks english. I saw him at a seminar in southern calif yrs ago, clearly had impressive development, was patient kind and english speaking.

My impression is that Sun Do and Kouk Sun Do are basically of the same system - what the differences are and what the politics are, I don't know.

Just stay away from Dhan yoga which I have read is based on Kouk Sun Do. Dhan Yoga is a cult. What I have read about the Sun Do that Trunk has written about before seems very appealing and I want to try it some time

There is Master Kim of SunDo.org. He speaks english. I saw him at a seminar in southern calif yrs ago, clearly had impressive development, was patient kind and english speaking.

My impression is that Sun Do and Kouk Sun Do are basically of the same system - what the differences are and what the politics are, I don't know.

from what one practitioner from Korea said to me .. sundo is simplified version of kouk sundo for American needs. Master Kim has removed a lot of physically demanding practices.

Thanx a million for posting this, the biography of this man is very inspiring !

I havent been able to see the rock breaking video either btw.

Kind regards, M

Hey! I am actually in Korea right now. If you happen to find any masters I would love to know. I'll go check it out for you and tell you what's up.

I'm looking as well.

Hey! I am actually in Korea right now. If you happen to find any masters I would love to know. I'll go check it out for you and tell you what's up.

I'm looking as well.

thanks! will appreciate

This SunDo pdf (link) from the SunDo website was recently referred to me. (Thanks! to "balance.")

The elements<~>postures correspondences strike me as somewhat doubtful :glare: (just my personal impression), but the postures are displayed :D (through which you do SunDo's LTT breathing, pictured below) and there is some good general information in the article. :)

mnts-spiral.jpg

Like Trunk said earlier I believe Kouk Sun Do and Sun Do are the same.  At least that`s how it was presented to me when I attended a retreat some years ago.  It is not a martial system, though I wouldn`t mess with Master Kim. It`s a very challenging series of physical postures done with special breathing for spiritual development.  Recommended.