Thunder_Gooch

Using Melatonin To Help Induce Deep Trance

Hey guys/gals,

I just wanted to write in saying that I have found using a large dose of melatonin, in addition to a sleep mask really helps me get into the zone for deep trance work. Not that anyone here would actually care.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

You can produce more melatonin naturally by wearing certain blue light blocking sunglasses. There are other products on this website which may also help decrease blue light...like the computer screen filter.

www.lowbluelights.com

Hey guys/gals,

I just wanted to write in saying that I have found using a large dose of meditation, in addition to a sleep mask really helps me get into the zone for deep trance work. Not that anyone here would actually care.

Do you have any recollections when you come out of the trance? How does that affect your sleep (if any)?

Thanks.

Do you have any recollections when you come out of the trance? How does that affect your sleep (if any)?

Thanks.

I get by on about 4 hours of sleep per night as long as I meditate in deep trance for a few hours each day.

please if you would more pie give us a link to an old thread or tell us more about your deep trance work

I know you have talked about it before and even mentioned using a specific kind of chair to get better results as i recall, so i apologize for being lazy in advance.

thanks

Hey guys/gals,

I just wanted to write in saying that I have found using a large dose of meditation, in addition to a sleep mask really helps me get into the zone for deep trance work. Not that anyone here would actually care.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14976457

RESULTS: Initially, the median melatonin level was 4.9 pg/ml-1 in the meditators and 3.1 pg/ml-1 in the reference group (p<0.01). After one hour of practice, melatonin had decreased to a median of 3.4 pg/ml-1 in the meditators (p<0.0001), but was unchanged in the reference group. After three hours of meditation, melatonin had declined further in the meditators. After one hour of practice, serotonin concentrations decreased in both the meditators and the reference group (p<0.01). CONCLUSIONS: The findings suggest that advanced meditators have higher melatonin levels than non-meditators. Melatonin decreases during long meditation, a finding the study does not explain. Serotonin declines after both one-hour meditation and rest, indicating that serotonin may be a marker of general rest and not meditation-specific relaxation.

I get by on about 4 hours of sleep per night as long as I meditate in deep trance for a few hours each day.

M.P.G.,,,

I have learned to mentaly give myself a brain massage - much like stretching when waking from sleep and then mentaly relaxing all muscles - which seems to release melatonin. It is a lot like mentaly making wrinkles on my forehead - only it happens on portions of my brain - usually the center right to left area. I have also taught myself to be simultaneously ambidexterous including with different timing (Piano and Karate practice), and wiggle my ears.

The begining of ambidextrerity is tossing 2 super balls or ping pong balls against the wall simultaneously and when expertise is found with both hand - try it on a corner wall and then on ceiling, to R. wall to L. wall and catch with opposite hands.

The above are the beginning exercises for aquiring R & L Brain Lobe communication and use. It sounds simplistic but is the key function needed for creative building & mechanics. When I learned it, I began seeing designs in the grain of driftwood - some were animal shapes, some were faces. One day I picked up a flat head screwdriver and carved 4 faces and a Seal (the kind that eats fish) out of 5 different peices of wood. The faces were named: Wind, Sea, Sun and Earth.

The next step, the meditation that teaches conceptionalization techniques, is found here:

Christmas Humphreys - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Humphreys - wrote a book: Concentration and Meditation: Manual of Mind Development that has a few Buddhist practices that includes conceptionalization techniques, based in meditation, as well as others.

The trick with meditation, is to meditate in deep trance AND remain awake and focused. <= this is where the red dot meditation comes in - AND it is where astral projection begins.

Edited by ~jK~

please if you would more pie give us a link to an old thread or tell us more about your deep trance work

I know you have talked about it before and even mentioned using a specific kind of chair to get better results as i recall, so i apologize for being lazy in advance.

thanks

When I meditate my goal is to go as deeply as possible to the point where I can no longer feel my own body, nor hear or experience any outside stimulus. Most of the time I use a massage chair I purchased because it is very comfortable but not so much so you could fall asleep in it.

When I meditate my goal is to go as deeply as possible to the point where I can no longer feel my own body, nor hear or experience any outside stimulus. Most of the time I use a massage chair I purchased because it is very comfortable but not so much so you could fall asleep in it.

Do you know any possible associated risks/side effects/dangers of frequently dosing melatonin, but in addition to meditation . . . I'm aware that the UK banned melatonin sometime ago but it's status in the US and many other countries remains unscheduled. I have experienced intense psychedelic level dreams while dosed with melatonin, I think it is a I have gotten into many lucid/trance dream/consciousness states a (valuable?) possible spiritual cheat code providing it offers no ill effects with repetitive, yet responsible use.

I noticed having much stronger meditation -- lucid dreams, etc. from drinking a can of condensed milk at night.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/7152.php

Melatonin is produced in the pineal gland of mammals and aids in the regulation of circadian rhythms. In cow milk, the concentration of melatonin is three to four times higher when cows are milked shortly before dawn than when they are milked during the daytime. It also has been discovered that the substance exists not only in animals but also in a variety of plants.

A study on rats indicated the risk of taking excessive amounts of melatonin, a danger associated with taking the substance in pill form rather than in natural products such as milk.

According to the study, which examined a total of 30 rats for 32 months, a group fed night milk lived longer than those given ordinary milk. However, the test also showed that those fed with milk that had 20 times the natural concentration of melatonin died earlier than those fed with night milk with natural melatonin levels. Postmortem examination showed the group of rats fed with the highest level of melatonin had enlarged livers.

Do you know any possible associated risks/side effects/dangers of frequently dosing melatonin, but in addition to meditation . . . I'm aware that the UK banned melatonin sometime ago but it's status in the US and many other countries remains unscheduled. I have experienced intense psychedelic level dreams while dosed with melatonin, I think it is a I have gotten into many lucid/trance dream/consciousness states a (valuable?) possible spiritual cheat code providing it offers no ill effects with repetitive, yet responsible use.

The arthritis sleep formula I am currently using contains melatonin.

In the past (1996) I tried it with limited success, valerian root worked, for relaxation anyway.

With the melatonin It either worked or I would have a fitful toss and turn fest (why don't I ever read or exercise when this happens still confounds me).

I also noticed my complexion was more pale, nowadays as well.

Now that tryptophan is legal again I will use it on occasion when I must sleep. Again it will work amazingly well, or not.

The arthritis sleep formula I am currently using contains melatonin.

In the past (1996) I tried it with limited success, valerian root worked, for relaxation anyway.

With the melatonin It either worked or I would have a fitful toss and turn fest (why don't I ever read or exercise when this happens still confounds me).

I also noticed my complexion was more pale, nowadays as well.

Now that tryptophan is legal again I will use it on occasion when I must sleep. Again it will work amazingly well, or not.

The only possible associated risks/side effects/dangers of frequently using melatonin that I am aware of is that it can disrupt a person's sleep cycle.

Although - I use it when I fly- to sleep the flight away, when I catch a cold -so as to sleep the cold away, and whenever I feel like it - for about 3 years - with no poblems.