Gerard

Tao Bums's emotional vampires

There are some users in here attracted by higher vibrating energy who instead of helping and providing advice are simply negative. They like to drain us with their whinging, complaining, negative views, asking for constant help and advice, going back and forth with their views and practice methods, questioning their validity and even the validity of the teachers who are always willing to help fellow humans for the common good.

As you can see there are many types of emotional vampires but basically they fall into the following categories:

1. Negative type. Everything looks dark and grim to them.

2. Complaining type. Whinge about everyone and everything. Very draining type of people. I used to be one of them! But with lots of hard work, years of internal cultivation, lifestyle changes and determination past emotional issues and blockages were cleared.

3. Criticising type. Eveything is flawed to them. No one will ever match their illusory standards, not even the Buddha. Some of the Tao Bum forums users fall into this category.

4. Warring type. Any event, even the pettiest ones, will trigger an aggressive reaction in them.

5. Weak and defenseless type. They require constant support and reassurance since they seem unable to manage on their own. This type suck a lot of our energy. We also can include in here those who after a confrontation still hold a grudge even though they seem to have forgiven you and eventually get their own back.

6. The sarcastic type. Their cruel and mocking comments may seem funny to them but eventually all that morbid humour may drain you a lot. You feel hurt for this constant attacks since they have the ability to hit the "bull's eye."

7. Drama queen type. They are constantly talking about catastrophes, disease, death, end of the world and financial crisis. Life to them is only a place riddled with danger. 5 minutes with them is enough to get on your nerves. This type of emotional vampire is very draining.

I haven't opened this thread for witch-hunting purposes, but to show to all the emotional vampires which lurk in this forum that they need to move on with their emotional baggage and leave everyone else alone.

Personally I see a lot of that in here, and honestly it gets tiring.

Good luck if you have identified yourself as belonging to one particular type and is willing to change because the spiritual path requires total healing before embarking in serious work, not clinging to emotions and desire.

Edited by durkhrod chogori
  • Like 1

I'm a #1 and #2...but I realized I got mine and that stuff is going away.

Edited by lino

...Personally I see a lot of that in here, ...

Huh, that's funny to me because, I never noticed it before.

The only thing here that gets tiring to me is ppl not clipping quoted material. But that's a pretty petty complaint...

I didn't open this thread for egotistic purposes or to upset anyone (and if they get upset, well they need to work on their egos, so no big deal!). Some Indian masters are far worse than me for opening this thread, they just hit your hard your ego when you least expect it and they make you feel like a trash can, but of course they have a high a purpose for doing this, even though you might think they belong to the sarcastic type. ;)

Anyway, I am veering off about the ego thing. Let's discuss about the emotional garbage that lurks in the minds of "civilised" humans and turns many of them into energy suckers.

Ah! the beautiful mind, the main cause that keeps us tied to Samsara. :)

Cool thread.

I'll admit #3 (and 4) can really get to me. I'm working on being more tolerant. But I do feel it can easily bring the level of communication down which is something I personally would like to avoid.

I have a new category:

People living in glass houses that throw rocks with false humility while blindfolded.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I dont mind those kind of users,at least in this place we may benefit in some way,as there is some inspirational stuff about.

Also one can look at meeting more "negative" people as beneficial ,it helps being more sharp in awarness .I belive in trying to turn everything in life work for my good becouse i like to feel good.Im not saying its easy though,but im not afraid of hardship either.

None can "suck energy"out of anyone unless there is something -even a little of similar energy resonating.

This is the way of the world,all kind of is influence dancing around,should i mistake this influence as my real me?

None can "suck energy"out of anyone unless there is something -even a little of similar energy resonating.

I like that :)

wonderful av, btw...

Edited by soaring crane

Valid subject and worthy of discussion. However, I wouldn't be overly concerned with the subject. Everyone is here for their own reason. And no matter how we look at it, it is because we all have needs of one form or another.

While it is true that hearing the same thing over and over again can become boring, I suggest that the member in question has some kind of problem they are trying to resolve within themself. So I don't see where any of us should deny that individual member the opportunity to resolve their problem as long as the posts are consistent with the rules of the board.

Yes, sometime we need to work on our tolerance and allow others to voice their opinions and question the opinions of others. And then again, if the subject matter being discussed is of no interest to us there is nothing in the rules that states that we have to read the posts and respond to them.

And yes, optimism is important too - being optimistic that all the members here will find what it is they need and are looking for even if we personally thing that they are being over-bearing in their search.

Peace & Love!

There are some users in here attracted by higher vibrating energy who instead of helping and providing advice are simply negative. They like to drain us with their whinging, complaining, negative views, asking for constant help and advice, going back and forth with their views and practice methods, questioning their validity and even the validity of the teachers who are always willing to help fellow humans for the common good.

As you can see there are many types of emotional vampires but basically they fall into the following categories:

2. Complaining type. Whinge about everyone and everything. Very draining type of people. I used to be one of them! But with lots of hard work, years of internal cultivation, lifestyle changes and determination past emotional issues and blockages were cleared.

