Owledge

Error in Opening the Dragon Gate?

On pages 92 and 93 the writers mention the interrelation of Earth and humankind and the gate of life, the navel, meridians ending 'nowhere' and the relations to Earth. They say from studying the human they figured out that - assuming that the Bermuda Triangle is a death spot - the Middle East with its rich oil resources would be the navel from where Earth is nourished; being on the opposite side of the planet, drawing a straight line, just like the navel is opposite to the gate of life, where death spots are. According to the writers, Wang Liping confirmed this.

Now I tested this with Google Earth and I get different results. I couldn't figure out where I could have made a mistake. Maybe you can check this. From my thinking, locating the opposite points of planet Earth would give the following results. (I approximated some numbers.)

Bermuda Triangle @ 25-12 N 70-59 W --> 25-12 S 140 E (= southeast China)

Middle East @ 31-45 N 47-22 W --> 31-45 S 133 E (= middle south of Australia)

So with N/S (latitude) it is an axis tilt relative to the equator and with E/W (longitude) +180 is the opposite side, not forgetting that at 180° the numbers decrease again respectively at 0° they increase. So for example the opposite of the longitude 45° (from Greenwich 45° to the right) would be from Greenwich 135° to the left.

Right? :huh:

(I have trouble remembering what is latitude and what longitude, because to me it seems more logical that latitude should be the sideways thing ... from "lateral". But I checked in the Wikipedia for this.)

P.S.: I just realized that the thread title sounds like a Windows error message. :lol:

Error in opening the Dragon Gate. Please verify that you have entered the correct sect.

Edited by Hardyg

I thought this would appear in the Tech Support Forum!

No time to mull over the quesitons, but I've been told by a number of independent sources that the Tianmu/Third Eye/Pineal Gland of the Earth is right here in Oberfranken, connected with the Fichtelgebirge in some way... That's why the Bier is so good here :D

Maybe you should change the thread's name: "Error in calculating the earth's navel"

Actually there are several "Ombellico del mondo", you may check this presentation, especially from min 55:10

Why do people so often post looooong videos or documents instead of giving a summary. Saves a lot of time. I've watched a few minutes starting from 55 and it's all very vague. A lot of questions that can have many different answers. And I don't see the link to the theme of this thread.

~~~ TTBs Moderation ~~~

I moved this thread out of the "Book Club" section into the main "Taoist Discussion" section. "Book Club" section is really for sustained co-reading of whole books (or as far as we can get). This thread topic is really just one specific item. (... maybe I'm being picky.) Anyway, could be you get more participation here.

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Then please re-do the subforum description for the book club to reflect that. Currently it is "For loosely organized discussion around specific books of interest.", so it didn't really seem out of place to me.

P.S.: I just realized that the thread title sounds like a Windows error message. :lol:

Error in opening the Dragon Gate. Please verify that you have entered the correct sect.

13.gif

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?

hey, it's no secret that the Cleary translation pretty much sucks, but you sir are turning picky-ness into an art...

i wouldn't ever think to calculate that! ^_^

that being said, the book is not IT. it's just a mise en scene, what's important really comes after, in the books that followed - which the longmenpai people on the forum said are in the process of translation into ingles, so hold on to your nickers...

^_^

I don't see how bad translation could have gotten the geographics wrong.

I now have completed reading the book, and near the end, there's another thing that confuses me a bit. Wang Li Ping talks about trick questions his teachers used to change his way of thinking. He asked the guests how many corners the rooms has, and they said four. Then he noted that there are upper and lower corners. So eight. But then he noted that this is limited to the location of the observer and that the rooms also has corners on the outside.

Well, I would top that. As the name trick question already somewhat implies, it relies on a misunderstanding of the word "corner". It is just a word, used for practical purposes. Your definition of it determines how many corners the room has. It could be an infinite number. Let me ask you: When a teacher tells a naughty student to stand in the corner, which corner is that? The upper? The lower? Or the middle one? Or the whole thing from top to bottom? Where does one corner end and another other start?

And what about a subterranean room? Does it have other corners with incredibly thick walls? Do you trace the 'wall' until you find an outside surface and then count these corners as belonging to the room? If not, where do you draw the line?

And even with thin walls, a room still can have more or less outer corners than inner corners. Several rooms can even share outer corners.

So being asked the question, I probably would have replied: "How exactly do you define the words "corner" and "room"?"