passenger1980

Hallucinogens Have Doctors Tuning In Again

Well i don't think the idea is to encourage drug use but one wonders how the current legal and medicine drug market is handled, while other drugs like lsd are completely in the dark. Same goes to illegal drugs, but that's another whole debate.

Anyone who has taken lsd or similar drugs knows what the article is all about. To many people, spiritual experiences are completely foreign due to how they live their lives and how they feed their ego. While many of us have experienced meditation and practice effects on our lives and can understand there's more to reality, many other people - who are let's say more "spiritual challenged" - could definitely benefit for a different (artificial yes...) perspective with psychedelic drugs.

Awesome! :D And any continued clinical research is likely to return very impressive results too, judging by the last decade.

Unfortunately its unlikely to change the legal availability of entheogens for people who would make use of them. Some people are terrified by these things. The fear, misinformation & prejudice out there is simply too great to overcome with a few studies.

Still, its exciting to see continued research confirm what every psychonaut knows full well applies to them personally (but may have wondered if it were true in a wider sense).

I don't know how many know this but in the UK people discovered a legal loophole in order to buy & sell psychedelic mushrooms over the counter. It went on for a few years until the law was changed in April 2005. The last year before that they were widely available and that was an awesome year for a lot of people!

I support the effort...

But I think a much better way of doing things is to get people to have these experiences on their own without the use of drugs- as further down the article it says that some people had similar effects even while not on the hallucinogens.

Just stuff to think about.