3. Criticising type. Eveything is flawed to them. No one will ever match their illusory standards, not even the Buddha. Some of the Tao Bum forums users fall into this category.

4. Warring type. Any event, even the pettiest ones, will trigger an aggressive reaction in them.

5. Weak and defenseless type. They require constant support and reassurance since they seem unable to manage on their own. This type suck a lot of our energy. We also can include in here those who after a confrontation still hold a grudge even though they seem to have forgiven you and eventually get their own back.

6. The sarcastic type. Their cruel and mocking comments may seem funny to them but eventually all that morbid humour may drain you a lot. You feel hurt for this constant attacks since they have the ability to hit the "bull's eye."

7. Drama queen type. They are constantly talking about catastrophes, disease, death, end of the world and financial crisis. Life to them is only a place riddled with danger. 5 minutes with them is enough to get on your nerves. This type of emotional vampire is very draining.

I haven't opened this thread for witch-hunting purposes, but to show to all the emotional vampires which lurk in this forum that they need to move on with their emotional baggage and leave everyone else alone.

Good luck if you have identified yourself as belonging to one particular type and is willing to change because the spiritual path requires total healing before embarking in serious work, not clinging to emotions and desire.

You imply that you are somehow enlightened and above it all. If that statement is true, then why would it bother you?

ralis

Edited by ralis

I dont mind those kind of users,at least in this place we may benefit in some way,as there is some inspirational stuff about.

Also one can look at meeting more "negative" people as beneficial ,it helps being more sharp in awarness .I belive in trying to turn everything in life work for my good becouse i like to feel good.Im not saying its easy though,but im not afraid of hardship either.

This is the way of the world,all kind of is influence dancing around,should i mistake this influence as my real me?

I agree. To a certain extent, you must feed the vampire, and allow them to take energy. If you see someone acting in a manner that they usually do to draw attention, or you recognize a certain patter or behavior which you know is a downer to the forum- don't respond, simple as that.

Also, it's helpful to recognize that, again, there are many different types of people here. Not all of us have the same goals, or think the same things are important (some people would rather get sex powers than attain enlightenment, they're perfectly fine with playing in the wheel of reincarnation or whatever you want to call it)

So it helps to recognize who you are talking to as well, and tailor your responses (written or emotional) to the situation.

You imply that you are somehow enlightened and above it all. If that statement is true, then why would it bother you?

Yes, durkhrod chogori, I don't want to seem like I'm targeting you (I know how this sounds already :P) but since you have put it out there I'm going to say it up front: there are a lot of times in which you, yourself, act as an emotional vampire. There are occasions when you come into threads and pretty much say everyone participating in them are wasting their time, they aren't seeking a true goal, or something like that.

I believe that falls under the category of not being helpful.

If you see a thread which you think is pointless or not worth commenting.... then there's no need to leave a comment saying you don't want to comment :lol: the very absence of any comments indicates that you either don't care, or don't have anything to add.

I also find it funny how you seem to get away with casually calling people out, almost insulting them, while not actually coming right out and saying anything. "I don't want to name any names.... but some people aren't acting the way they should be.... if that offends you it's not my fault, it's your ego's fault that you got offended. If you recognize that you have a problem and are willing to change (to something I think is better), I will help you (because I'm such a great person)"..........

Maybe we should just change the insult policy to "it's your own fault if you are offended because you haven't gotten over your ego" :lol:

And that is the extent of the energy that I will feed to this energy vampire thread (kind of ironic how a thread about stopping energy vampirism can actually start it :P)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Excellent post, this being a discussion forum on the way - with personality types go behaviors - knowing

the "types" facilitates communication - everybody appreciates recognition...

• Like 1

Your post is based on emotions. BTW, which categories do you fit into? :D

ralis

Your post is based on emotions. BTW, which categories do you fit into? :D

ralis

Hey I asked for my numbers first, he can analyse himself later :angry::lol:

i've gotta say it. as a self professed #3, i find this kind of labeling stupid. ;)

first off, whether any of you want to admit it or not, it IS a witch-hunt of sorts. it's labeling many different types of behavior as this one 'bad thing,' exaggerating much of its consequence, and encouraging the singling out or the rejection of those who fit the extremely broad definition.

and yeah, the definition is as broad and open-ended as Bush's definition of terror. EVERYONE fits some aspect of the criteria at one point or another. plus, calling it all 'emotional vampirism' is ridic. just about anything that can be regarded as 'negative' can be termed 'vampiric' under this description. so... when the perpetual victim-type is grouped under the same heading as the perpetual aggressor-type, what kind of understanding is really gained?

any pattern of behavior we find disagreeable can trigger resistance within us and drain us of energy. so with the way each of these sub-categories are defined, aren't we ALL vampires to one extent or another?

i just think it's stupid.

my criticism here meets the criteria of #s 2, 3, 4, and 6. wow, i must be a fucking monster!

give me a break, dude. :lol:

Hey I asked for my numbers first, he can analyse himself later :angry::lol:

ROLFMAO :lol: :lol:

ralis